OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by teddy jam

do u recommend C @ 4.65??

60 min is turning and probably will go up, but daily charts saying it's going down. You can PROBABLY get in lower IMO. You can start a position and justaverage down if you'd like or just wait.

BTW, I'm waiting and will buy a big chunk at one time.

what sites do u use besides freestockcharts.com

i'm seriously gonna start spending time daily after work to learn technical analysis

i'm seriously gonna start spending time daily after work to learn technical analysis

Sites can only help you out so much. I read the charts intraday and base my opinions off them. I don't consider myself an expert, but I'm starting toget better at it. Stockcharts.com and investopedia.com have helped me out a lot.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Sites can only help you out so much. I read the charts intraday and base my opinions off them. I don't consider myself an expert, but I'm starting to get better at it. Stockcharts.com and investopedia.com have helped me out a lot.
heres another one
http://www.chartpatterns.com/

well im out of CTIC...that's the worst news i could hear. took the L for this run, but the W for the whole thing. sept 4th was supposed to help thefinancials for this company, and i dont know what they are going to to now. i can see this getting down to 1.3s or lower, i will buy back before april and hopeit will be a good b-day present.

F' the FDA.

Did the institutional investor who purchased the warrants at 1.59 ever excercise?

In @ 1.76 still. the 1.5 line should serve as support.

Sites can only help you out so much. I read the charts intraday and base my opinions off them. I don't consider myself an expert, but I'm starting to get better at it. Stockcharts.com and investopedia.com have helped me out a lot.

sorry for ignorance, which charts do u look at intraday? do u look quotes on freestockcharts and look intraday on that?

chico

C 3:27pm ET 4.55 -0.45 -9.00%

is this a good entry point ..r u gonna wait tomorrow morning and get in at mkt open if it declines further?

sorry for ignorance, which charts do u look at intraday? do u look quotes on freestockcharts and look intraday on that?

No, I look at charts on Scottrade Elite and use level 2. I haven't used freestockcharts.com for a while.

chico

C 3:27pm ET 4.55 -0.45 -9.00%

is this a good entry point ..r u gonna wait tomorrow morning and get in at mkt open if it declines further?

I forgot where I posted, but I said if C breaks support at 4.58 it's going to fill gap near 4.48. Wait to see if it holds gap support or it'll possiblygo even lower. I'm going to watch tomorrow to see if it fills gap and then bounces.

All IMO.

teddy jam wrote:

http://www.thestreet.com/...m_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

these fools have an agenda. they are obviously shorting CTIC, they do this all the time. i hope that fool adam ****stein gets put behind bars ....he doesntknow anything about biotechs. just a blogger shortie, go check his credibility.

CTIC has disappointed the hell out of me but im still in @1.60, i have no other choice. *@*+ the FDA and *@*+ adam ****stain

No, I look at charts on Scottrade Elite and use level 2. I haven't used freestockcharts.com for a while.

is level 2 a program? free? sorry for all the q's...i don't think i can access scotttrade elite, as i dont have an investment account with them

these fools have an agenda. they are obviously shorting CTIC, they do this all the time. i hope that fool adam ****stein gets put behind bars ....he doesnt know anything about biotechs. just a blogger shortie, go check his credibility.

CTIC has disappointed the hell out of me but im still in @1.60, i have no other choice. *@*+ the FDA and *@*+ adam ****stain

good to know...i see their articles all the time come up on yahoo

thanks bud!

these fools have an agenda. they are obviously shorting CTIC, they do this all the time. i hope that fool adam ****stein gets put behind bars ....he doesnt know anything about biotechs. just a blogger shortie, go check his credibility.

i hate the street, jim cramer, starting to hate all of CNBC...main stream is killing the market...

if BRK-A goes to $90k or below, im buying one share and saying F the market for the rest of the year.
laugh.gif

is level 2 a program? free? sorry for all the q's...i don't think i can access scotttrade elite, as i dont have an investment account with them

Level 2 isn't a program, but a tool. Everyone gets to see level 1: last trade price, volume, etc. Level 2 is avaliable to active traders. It basicallyshows you what is going on beyond the current bid and ask and gives you snapshot of how much demand and supply there is.

september is historical the worst month in the market.
either time to stack on dips, short, or take profits.

Also, keep an eye on Gold in the near future. Gold is in a big symmetrical triangle.

Quick chart I drew up...

2v34kua.jpg

BOOYAH!
hehe. btw some technical dude made that triangle indicating this would happen like a month ago. i dont know how but dudes really good. i think heonly follows precious metals

Originally Posted by akuratl02

To the guys like lilchico, jordan23, Andycrazn, ... What did you gusy study in college, and is the stocket market game comprised of pure analytical skills, or is it a math game?

For the most part you guys are usually on the same page. Do you guys soley trust your personal decisions?

I'm still in college but I'm a finance major (with a math minor). The stock market game is really an information game. It's all about gathering asmuch information as possible and being able to discern which information is actually valuable. If it appears we're on the same page, it's only becausethat's how the market works. If I decide to short the market (which I've been short since 1020-1030), it's only because I feel others will comeinto the market and sell. Any time you take a position, you're betting that the general market feels the same way you do and will follow. The only way youprofit is if you're right and others do what you do (buy if you bought or sell if you sold).

Originally Posted by andycrazn

LiLcHiCo4LiFe wrote:

Also, keep an eye on Gold in the near future. Gold is in a big symmetrical triangle.
Quick chart I drew up...
2v34kua.jpg

BOOYAH!
hehe. btw some technical dude made that triangle indicating this would happen like a month ago. i dont know how but dudes really good. i think he only follows precious metals

golds.jpg

One of the good things about this setup is that there are so many people watching and seeing the same thing, so when it breaks out it'll jump. Tradersshould wait for it to break out from that channel before getting back in. Investors could jump in now depending on risk appetite. I think a channel breakoutshould be sufficient enough to cause GLD to break out from that price resistance around 97.30.

Edit: There may be addition resistance at 96.30. If you look carefully at June 2nd, there was a doji as the market failed to close above 96.30. 96.30 fallsexactly at the same point as the channel resistance. A breakout at this point (with multiple resistances) could be very profitable if you're on the rightside.

Back
Top Bottom