OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You guys eying anything next week? SBUX looks interesting to the downside if the market opens lower.

AAPL AAPL AAPL. Making my moves on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by freelythinkingmind

So, if i had a stock i wanted to invest $5k tomorrow into, How would i go about doing this? THE EASIEST WAY?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Open up a trading account.  I recommend Charles Schwab or OptionsXpress. It may take a few days though because you have to link your bank account with your trading account, but it's quite simple and easy. Schwab's customer service is [/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Cschwab needs a $1000 bank roll... What if i want to spend all the 5k at once? like i odnt want to always keep $1,000 sitting with schwab no movement feel me?

CMG and GOOG both fell on great earnings. Classic market top. Leaders get hit first and hard. AAPL is no exception. Not even if Steve Jobs comes back from the dead and announces a Hover Board to be released. Get out and buy again when the bulls gain control again.

I said before a few days ago the leaders AAPL, PCLN, GOOG, CMG are getting spanked.

Well optionsxpress is owned by Schwab now so keep that in mind.

Also, with Chuck, they do waive broker fees on any ETF that is a house one...so that's nice even though theyre not a SPDR or something. I think Casilla is the best choice out of everyone but I don't think he's a closer.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

CMG and GOOG both fell on great earnings. Classic market top. Leaders get hit first and hard. AAPL is no exception. Not even if Steve Jobs comes back from the dead and announces a Hover Board to be released. Get out and buy again when the bulls gain control again.

I said before a few days ago the leaders AAPL, PCLN, GOOG, CMG are getting spanked.

Agreed.

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

So, if i had a stock i wanted to invest $5k tomorrow into, How would i go about doing this? THE EASIEST WAY?
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Open up a trading account.  I recommend Charles Schwab or OptionsXpress. It may take a few days though because you have to link your bank account with your trading account, but it's quite simple and easy. Schwab's customer service is [/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Cschwab needs a $1000 bank roll... What if i want to spend all the 5k at once? like i odnt want to always keep $1,000 sitting with schwab no movement feel me?
i opened an optionshouse account its taking a while to transfer over my funds.  Has this happened to any one else before?

Originally Posted by JC08

Key event this week will be the Fed FOMC meeting on Wednesday.

TRUE.
What websites are good source of finance news ?  I try to read finance.yahoo.com daily but their articles aren't that good. 

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

TRUE.
What websites are good source of finance news ?  I try to read finance.yahoo.com daily but their articles aren't that good. 
Yep,they have some good news, Europe is down as are most stocks in the US.

As for websites, I like Yahoos charts. But for news I prefer marketwatch.com. Any other alternatives?
Oh and I hvae found twitter very useful in finding out things early on and stumbling upon good opinions and articles. Only thing I actually use it for.

Beyond frustrated that I won't have capital available until tomorrow. AAPL dipping below $560 would have been the perfect opportunity to make my trades. I don't think we see that again before earnings.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

TRUE.
Yep,they have some good news, Europe is down as are most stocks in the US.

As for websites, I like Yahoos charts. But for news I prefer marketwatch.com. Any other alternatives?
Oh and I hvae found twitter very useful in finding out things early on and stumbling upon good opinions and articles. Only thing I actually use it for.
Usually read the usual Bloomberg, WSJ, Economist. For headline news I always follow Ransquawk and Forex Factory. Earningswhispers and Stocktwits are helpful for equities as well.
French elections should make things volatile from now until May 6. The race is Hollande's to lose...

I read WSJ mostly, since I have it up at work all day.

I also read industry periodicals such as Hedge Fund Alert.

Lastly, I have access to Goldman360 and most other major Prime Broker so I can utilize them for their research and articles.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Beyond frustrated that I won't have capital available until tomorrow. AAPL dipping below $560 would have been the perfect opportunity to make my trades. I don't think we see that again before earnings.

I hear you, I'm stuck...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Entered AAPL 590/600 weekly BCS for $3.95. That's all I could afford until tomorrow. That's going to be my only weekly play before earnings. Thinking of Jan 13 650 call before market close tomorrow. I have faith that we get a solid EPS beat tomorrow. Even if we don't, I have a hard time seeing a huge downside unless there is a massive miss. It seems that the potential for bad iPhone sales and a delay in the new iPhone launch is alady being priced in.

Here are my pre-earnings holdings...

1 Jan 13 650 call @ 33.85

1 May 620/625 BCS @ 1.52

1 AprWk4 590/600 BCS @ 3.95

Less than 2 hours. I'm convinced of a leak from the carriers on domestic iPhone sales. Hoping international growth crushes the US decline.

nope.

again, earnings and figures dont' matter. stocks sold for the past few weeks. aapl was the play mentioned. some cats got fiesty about putting money where the mouth is.

smart trader: cover shorts prior to earnings
dumb trader: playing earnings believing it does something, whatever playing means.
dumbest trader: going Long into earnings believing 'sales' and good figures will launch the stock. lolz straight up las vegas style.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Here are my pre-earnings holdings...

1 Jan 13 650 call @ 33.85

1 May 620/625 BCS @ 1.52

1 AprWk4 590/600 BCS @ 3.95

All is good again in the world. I should cover the weekly. Hope to cover the May call shortly. Will likely hold the LEAP. We're going up baby.

I'm not gonna lie, those AT&T and Verizon iphone numbers had me shook heading into earnings. Glad I didn't give in to the panic and sell.

Originally Posted by Jonai Number 4

I'm not gonna lie, those AT&T and Verizon iphone numbers had me shook heading into earnings. Glad I didn't give in to the panic and sell.

Of course hindsight is 20/20, but I always knew this Q was all about international growth. The US decline was a little more than what most expected, but reasonable enough that international numbers could make up for it. International revenue made up 64% of total revenue this Q. That's the future.

Back
Top Bottom