OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Got back into miners. JNUG at 34 during its run up. Much smaller position than my previous NUGT holdings. Set a close stop cause this thing's dangerous. It's like playing 10x-leveraged GDX :lol:

Last edited:
Important day for GSS.. huge bottoming tail / pivot point (weakness was bought up). I reloaded with a 1/3 position once it held .70

Inside day for FNMA with a pivot as well

EDIT: good looking to rhythm808 rhythm808 I believe was the one who mentioned IVR

Last edited:
Market got me all happy and cheery in the morning. Now, I hate the world and hope you all get AIDS.

Time to sell the rips?
nerd.gif
You gotta let the good times roll
laugh.gif
.  Jokes aside, I'm not holding on to anything over a week or two, so I would sell and call it a day.  Hard decision to make though.

MONDAY

before

PANW - Palo Alto Networks

after

SCTY - SolarCity

TUESDAY

before

BLMN - Bloomin' Brands
CBRL - Cracker Barrel
DPZ - Domino's Pizza
EOG - EOG Resources
HD - Home Depot
HFC - HollyFrontier Corp
M - Macys
ODP - Office Depot
SDRL - SeaDrill
TMUS - T Mobile
TOL - Toll Brothers

after

AVGO - Avago Technologies
DWA - DreamWorks Animation
FSLR - First Solar
PZZA - Papa John's
RGR - Sturm, Ruger & Co

WEDNESDAY

before

ANF - Abercrombie
BKS - Barnes and Noble
CRCM- Care.com.... IPO was 1 month ago
CLH - Clean Harbors
DLTR - Dollar Tree
LOW - Lowes
SODA - Sodastream
TGT - Target
TJX - The TJX Companies

after

CLR - Continental Resources
JCP - JC Penny
LB - L Brands
NDLS - Noodles and Co
PLKI - Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
RIG - Transocean
WDAY - Workday

THURSDAY

before

BBY - Best Buy
HLT - Hilton Worldwide
KSS - Kohls
LINE - Linn Energy
LNCO - Linn Co
SHLD - Sears
SRPT - Sarepta Therapeutics
VAC - Marriott Vacations Worldwide
WEN - Wendys

after

ARNA - Arena Pharmaceuticals
CRM - Salesforce.com
DECK - Deckers Outdoor
GPS - Gap
MNST - Monster Beverage
ROST - Ross Stores
SPLK - Splunk
SFM - Sprouts Farmers Market
UHS - Universal Health Services

FRIDAY

before

DDD - 3D Systems

Enjoy the weekend. Cup o noodles for me tonight

^ Yea not a comprehensive list. Just a copy and paste job from another board I frequent.

BIDU - Mon after the bell
SINA - Wed after the bell

:wink:

Anybody loading up on puts for the retailers?

Last edited:
Been trying to look for a discount broker, and have googled.  Heard IB and LS and TOS to be good.  Not looking to anything too fancy, but would like some suggestions for just basic long/short positions.  Read how IB and LS platforms are good, but that their customer service sucks.  Feel un-easy if I can't get into contact w/ someone. Last I heard, Light Speed used to be just a tiny office in NY or something and at times would have lots of operational issues.  Saw them promoting on CNBC, so the name came up.

Last edited:
Just sold out of AKS.....embarassed to have made that trade.  It was easily the worst trade I've ever made....bought at $6.99, sold at $6.33...thanks for not putting a tariff on S. Korean steel US Gov't !!!  Made a decision that helps S. Korean steel busineses, and hurts US steel businesses.....that makes a ton of sense!!!

At least it was only half of my position size that I had in PLUG...so it didn't hurt my profits too much...but it annoys me when I am wrong.

Sprint looks like it is headed in the right direction now though. 

Last edited:
^ Lose some, win more

Blue-balled again today :lol:

FNMA's 40 million volume is back. Gold had a good run. We'll see if Asia plays nice.

Last edited:
what's your strategy when selling your stocks. do you sell it all or slowly?

Depends on a few things:
1. My plan (do I have profit target(s)?)
2. Price action (did it go up too fast?)
3. Position size (do I have a full position?)

If the stock did not go up too quickly and become overextended then I will let it ride until I have a reason to sell such as topping action or broken trend. I have adopted the strategy don't sell until there is a reason to. This leads to big winners

If the stock becomes parabolic and has gone straight up then I will sell half of my position to realize some profits and move my mental stop for the rest to my buy price. Parabolic charts pullback sooner or later so I can buy in again on a pivot point

Don't be afraid to let your winners run. I learned the hard way

Sup guys been following this thread for a while now. Rode the twitter train for a bit and made a bit of profit but sold all of that and aaple. Any good plays this week? Im looking into fslr, but not too sure.

Back
Top Bottom