OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

AT&T with the power move :wow: RIP Gogo. Barely even knew ye. Wonder how they would be able to keep a consistent connection especially in rural areas though.

Nice trade JRS. I took a small loss trying to scalp solars. Meh.

Last edited:
Nasdaq is in a defined bear trend.  Anyone think we have hit a top and are in a bear market? 

SPY needs to close and hold over 188.24 this week. I've been seeing topping signals for months though so that could just be my bias clouding my judgment/analysis

I'm interested to see if SPLI is a trap or actually bouncing.  Could be an investment doubler if it is a bounce. 

Traded like **** today and down way too much. Taking a step back for the day :smh:

Went to the well with AAPL again when I should've been cognizant of the three day rule and the monster move it had. Should've been more aware that today would be anemic and to just focus elsewhere. Like on FB and NFLX.

I gotta stop falling into the same traps. Keep trying to go long into resistance and anticipate that breakout. It's not happening right now and it's not even a worthwhile strategy.

Lesson learned. I need to avoid repeating the same mistakes.

Let silver come in some more :pimp:

I knew MDCN would drop today, but didn't set any orders in time. Missed that nice dip to the 2.15s. Looking to get filled at 2.00. Currently at 2.47 but I don't chase this thing on days like today. Eventually, I'll get a fill under 2.40.

I read a quote from Sang Lucci yesterday about being self aware and admitting you need to know more. Gonna focus more on being self aware until any of the bad habits I had developed are broken. Taking it simple today with the Fed news later, may not even trade anything.

Let silver come in some more :pimp:

I knew MDCN would drop today, but didn't set any orders in time. Missed that nice dip to the 2.15s. Looking to get filled at 2.00. Currently at 2.47 but I don't chase this thing on days like today. Eventually, I'll get a fill under 2.40.

I read a quote from Sang Lucci yesterday about being self aware and admitting you need to know more. Gonna focus more on being self aware until any of the bad habits I had developed are broken. Taking it simple today with the Fed news later, may not even trade anything.

I feel like every time the FOMC releases a statement, stock comes tumbling down.

"We will be blah blah blah'ing QE." "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

"We will not be blah blah blah'ing QE." "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

This market's on drugs.

I'm spending the day just watching charts and level 2 since it isn't worth it right now. Maybe after the minutes if there's a decent set up.

FB was a great example of a parabolic sitting back just now. Lower high by a couple of pennies after that dip to 59.13 which failed to provide support and led to a nice drop at 58.88. I've learned the hard way that the front side of a move like that could get emotional, but you could get a nice scalp with solid set risk on the HoD by playing the back side if you get that lower high.

Now it's grinding back up some which is why you cover and protect those gains. Let's see if it makes another lower high.

Last edited:
BAC with all these legal wires and then the financial error. I'm long on it but weary of opening more positions. Gon open more on MSFT or build capital for that APPLE split

SQNM swing working well so far. E/R on 5/1 after hours tho

HK is my next accumulate dips swing trade. Like the chart and risk here

AAPL weekly chart. Notice the break above the long term down trend line. Look for a pullback to get long for a swing
http://tos.mx/tuEU2u

Last edited:
I'm referring to the stock splitsplit AAPL is going to do on June 9th. Should drop the price to around $80/share.

AAPL should sell off a little after splitting.

Buddy of mine used to work in a boiler room and was pumping HK from 12-7 before he left for a better place. Probably has some bag holders in it, but the pitch was pretty solid. Something about the CEO Floyd Wilson was gonna sell the company eventually. Who knows if and when he does, but the chart looks nice over that trend line.

For the noobs, try to be aware of stocks that you've seen in the past that have run. Former runners are likely to run again. Few years ago I saw ISR run from .65 to $2.00 in 2 days. Look what it did a few weeks ago. Good to keep these tickers and their past on your mind in case some volume comes in and you could get a nice trade going.

Last edited:
who here lives in NY? was thinking if anyone of yall wanna meet up and grab a few drinks, throw their 2 cents on the table. none of my friends have a passion for investing/economics like i do |I

Well glad tech rebounded and I doubled down on MU. It's going to $30+

Also took a position on GTAT, solid outlook esp. once the iPhone 6 debuts...also moving into solar sector so holding long on those two.

im free on mondays as well. it doesnt have to be this week. maybe sometime this month? il bring my friends as well, they got the global politics game on lock :smokin

Back
Top Bottom