Official Supreme Thread F/W Season Done. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something seems to be off, just put in an order right before submit on footlocker website for a pair of kicks and no sales tax. I gotta look this up some more.

^It's up to the online retailer on when to implement tax. StockX added tax for me last month and Supreme just added this morning.

3/4 orders in. Hanes tee came in with 2 reggies and no shower cap:smh:

52E5054D-CBDA-4724-B2C6-528690B5629A.jpeg

Supreme has an office/place of business in New York. I think they actually own that building in lafayette and as far as the online shopping goes, I don't think that law passed here in NY as yet. Cuomo has been pushing for it but as of now
"Tangible products are taxable in New York, with a few exceptions. These exceptions include certain groceries and food items, over-the-counter and prescription medicine, family planning products, medical devices, and certain clothing and footwear sold for less than $110 per item"

Not a bug. Law that was passed last year requires online retailers to collect sales tax even if they don't have a physical location in that state.
it's not a new law just reinterpretation of existing law by the SC
^It's up to the online retailer on when to implement tax. StockX added tax for me last month and Supreme just added this morning.
it's up to the individual states on when to begin implementing the tax, now whether stores actually update on time is another thing

I don't have a damn thing either, no label on either orders (Monday and Tuesday) Anyone selling there black KONY for a decent price in NYC? XL, hit me up 1-800-223-9797 (DM)

PA NTer's

https://www.revenue.pa.gov/GeneralTaxInformation/Tax Types and Information/SUT/Pages/default.aspx

The sales and use tax is imposed on the retail sale, consumption, rental or use of tangible personal property including - digital products - in Pennsylvania. The tax is also imposed on certain services relating to such property and on the charge for specific business services. Major items exempt from the tax include food (not ready-to-eat); candy and gum; most clothing; textbooks; computer services; pharmaceutical drugs; sales for resale; and residential heating fuels such as oil, electricity, gas, coal and firewood.

again, there should not be sales tax on clothes

I think the tax on Supreme will help reduce what I buy on there. I was already questioning why I’m paying $50 or $60 on some of these T-shirt’s. And their markup on some of the accessories is ridiculous, like 2-300%. Their crazy prices should be inclusive of tax.

This tax officially marks the end of reselling
Resellers are crying, while I'm out here in Cali already paying hella taxes on each drop

PA NTer's

https://www.revenue.pa.gov/GeneralTaxInformation/Tax Types and Information/SUT/Pages/default.aspx

The sales and use tax is imposed on the retail sale, consumption, rental or use of tangible personal property including - digital products - in Pennsylvania. The tax is also imposed on certain services relating to such property and on the charge for specific business services. Major items exempt from the tax include food (not ready-to-eat); candy and gum; most clothing; textbooks; computer services; pharmaceutical drugs; sales for resale; and residential heating fuels such as oil, electricity, gas, coal and firewood.

again, there should not be sales tax on clothes

that's for physical purchases right? from what i've read this is for online purchases and it's state by state and on the online retailer to charge tax.

i just moved to los angeles from the the east coast and feel the sales tax pain now. and on top of the 10 dollar shipping?

good thing there's only one more thing i absolutely must have from the in-line drop... (ghost rider tee).

and i just realized that supreme tees have gone up by $10 in the last ten years too.

Week one being such a big drop usually takes the longest to ship out. I will start to actually worry middle of next week...when we get info on the next drop.

But the tax thing, as dumb as it sounds, is kind of a big deal. I was thinking about grabbing a pocket-t. And i was like idk thats sooo expensive for a t shirt...whelp with tax...im def out. You know they won't but would be nice if they could absorb tax by lowering shipping. So we just have to pay the $10 for tax and shipping.

that's for physical purchases right? from what i've read this is for online purchases and it's state by state and on the online retailer to charge tax.
I’ve read that they’re supposed to charge tax based on where the product comes from, now where the customer lives

NY and CA both have sales tax, so that’s why it’s being charged

Had a few charges fall off today but it's happened before where they came back later on and items still shipped. I'm just hoping it's not actually "cancelled" .

In a perfect world Supreme would send out a different freebie item each week to help justify the tax/$10 shipping...we’re over here gushing over showercaps and poppi seeds, it’s not like it would require much effort or money (when you consider what they upcharge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom