Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by andre3001

Anyone else worried about SRS not hitting triple digits? Didn't VNO report decent numbers recently? I thought I had read that. Not trying to post misinformation.

i don't know about triple digits... i wouldn't be surprised ... but i review commercial real estate loans on a constant basis and i'll just sayit's not looking good ... but we already know this

laugh.gif
DKY, AAPL is up 7%. Eh... earnings were pretty good, I don't think AAPL sees 100 though.

I was blown away at AAPL's numbers yesterday. I thought they were going to miss earnings by a lot but they clearly surpassed most people'sexpectations. Something has to be going on there with their accounting methods and books. Did anyone check out an AAPL store during the holiday season, it wasdeserted compared to its usual standards. Their next quarter is going to be a disaster and who knows whats going to happen to Jobs.

I keep wanting to purchase some USB but I'm too scared. BAC is pretty tempting too. I just bought more SRS, FAZ, and SKF today. No good news out there, ofcourse that hasn't stopped the market from some ridiculous gains.

i'm tempted to do a look back and see if i would have traded srs every but sold everytime the market was about to hit 8000. Its having a tough timebreaking thru ... and then srs and faz come back down off of session highs

I admit im a noob and starting to try and read up when i have the time, but I'v been following this thread and all the talk about SRS, so i startedwatching it yesterday and dropped about $12 since than. Are you guys waiting to buy at what your hoping at its lowest point than expect it to jump up nextmonth? Im not looking to buy anything yet just trying to learn as much as i can before i even start to think about putting my money in the market

I was watching the close for a significant dip at the end of the trading session but it never materialized.
As for the dude that asked about a SRS entry point... I usually look for below $60.

I see you plunge protection, keep doin' ya thang.
eyes.gif

Why won't they let it drop and then come back, why is the inevitable being prolonged?
tired.gif

Originally Posted by nicefro

eyes.gif

Why won't they let it drop and then come back, why is the inevitable being prolonged?
tired.gif
As one of Barack Obama's books is titled, its an "Audacity of Hope".
laugh.gif

I'm not as much worried about this week as I am next. If SRS doesn't start to make a serious push up next week, I would start to get a little worried(given that some REIT earnings are supposed to release).

BTW - some serious volume in SRS, little over 27 million shares.

Originally Posted by nicefro

eyes.gif

tired.gif
They don't have to prolong anything. They can prop the market up for good for all they care, just the value of things will be a lot less.

Originally Posted by Rightguard

im glad most of my stocks are climbing back up....dividends ftw
Don't get to happy to fast. Bear market rally buddy, better get out while you're still ahead.

True, I tried to sign-up with IB the other day but I didn't realize you had to be 21 to trade options/everything else other then straight stocks. Justopened up a TOS account. I'll probably transfer it over to an IB account during the summer when I turn 21. Do see any major benefits to IB over TOS otherthen the slightly cheaper commissions?

Originally Posted by nycballer

True, I tried to sign-up with IB the other day but I didn't realize you had to be 21 to trade options/everything else other then straight stocks. Just opened up a TOS account. I'll probably transfer it over to an IB account during the summer when I turn 21. Do see any major benefits to IB over TOS other then the slightly cheaper commissions?
I've never used TOS to actually trade so I have no opinion in regards to that. The only thing I use TOS for is its Prophet Charting platformthat DKY introduced to me. It's the best free charting platform I know of.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by nycballer

True, I tried to sign-up with IB the other day but I didn't realize you had to be 21 to trade options/everything else other then straight stocks. Just opened up a TOS account. I'll probably transfer it over to an IB account during the summer when I turn 21. Do see any major benefits to IB over TOS other then the slightly cheaper commissions?
I've never used TOS to actually trade so I have no opinion in regards to that. The only thing I use TOS for is its Prophet Charting platform that DKY introduced to me. It's the best free charting platform I know of.
Definitely, prophet charts rock. Do IB or TOS charge quarterly fees?

^With IB there is a minimum of $3 commission a month. TOS doesn't have an minimum commissions on a monthly basis but the charge you a minimum of $5 a trade- though its only $.015 a share (still pretty much the cheapest you can get).

laugh.gif
@ gary payton .... damn chuck ...
smh.gif

i can't stand listening to payton talk ... he is as bad as emmitt smith

Back
Top Bottom