OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

the wall street warriors show is pretty good. i was laughing when they talked about f u money and i think that amount is 25 million.

I'm going through each episode right now as well. It's crazy how dude started his own hedge fund from his apartment. I wish to do that some day...

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

I'm going through each episode right now as well. It's crazy how dude started his own hedge fund from his apartment. I wish to do that some day...
i like the 25 y/o and the russian guy. their way thinking is similar to mine.

roll.gif
when the russian guy said a successful husband is a person who makesmoney faster than his wife spends it

^^

to that kid daniel and nikevandal,

open an account with any online broker first. A lot of people on here like scottrade (i do also)... learn the basics at investopedia.com. get to reading anddoing your homework
laugh.gif

-J23C

I've noticed negative divergence on RSI and MACD on almost all the index charts.

Hand Seng hit hard...down ~ 1.95%

I'm watching/playing C tomorrow.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
at having 1,000$ or 500$ and calling that investing, stack up higher
eyes.gif

hush lil man...you start somewhere and thats fine, don't clown people because they are trying to do something...

Guys I'm wanting to get involved in some online trading is Scotttrade the best site to do this. What's got me interested is a friend just told me aboutSSCCQ Smurfist stone. He bought it at .16 and it's up to .64 and he says it' will go as high as $7-8 by the time it's done. What do you guy'sthink? Any pointers on how to get started would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by teddy jam

CTIC rushing up 10 cents this morning ...6.5%

there is a god. i drank so much this weekend to keep my mind off what would happen today. hopefully there will be a run to friday's news!

To the guys like lilchico, jordan23, Andycrazn, ... What did you gusy study in college, and is the stocket market game comprised of pureanalytical skills, or is it a math game?

For the most part you guys are usually on the same page. Do you guys soley trust your personal decisions?

^ what you studied isn't entirely as important as the work you have to put in to analyze like the above people.

case example - i studied finance in university, work in derivatives, level 2 CFA ...yet i have nowhere near the technical skills that lilchico, andycrazn, etcpossess

i don't know if the above have studied finance, etc, etc ...but it shows that you don't have to be a finance genius to be making some cheddar...itcertianly helps to have the background / theoritcal aspects behind it to help make more rational decisions

their style is technical driven for the most part...while others don't use this method at all ...different methods for different investors ...you need todevelop your own method, which takes practice and learning about the market ...even i don't have a solid investing strategy ..just started out in earlyjune

Originally Posted by teddy jam

^ what you studied isn't entirely as important as the work you have to put in to analyze like the above people.

case example - i studied finance in university, work in derivatives, level 2 CFA ...yet i have nowhere near the technical skills that lilchico, andycrazn, etc possess

i don't know if the above have studied finance, etc, etc ...but it shows that you don't have to be a finance genius to be making some cheddar...it certianly helps to have the background / theoritcal aspects behind it to help make more rational decisions

their style is technical driven for the most part...while others don't use this method at all ...different methods for different investors ...you need to develop your own method, which takes practice and learning about the market ...even i don't have a solid investing strategy ..just started out in early june

Thats exactly what I figured. Not that I wouldn't want my finance/math game to be on point, but I never see #'s tossed across this thread. I do seecharts and different patterns of analysis, but I see don't see formulas bouncing from wall to wall ...

Thanks for the reply ... Was really curious to see if traditional fundamentals have been excluded because the market is so violitile during these times, thatpeople dont depend on them anymore.

So Teddy, since joining this thread has it helped develop your strategies even further or has it manipulated you off of your orginal course?

I myself love math, but I am extremely analytical, just figuring how to balance the two meshing together when I am ready to jump into the market.

Love this thread though
pimp.gif

this thread hasn't hindered my original view of investing

i guess you can say - currently - my strategy is...'following smart money', for example - i'm in CTIC just on hype/confidence from the smart peoplein this thread / others that i know

alot of my picks on watchlists are from friends, etc ..i try and get in on dips (like today is a good day when markets tanking) and hold relatively long-term

I use more fundamental analysis and general direection of economy, coupled with how investors are percieving the market right now to see if a certain stock isover/undervalued based on perceptions

keep in mind that the people u are asking for advice have alot of capital / time (they day-trade)

i work 9:30-6, so i can't day trade like lilchico,etc etc ...BUT even if i had the time, i wouldn't day trade just cuz i dont have that high of a risktolerance

Originally Posted by akuratl02

To the guys like lilchico, jordan23, Andycrazn, ... What did you gusy study in college, and is the stocket market game comprised of pure analytical skills, or is it a math game?

For the most part you guys are usually on the same page. Do you guys soley trust your personal decisions?
im currently getting a degree in business administration and what i learned so far in college, only 10 percent of it i can use towards stocks. imnot that great in it but its accounting. if you like math then i guess accounting is for you even though you dont really need it buit it would help alot whenyou are doing fundamentals. i mean warren buffet relies on strong fundamentals and undervalued companies so yea....

Originally Posted by akuratl02

To the guys like lilchico, jordan23, Andycrazn, ... What did you gusy study in college, and is the stocket market game comprised of pure analytical skills, or is it a math game?

I happen to be still in college. Im not taking classes that necessarily deal with analysis of the market but I am taking classes that help you understand themarket a little bit better ie economics. I do technical anlaysis. I know that there are plenty of different types of analysis out there that many investorsuse, but the reason I use this one is because I understand it
laugh.gif

I mainly have been pointed in the right direction by LilChico (told me a couple websites to use that he uses), and I have spent tons of time learning, readingup on the subject, and doing practice problems with live companies to see how well I am learning. There is still much to learn however. I hope this helpssomewhat.

IEternaly, GO CTIC!!!! I think I may sell today then buy back in later on in the week on a dip (we both know how this stock did last week
frown.gif
)

-J23C

Time to take a crazy risk...take a look at LEH the last few days. Bankrupt Lehman Bros has somehow gone from .05 to 0.20 in 3 days. Very nice return forsomebody out there. Who knows what shady firms/high frequency ppls are manipulating it, but I think it will keep goin up for a few days as more ppl takenotice..

Back
Top Bottom