OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Wanted to pick up a call for ICPT the last two sessions but got scared [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Bios breaking the trend

Capture-361398187186.png
Agree with you I am actually in NURO though...looking for an earnings beat this Thursday pre-market. 

Wanted to pick up a call for ICPT the last two sessions but got scared [emoji]128557[/emoji]

Bios breaking the trend

Capture-361398187186.png
Agree with you I am actually in NURO though...looking for an earnings beat this Thursday pre-market. 

Good luck with that. Those micro, microcaps scare me.

GILD with a nice report. May add fuel to the rally.

AMGN not so nice. BIIB reports tomorrow morning, so maybe that'll break the tie.

Just saw ILMN reported well. IBB only up a little AH so far though.

Last edited:
Just started my Sharebuilder account and put in about $1500 to start off with. Any advice on getting started in the market?

cliff notes from that webinar I posted, MB goes over some of her trades from Monday and talks about using the 9 and 20 day sma's to gauge her entry and exit levels intraday. so if she's watching FB and it peaks out over the moving averages or fails at them, she may go short with her risk to that moving average. recommend just checking it out when you get a chance instead of watching TV so you get a better feel of what she looks for. everybody's strategy is different so eventually you new traders will figure out what you're most comfortable with. just keep studying, don't get discouraged and don't try to push size too quickly. paper trading is ok this time of the year if you're unexperienced.

Checked out these 2 vids this morning:

http://thelincolnlist.com/lincoln-alerts-4-23-14/

Last edited:
For the last few days, GLD has been stagnant to lower, yet miners are taking off. Head scratcher.

Bulls trying to fend off the bears today D:

Curious if QCOM's court case with PRKR is partly responsible for the stock being down. I know they missed on revenues, but no one's talking about this case. There's been some repeat call buying in PRKR. Someone bought a bunch last week and yesterday a bunch of May $5 calls were picked up, and I know there was a purchase of 6000 October $7 calls a couple of months ago. I'm currently in the Oct $7 calls and May $5. Basically a gamble on my behalf to be honest but we'll see what happens.

I'm eying SXLP as a back account type of play. It's a low float weed play so kind of similar to MDCN. Gonna gauge it tomorrow and see what it does. I'm not crazy about looking into the "future" of OTCs but their GrowBlox machine is intriguing. Would be a small position if anything since the volume is light and this thing could fly if buyers come in. Super has pushed this one in the past fwiw.

Lincoln List watch list for tomorrow. Posting it more so for the videos Doug links at the bottom that may be helpful for some traders.
http://thelincolnlist.com/lincoln-alerts-4-24-14/

Last edited:
GLD and SLV :wow:. so it is true this months expiry is not an active one.

Capture-73-451398373063.png

What happened there? That fall to 1270 then steep spike to 1290?

Damn Nuro had a good earnings but still went down...this market is testing my patience >:

Volume of 68k on day of ER when 3 month average is 178k? Must've been a boring one :lol:

I held UA through earnings. Got burned despite a good report, but just couldn't satisfy analysts expectations :smh:

I hope silver goes lower. Stack on the cheap :pimp:

MDCN entered the 2.50s today. No fills had all my bids in at 2.41 2.35 and 2.25. Think I get a chance to grab some in the 2.40s tomorrow. Hoping for a retest of the 2s tho.

Last edited:
Volume of 68k on day of ER when 3 month average is 178k? Must've been a boring one
laugh.gif

I held UA through earnings. Got burned despite a good report, but just couldn't satisfy analysts expectations
mean.gif
It was actually a good earnings their EPS went from -.87 EPS in 2013 Q4 to -0.21 EPS in 2014 Q1.  Also 2013 Q1 was -1.06 so the quarter was pretty nice.  Also for 2014 Q1 their new Sensus product shipped 4x more compared to 2013 Q4 (358 to 1,448).  Then in the CC the CEO said they are most likely going to get approved by the Chinese and Japanese governments in order to get the product selling there.  So overall it was pretty positive...gapped up 3.5% to open but then just took a hit the rest of the day.  

It's up 11% on 10 shares traded AH which most likely wont last but I still think they are headed in the right direction.  Hopefully they'll announce approval by China and Japan in the next several months, I'd think that would give the stock a nice spike. 

Back
Top Bottom