OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Do you guys do this online buy/sell and what not? i would like to dabble a little in it but i don't have a clue what some of the terminology is or where tostart... (little money to invest)

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Originally Posted by andycrazn

nicely done. sadly i dont have enough capital to be doing what your doing. being a college student sucks!
those life changing stocks makes me want to put random amounts of money into random penny stocks in hopes one will strike big. lol i wont do it though

preach my man..in college for my future FTW, being a college student while playing the stock market FTL..

-J23C

I'm in the same exact position most of you guys are in. I'm 22 btw and in college also. I don't day trade for a living. Just doing it since not taking any summer classes.

thats nice to know that you are in the same position as us...what are your secrets?
laugh.gif
... check your inbox when you get a chance, thanks!

Originally Posted by desent

Do you guys do this online buy/sell and what not? i would like to dabble a little in it but i don't have a clue what some of the terminology is or where to start... (little money to invest)

investopedia.com is going to be your best friend to learn all the ins and outs...

i would also save up a little more money if you are saying 'little money to invest' if you are under a certain amount its not even worth it becausethe commissions will eat up all your profits

-J23C

nicely done. sadly i dont have enough capital to be doing what your doing. being a college student sucks!
those life changing stocks makes me want to put random amounts of money into random penny stocks in hopes one will strike big. lol i wont do it though

preach my man..in college for my future FTW, being a college student while playing the stock market FTL..

-J23C

I'm in the same exact position most of you guys are in. I'm 22 btw and in college also. I don't day trade for a living. Just doing it since not taking any summer classes.
well its my first year and not having a job to build up my capital is whats hindering me from maximizing my potential. im about to say f it andjust go get a job at mcdonalds so i can have more money to play with.

i just came back from the city and i saw that gmgmq was up by 30% damn gm is way to late in this mess. sold 4 of their companies which is pretty good. i wasimpressed that they did get out of bankruptcy though.

GS going to do well especially ahead of earnings that they're supposed to post tomorrow...which should be solid given everything else.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

GS going to do well especially ahead of earnings that they're supposed to post tomorrow...which should be solid given everything else.

Yeah, I'm going to hop in at the low today.

GS should also boost XLF
pimp.gif

Realtalk though, it must feel good to be a G-man right now. It's Bonus Season.

Other than investopedia.com, what other forums and sites do you guys recommend for picking out and researching stocks?

^^

thats the main one and its reliable information that i use. I would stick to that, you should be able to get all the info you need from that website.

-J23C

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

HTDS, get in before it's too late!!

not sure if you were being serious about this, but i did happen to invest in this stock at .0008 and sold today at .0014. Not a bad day so far
smile.gif

-J23C

lol no ones focusing on long term anymore? we always talk about penny stocks and short term stuff. we gotta focus on the long term blue chips that pays nicedividends!

i seriously think we should open up like some sort of aim chatroom so we can discuss stocks. that would be cool as hell

lol no ones focusing on long term anymore? we always talk about penny stocks and short term stuff. we gotta focus on the long term blue chips that pays nice dividends!

i seriously think we should open up like some sort of aim chatroom so we can discuss stocks. that would be cool as hell

only reason im short term right now is because im saving up to get those long term stocks
smile.gif

once i feel like i have enough $ to throw into a long term stock that will pay more than what im making in the short term, then i will do it.

im down for the AIM chat also, let me know if you do anything with that andy

-J23C

Well, what steps do you guys generally look at when your researching a stock? various contracts or earnings?

does anyone know whats a good savings account to have with the highest interest rates so far? i currently use etrade savings

Originally Posted by dbbabd

GMGMQ
In @ .96
Out @ 1.10

Quick $1300
How much did you invest in initially? Was this in a day?

Well I bought 9500 shares @ .96 so initial invest was $9120. This was in about 20 minutes.

you need 25k long i believe to day trade.
i also believe that if you have 25k, you can trade in global markets. correct me if im wrong guys.

not sure if you were being serious about this, but i did happen to invest in this stock at .0008 and sold today at .0014. Not a bad day so far
smile.gif

-J23C

I wish I stayed in, but I sold too early when I THOUGHT I had some better plays. Didn't turn out to be better
frown.gif
. But I'm happy that you got something out of it. I think it will jump upway more by the end of the week after the deal with the Chinese Company.

i'm a college student that will probably have close to 10k by the end of the year. what should i read or how should i go about to start investing

^i asked this question earlier. people in the thread told me to pick up Essentials of Investments by Bodie and start reading stuff on stockcharts.com andinvestopedia.com. that's what ive been doing for the past couple of weeks. Also, I feel one must be well read to do well long-term in the stock market soI've started to read the WSJ online and also just kept up with the stock market news lately. I think I'll start dabbling in trading after a couple moremonths of study.

smile.gif

-J23C

I wish I stayed in, but I sold too early when I THOUGHT I had some better plays. Didn't turn out to be better
frown.gif
. But I'm happy that you got something out of it. I think it will jump up way more by the end of the week after the deal with the Chinese Company.

i agree....i may get back in on a dip and let it run for a couple weeks rather than selling after holding it for a lil over a week. i just happened to put mysell on those stocks at the right time. I feel like this company will be able to hit close to .002-.0025 on some news very quickly...by the way, i LOVE thedaily volume on this company!

-J23C

Back
Top Bottom