OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I am just a bit dissappointed at letting SNDK slip. I was playing it, but the past few dyas of volatility in stocks, especially in SNDK made me leave it. More so, I don't normally play earnings that way because the gap could've left me feeling sad.

I hate that feeling though, but I am trying not to use emotions.

Still, 12%+ gain. Wow.

On the other end, I am making money in real estate. It's hot and under the nose of the broad markets.

Thanks..

ALos, I am considering INTERACTIVE BROKERS or THINK OR SWIM. Any body w/ idea? I am more of a bear, so which one would be better shorting? I have heard mixed things w/ both. I am more passive and just deal w/ stocks.

What are your guys thoughts on PCBC? It's been rising like crazy these past couple of weeks.

I knew I should have started a position in it. You guys think its too late now?

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

ALos, I am considering INTERACTIVE BROKERS or THINK OR SWIM. Any body w/ idea? I am more of a bear, so which one would be better shorting? I have heard mixed things w/ both. I am more passive and just deal w/ stocks.

Mess wit the think or swim. it doesnt really matter if u only short stocks or not, its more in depth, better charts, etc

Originally Posted by MagicalReg

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Mess wit the think or swim. it doesnt really matter if u only short stocks or not, its more in depth, better charts, etc

I like TOS because of the prophet charts.  I am traditional, but some interfaces I think will require me to take some time.  I like how I can just point and click on the chart.  But if I got to another interface to enter a buy on the 'ask' side, it confuses my dumb brain.

Im still thinking about it, but I feel like TOS might give me that edge, simply because of the chart. 

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I really need some AAPL stock... Targets could reach $300.

My forecast is max of $315 by this time next year.  In reality, though it's just all numbers.  Anybody can punch numbers into a DCF model and come up with price projections.  Discount rates in DCF models literally are made out of thin air.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by finnns2003

I really need some AAPL stock... Targets could reach $300.

My forecast is max of $315 by this time next year.  In reality, though it's just all numbers.  Anybody can punch numbers into a DCF model and come up with price projections.  Discount rates in DCF models literally are made out of thin air.
True, but hey $315 would be even better.
laugh.gif

im not playing anything but i am short.. i had to because i reversed all the lost on today. i should've seen it. but FK my life.

i need a better broker.

TOS or IB?

please !QQQQQQQQ

for you technical guys, do you have any book recommendations? i'm clueless when it comes to technical analysis and am looking to pick up some knowledge...

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

for you technical guys, do you have any book recommendations? i'm clueless when it comes to technical analysis and am looking to pick up some knowledge...

Don't know of any books, but check out stockcharts.com (chart school). It helped me out a lot and whenever I'm stumped on something, that's where I go.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Don't know of any books, but check out stockcharts.com (chart school). It helped me out a lot and whenever I'm stumped on something, that's where I go.
thanks for the link Chico
pimp.gif

Whats everyones opinion on palm and HP?

io got quite a few shares in palm, and im hoping HP would help it out. thoughts?

Originally Posted by BangDak

Whats everyones opinion on palm and HP?

io got quite a few shares in palm, and im hoping HP would help it out. thoughts?

Under the terms of the agreement, Palm shareholders will receive $5.70 in cash for each share of Palm common stock owned, valuing the total transaction at approximately $1.2 billion.

Back
Top Bottom