OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I really hope someone played SolarCity when I was mentioning it near 55 because I didn't :smh:

ACHN worth an eye for 3 break... thinking this is more of a swing trade. Use dips as long opportunity

FU want to be a part of the 7 breakout... maybe a swing also. This stock can make huge moves.. former runner (see September)

Anyone in commodities?  I remember an NT'er trying to put us on a while back when Silver was under $20, shaking my head for not getting it then, but it's barely over $20 right now, so I might jump in...

Just saw the news on BBRY :x I wonder how much longer until they liquidate all of their assets

Anyone in commodities?  I remember an NT'er trying to put us on a while back when Silver was under $20, shaking my head for not getting it then, but it's barely over $20 right now, so I might jump in...

I don't invest directly into commodities, but miners & ETFs. The general consensus is that it's still on a bearish trend dating back to 2011, but here's the chart that you or someone else might be better able to interpret:

ag1825nyb.gif

Last edited:
It'd be interested to hear how all of you are investing for your retirement. What's your asset allocation like? Are you as risky as you are with your day trading?

On a separate note, any advice on where/how to invest a few thousands to grow a future (3-5 years from now) down payment on a house?

3d Systems DDD has been on a run man, glad I finally decided to trade this one.

KORS with the move upward today, didn't play it though.

Rip roaring in Pandora today :x

I was short for a little while, but the trade wasn't working so I got out about flattish.

As for playing TSLA today - risk is to the downside, IMO. That being said, I would never short these cult stocks. It's just too dangerous.

TSLA -10% AH

Buying op tomorrow? :nerd: I swear these stocks always drop in the double digit percentages, then recover the same day and go +20% in the next week

Last edited:
TSLA -10% AH

Buying op tomorrow? :nerd: I swear these stocks always drop in the double digit percentages, then recover the same day and go +20% in the next week

Could very well be. People love this stock, and the more Musk talks it down, the more people want to buy it :lol:

^ "No one goes broke taking profits"

A trader in the IU chat room had 175k shares OXBT 1.50s average. He took his profits near 2.50. Don't feel too bad

Over the last week or so I learned an important lesson.
"Be like water"
Sometimes I get too biased on a stock and don't play the opposite direction. OXBT is the perfect example. This morning I shorted 1/4 position near 6 once I saw the lower high put in at 6.07. The stock moved against me and I took it off for a small loss. I did not go long at this point even though my analysis supported a long position once the lower high was taken out. Last week I was able to flip positions on ACAD in a similar situation; the short wasn't working so I took a long for a solid gain. Moral of the story, TRUST YOUR EDGE!

Wizard im assuming your talking about Modern Rock? You are correct about taking profits. I guess I'm so hard on myself ,because I want to be a successful day trader (just started a few weeks ago). I must remember that patience is key and that greatness will come with time. BTW i appreciate your blog, I hope to get into the IU chatroom soon, i really enjoyed Nate's dvd.

TSLA -10% AH

Could very well be. People love this stock, and the more Musk talks it down, the more people want to buy it :lol:

This is looking like it may be one of the best shorting opportunities in a long time based on valuation. I need to do some homework on the earnings report though to confirm.

Best way to play TSLA right now is to go with the least expected outcome.

It's a tough call since revenue was strong at $600m. If revenue came up short I'd be more inclined to short. The people moving this stock have shown so far that they don't really care about earnings.

Back
Top Bottom