Official Supreme Thread F/W Season Done. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thought it would be an easy pass week and then they had to go and do those martin wong tees.

giphy.gif

Supreme always uses some questionable art on their stuff. I liked the minimalistic look of the buildings on ‘big heat’ but the idk bout the male firefighters making out. Not sure what/ if I’ll grab somethin this wk.

They already dropped most of the lookbook accessories the 1st half of the season. Wonder if there will be some “unseen” items poppin up, I think there’s only the dumbbell & chair left.

Last edited:
Was feeling the attorney street tee until I looked up the meaning behind his artwork.

I'm not down with the satanic sign language. I'm not trying to slap jesus in the face.

Was feeling the attorney street tee until I looked up the meaning behind his artwork.

I'm not down with the satanic sign language. I'm not trying to slap jesus in the face.
How are they satanic? It's just repeating the phrase below it which comes from an author Wong was friends with.

It says: "Slapped Jesus in the face and ran Satan out of town."

I consider that satanic, but that's just my opinion.

You may be right, I don't read sign language. I may have misread an article.

Just not for me, I personally can't wear something that says that.

Supreme always uses some questionable art on their stuff. I liked the minimalistic look of the buildings on ‘big heat’ but the idk bout the male firefighters making out. Not sure what/ if I’ll grab somethin this wk.

They already dropped most of the lookbook accessories the 1st half of the season. Wonder if there will be some “unseen” items poppin up, I think there’s only the dumbbell & chair left.
I hope you know Martin was gay, hence he drew two guys kissing

Let's see if I can get a suitcase this go around. Carry on or regular it's just a $100 difference but I can get more use out of the carry on. But I'll probably fail like last time.

Per the almighty internet

Attorney Street commemorates the Lower East Side neighborhood where Wong lived. Here the artist depicts a handball court that had recently been tagged with graffiti. At the top is a poem by the Puerto Rican author Miguel Piñero, who boasts about his adventures in crime, addiction, poverty, and violence. The poem’s sudden bursts of speech form a staccato rhythm that culminates with the outrageous declaration, "Slapped Jesus in the face and ran Satan out of town." Finger-signs appear throughout the work, repeating the inscriptions around them. Between the stylized graffiti, the written poem, and the manual alphabet, Wong crams together multiple forms of communication, all of them rife with coded messages. Ultimately, the painting conveys the noise, hyperactive energy, and multilingual jumble of New York City.

I love the thought of it all. The busy painting and all the talk and symbols and court just encompassing and embodying the NY street where he grew up.

i also love the juxtaposition that is depicted on the Big Heat. The cold tough buildings of NY with the grit of firefighters...yet they are two men kissing. It is emotive to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom