OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

spent 2 hours reading investopedia tutorial for technical analysis (along with the subsections within the main tutorial) ..almost done ..on moving averages

chico - nice chart on gold, i learned the triangle and it shot up today!

got a handle on head and shoulders/inverse h&a/trianges/cup and handle/gaps/double, triple bottoms

it's hard to determine/forecast these patterns when looking on stockcharts
laugh.gif
but i will take time to learn it more
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by teddy jam

spent 2 hours reading investopedia tutorial for technical analysis (along with the subsections within the main tutorial) ..almost done ..on moving averages

chico - nice chart on gold, i learned the triangle and it shot up today!

got a handle on head and shoulders/inverse h&a/trianges/cup and handle/gaps/double, triple bottoms

it's hard to determine/forecast these patterns when looking on stockcharts
laugh.gif
but i will take time to learn it more
pimp.gif
did you learn the basics?

^ i don't know what you consider "basics"

i've studied it in the past via school/CFA ...so i can grasp the concepts relatively well

if i was to look at the gold graph, i could pick out a triangle i'm sure

still not too clear on MACD tho

no..i'm saying from my finance degree and work in finance and studies in finance outside of school - which all touched on technical analysis, i can graspthe concepts for the most part without pulling hairs

its late and im freakin tired so i didnt read it correctly.

but yea the basics like why a stock moves the way it does (up, down) etc.

we'll i wouldn't attribute technical analysis as to why stocks move up/down ..but it's definately helpful when combining with fundamentals/marketperceptions

time for bed, see u in the morning
payce

Originally Posted by andycrazn

theres no stopping ng! hope gold knocks on 1000 by the end of the week

Good lordy...My gold and gold mining stocks skyrocketed yesterday, and it's looking like it's on the same pace today. Exciting!

Recent news on Citi...

DJ Citigroup Shareholders Approve Increase In Shares

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Citigroup Inc.'s (C) shareholders approved resolutions that would authorize an increase in the number of shares outstanding to 60 billion, allowing thestruggling banking giant to complete a $60 billion securities exchange, which leaves the U.S. government a one-third owner.
Shares were up 3.9% at $4.74 in recent premarket trading.
At the end of July, Citigroup said essentially all of the $20.3 billion of publicly held preferred and trust-preferred securities outstanding were tendered toits exchange offer. Those holdings will be converted into common stock, while the federal government exchanged some $39.5 billion of preferred stock for newsecurities.
Citigroup is issuing 5.83 billion common shares to the public participants, diluting its shares outstanding by about half.
After the exchange, effective at the close of business Sept. 10, Citigroup will have approximately 22.88 billion shares outstanding.
Shareholders also backed the company being able to undertake a reverse stock split, with seven possible scenarios, before June 30.
Citigroup has been undergoing a management and board reshuffling as the government exerts influence over the company's operations. Regulators want to seetougher internal oversight of the management and operations of struggling banks. The company has largely been in the red the past several years on huge lossesfrom mortgage and other investments. Meanwhile, credit losses are mounting, as they do industrywide.

Originally Posted by teddy jam

NG down 5%

profit taking?
LAME. i went out to eat with my friends and i was up by alot on opening. now i lost 2/3s that. shouldve set limits on it

oh ng is just correcting imo. there is profit taking as well since it shot up so much in such a short amount of time

Originally Posted by iEternalv

gold is killing it.
damn its so close in knocking down 1000! now i regret not getting another oz 3 days ago for 900 and not getting more shares of ng when it hit 3.3

dlm
pimp.gif

damn kid, i wish i got in when you first dropped the line. it made sense with the economy the way it is...
frown.gif

did that one dollar store ever IPO? i totally forgot about that one.

Originally Posted by iEternalv

dlm
pimp.gif

damn kid, i wish i got in when you first dropped the line. it made sense with the economy the way it is...
frown.gif

did that one dollar store ever IPO? i totally forgot about that one.
you can still get in dlm. remember dlm is long term for me. just get it on the dip. you couldve gotten in when they wanted to take profits and itdrove the stock down to 10.8

Back
Top Bottom