OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Soros is shady.

China worries me though but I've been skeptical on them and their practices since I started trading.

I've come up cause of China but I also feel where you are coming from.

The growth is real out there though, a lot of companies out there have gone up 100 to 300% over the last 52 weeks

Im currently with ERBB and EYBK. Not sure if I should risk going long term with them. I'm also watching FITX as well. Thoughts? I'm brand new to the game btw

RUH ROH!

Capture-20-42.png

http://www.citronresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Medbox-Final.pdf

based mod based mod def true about 2013 filing, could be twisted either way. We don't know. I am getting a little too biased on gold. Gotta stay grounded and trust the analysis. Prob get a pullback soon

TUESDAY

before

DSX - Diana Shipping
DUK - Duke Energy
KO - Coca Cola
WM - Waste Management

after

HLF - Herbalife
MNKD - Mannkind
PBPB - Potbelly
PNRA - Panera

WEDNESDAY

before

DVN - Devon Energy
GRMN - Garmin
LL - Lumber Liquidator
MGM - MGM Resorts
SAVE - Spirit Air
SIX - Six Flags Entertainment

after

JACK - Jack in the Box
MAR - Marriott
SWY - safeway
TSLA - Tesla

THURSDAY

before

FUN - Cedar Fair
HL - Hormel Foods
WMT - WalMart

after

COG - Cabot Oil & Gas
ESRX - Express Scripts
FUEL - Rocket Fuel
GRPN - Groupon
HPQ - Hewlett Packard
JWN - Nordstrom
PCLN - Priceline

FRIDAY

before

DISH - Dish Network

It's already hump day

Last edited:
My cousin's bag holding GRPN. I hope they report well so he can get out :smh:

I'm curious to see how Garmin reports. My pops mentioned how they've gained traction with truckers so I'm interested to see how things have gone for them. Not interested in a position.

Citron has to be in cahoots with CNBC or something. Dude is always putting out hit pieces and discussing them on the network far more recently than ever.

Doug Kass is shorting TSLA. Cited a synthetic fuel that Audi is working on that's more efficient and can be used to power small generators. Meh.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/12401976/1/kass-on-tesla.html

MDBX fires back against Citron and Left's history of fraudulent behavior.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/medboxs-largest-shareholder-comments-lefts-140000444.html

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Vincent Chase, Inc., Medbox, Inc. (MDBX) single largest shareholder, issued a letter to fellow shareholders regarding recent criticisms by a short-selling blogging outfit calling itself "Citron Research."

The letter stated:

"Dear Medbox Shareholders:

We are being attacked by a company called Citron Research, whose principal admits to making his living by short selling companies. Now, I have never made any allusions of having a blemish-free past myself and have been painfully honest in company filings in that regard, but I don't go around casting stones at others. In my opinion, if you are going to take that approach and pick on others, you better have a spotless past yourself.

Here is some background on our opponent:

Citron Research is a one-man show run by Mr. Andrew Left, whose career began with a huge black mark. In 1998, in his first job, Mr. Left was found by the National Futures Association to have: "MADE FALSE AND MISLEADING STATEMENTS TO CHEAT, DEFRAUD OR DECEIVE A CUSTOMER IN VIOLATION OF NFA COMPLIANCE RULES 2-2(a) AND 2-29(a)(1)." Mr. Left was debarred for three years, among other punishments. This finding can be found on the website of the National Futures Association.

After being debarred, Mr. Left was employed as the President & CEO of Detour Media in 1999. But in February 2002, his company sued him for stealing six checks worth about $25,000. In Detour Media's official SEC filing, the company alleged Mr. Left's "fraud and deceit, negligent misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty and unlawful monetary conversion."

In 2005, Mr. Left founded stockleman.com, a predecessor to citronresearch.com. On this website, he slammed a company called WHIS, and one of WHIS's principals, Mr. Salim Rana. He fabricated information about Mr. Rana (calling him a thief who steal from the elderly), and Mr. Rana sued Mr. Left for libel. The court issued a judgment, ordering Mr. Left to pay Mr. Rana $2,500,000 for damages. (Rana vs. Harris et al., Case No. BC313956, Default Judgment, Oct. 28, 2005, Cal. Super. Ct., Los Angeles County).

In 2010, Mr. Left again ran into trouble with the law, in an altercation with a businessman. He was arrested in Florida. In addition, the records show that he was charged for "failing to appear."

One has to wonder why an investor would trust the investment advice of someone with a record of fraud, deceit, and unlawful behavior. I'm conflicted on how to proceed as Left has made bold statements and is daring us to sue him. I am confident that the statements he has made are actionable but I have a personal goal of reducing the company's expenses and not wasting company funds on trivial pursuits. However, I don't mind going after him with personal funds and may pursue the same after I seek the advice of counsel on the matter. My colleagues at Medbox all have unblemished records and Mr. Left's comments as to a culture of civil and criminal disobedience by Medbox officers is patently false and unjustified. Similarly, his comments as to the company's ethical practices are untenable and completely unwarranted.

Thanks for all the support through the years. We are lucky to have fantastic shareholders.

Regards,

P. Vincent Mehdizadeh
Vincent Chase, Inc."

About P. Vincent Mehdizadeh:

Mr. Mehdizadeh founded Prescription Vending Machines, Inc DBA Medicine Dispensing Systems, a subsidiary of Medbox, Inc. He has been responsible for establishing corporate direction and setting the Medbox's strategy. He earned a patent in 2010 for his biometric medicine dispensing machine as well as 4 additional patents pending for other products featured by Medbox.

Last edited:
Vincent Chase, Inc. doe? :lol:

Thought TSLA would make a run up through today for the ER. Guess not :nerd:

Last edited:
I have no money so I stay out of this thread, but is another tech bubble burst on the horizon?  I understand that WhatsApp has a big user base outside of the United States, but $16 billion or 19 depending on who you want to believe, is wild for a company that doesn't make a product. Eddie Bauer, a company that actually makes something sold for under a bil.

WhatsApp makes you add your phone number to get things going. Totally understand why FB bought them. Paid a lot though, but supposedly it's $43 a user.

There's a few bubbles we're in right now. Candy crush maker KING filed for an IPO. Bitcoin is a bubble that's having some air let out of it at the moment. SnapChat would get a $10 billion valuation if they went public today. QE is a bubble in its own right.

Congrats to you guys long TSLA :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm lucky I was in a mtg and wasn't able to sell some of my TSLA position.

For those of you who have it, you gonna keep it and reap Musk's guidance of 32k Model S's in 2014 with a new model on the horizon?

Read some commenters that think TSLA can hit 300 this year O_O

Glad I dipped out of gold when I did. Missed out on a few bucks, but would've lost a lot more if I stayed. Now to wait on the sidelines......

I have no money so I stay out of this thread, but is another tech bubble burst on the horizon?  I understand that WhatsApp has a big user base outside of the United States, but $16 billion or 19 depending on who you want to believe, is wild for a company that doesn't make a product. Eddie Bauer, a company that actually makes something sold for under a bil.

There's always a bubble, whether in the beginning, middle or end stages. The hard part is guessing when it's gonna pop. Not every company makes something tangible. You're underestimating the power of ad revenue.

FNMA updated

Put in an order at 3.20. Didn't execute. Cancelled it and put in another order at 3.25. Also didn't execute. :stoneface:

WhatsApp makes you add your phone number to get things going. Totally understand why FB bought them. Paid a lot though, but supposedly it's $43 a user.

There's a few bubbles we're in right now. Candy crush maker KING filed for an IPO. Bitcoin is a bubble that's having some air let out of it at the moment. SnapChat would get a $10 billion valuation if they went public today. QE is a bubble in its own right.

Congrats to you guys long TSLA :pimp:

Wow. I hope King fails and fails hard.

I'm lucky I was in a mtg and wasn't able to sell some of my TSLA position.

For those of you who have it, you gonna keep it and reap Musk's guidance of 32k Model S's in 2014 with a new model on the horizon?

Read some commenters that think TSLA can hit 300 this year O_O

People also said they weren't gonna go past 100 last year.

Last edited:
im completely ignorant when it comes to stocks.... 

last 2 pages read like a foreign language 

I had 7 year old company stock that I honestly didn't know I even had .... over 200 shares... sold about 85% of them last week for $9k 

they were $17 when I acquired the first batch, sold at just under $60 

my questions to you all is how long do you tend to let your stocks mature* (is that the proper term?) ... how often do you sell and what do you do with the money, reinvest it in other stocks (keep it in your account)..? do you pocket it... what? 

Every stock is unique. I could buy and hold GOOG forever let's say and not worry about much, but I can't do that with let's say KOG.

I have a price target in mind when purchasing and I either peel some off if the stock reaches that point and holds trend, or I sell out completely when the indicators tell me to be weary. Good trades sometimes fail though, so if the stock isn't doing what I expected (if the stock was trading between 57.90-and 58, I might buy in anticipation of that 58 break, but if it can't get past that wall and run over 58 and set higher lows, I may just pull it off the table—I'm a day trader though so I'm usually cashed out by the end of the day with exception to my one swing play FSLR), I back out before the loss becomes greater than I am comfortable parting ways with.

I usually reinvest into other equities, but it's important to take some of those gains and set them aside, so I try to wire out a portion of the proceeds. I'm also looking to take a portion of those profits that I wired out and reinvest some of them in silver and gold since diversity is important and I'm not crazy about having too much paper money lying around.

Everyone's strategy is unique.

Y'all see what bit coin is trading at on MTGOX?

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/02/mtgox-2/

Last edited:
Once TSLA comes down a little I'm jumping in with some tax return money :lol: I've decided to switch to primarily dividend growth investing since I am straight out of school and just started working and don't have nearly enough money to go the trading route...but I'm sticking with a few companies that can hopefully grow my money faster than blue chips and transition it at a later time

Info in here is :pimp: though

Woke up to ERBB +27.94% and CYBK +17.50% :pimp: waiting until Monday when ERBB have their Press release for "Ground breaking news"

Total Gain is CYBK=95.79% ERBB=58.57%

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom