Official Supreme Thread; F/W14; FAQ ON PG 1; vol. End of F/W Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
This spring, Supreme will release "cherry," its first full-length skateboard video. 

"cherry" is directed by New York-based videographer, William Strobeck. The video features Tyshawn Jones, Sage Elsesser, Sean Pablo, Nakel Smith, Kevin Bradley, Aidan Mackey, Paulo Diaz, Mark Gonzales, Dylan Rieder, Alex Olson and Jason Dill, in addition to the family and friends that have been a part of the shop throughout its 20-year history. 

"cherry" runs 38 minutes. The DVD comes with a photo book that documents the making of the video. 

Available in-store NY, LA and online March 20th.

*Available on iTunes March 27th.

xQm_9-tejn4.jpg

i0ESV3ZNunQ.jpg

xcA5gtjfc3g.jpg

[h2]I hope this video gets new kids skating and participating in thE culture they've been buying into.[/h2]

Last edited:
Here comes people whose first priority on drop day will be "cherry" who never skated in their life and can't name a skater outside tony hawk and Rodney Mullen :lol:

Dope seeing rieder and Olson in the vid. Big fans of both. Rieders individual part that dropped a few years back is filthy

Don't be that guy...

I'm just sayin man :lol: you know it's true. But I'll stop here, carry on.

Like dude above said, hopefully it does bring some of these kids to try skating after they have been buying a brand that was born with skateboarding roots

Fact is the majority of the people who wear Supreme don't even skate.... I know I don't

You can pretty much use that logic on any name brand out. A good majority of people that are into nike running shoes don't even run. Got people in love with Jordan's that don't play a lick of basketball or might I even say who MJ is to basketball etc....Me personally, I skated as a kid but now as an adult in his 30s I could give a damn about skateboarding much less care about this video dropping. I just like nice clothes and Supreme tends to make nice clothes.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

You can pretty much use that logic on any name brand out. A good majority of people that are into nike running shoes don't even run. Got people in love with Jordan's that don't play a lick of basketball or might I even say who MJ is to basketball etc....Me personally, I skated as a kid but now as an adult in his 30s I could give a damn about skateboarding much less care about this video dropping. I just like nice clothes and Supreme tends to make nice clothes.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-
And? Whats your point if your agreeing with my point?

It's all for the culture of skateboarding. Regardless if you kick-push or not, that shouldn't be the deciding factor of copping the DVD. I'm sure it'll impact some kid into picking up a board.

In between releases are always comedy in this thread.

So if you wear jordans and never saw this man play, should you be considered a poser???
If you never heard a Run DMC record should you not wear Stan Smiths or Shell toes???
It's the same tired argument, if you never skated but enjoy and appreciate the culture, what's the problem. JJ never skated, let me REPEAT, JJ, the owner and creator never skated ,so by that logic he is the biggest poser there is...
All of this is to say, I have never skated but I thoroughly enjoy the culture and I love seeing trick videos and will cop off that alone. I'll keep being a poser I guess..
Lol
Lets keep helping each other, take the bull-**** to that polluted Hypebeast thread if you feel like rustling jimmies...
Lol

Yall are missing the point. Nothing wrong with picking up the clothes or the DVD. Clothes are clothes. But the DVD is a skate video. Whats the point spending money on something youve never watched or done in your life

And people(in general) are missing the point, if you never hooped or even know the actually teams in any NBA Final but you rock Jordans, Kobes or any other shoe then why purchase these things...
It's the most superfluous, mundane argument you can make..
Once again the creator of this so called brand never, ever picked a board up but he ENJOYED the culture and wanted to give skaters and outlet....
Even the older designs of Supreme are more ode to youth rebellion and the grit of NY at the time of the late 80s'-early 90s'..
These arguments never get anywhere and extremes always happen...
Smh...
But I'll bow out gracefully as a "poser"...
As you were...

Last edited:

Yall are missing the point. Nothing wrong with picking up the clothes or the DVD. Clothes are clothes. But the DVD is a skate video. Whats the point spending money on something youve never watched or done in your life
To learn about it? Maybe this will be some kids first time buying a skate video, and he will learn about these dudes and want to skate more himself. Stop being so negative, we don't need that in here.

And wear what you want and watch what you want. I don't see the ties to skateboarding and say boxing gloves or a skate brand collabing with everlast. Now if you don't skate and don't intend on skating I might call u a poser if you buy a supreme skateboard to hang on your wall but it doesn't matter. One persons approval to the choices you make with the money you spend or the clothes you wear are irrelevant. Do whatever makes you happy. Especially if that's pissing other people off. Supreme is about expression. Expressing your self by wearing something that until recently nobody else would touch. This brand has become the "go to" in the realm of street wear. So skater or non skater b-boy or brand ***** it doesn't really matter

When did I ever say that you need to skate to rock supreme.

My point is that people will resell and hype the video up without any skate experience

JJ never skated, let me REPEAT, JJ, the owner and creator never skated ,so by that logic he is the biggest poser there is...
Do you think you're saying something new? This is every non-skaters go-to argument when this stuff comes up..

Jebbia never intended for Supreme to be a clothing company. His words, not mine. In the early 90s, he was working with Shawn Stussy, and saw he was cashing out. Unsure what the future held, he took some of the skaters he worked with, and started a skate shop in Soho, figuring he could turn a profit while providing a home to keep the core NYC skate culture alive. Jebbia used a culture he was tangentially part of to start a business. He said in the Supreme book interview with KAWS that he felt very uncomfortable even being in the shop when he first opened it because it had such a hardcore skate vibe. He ran the business side of things, and let the skaters run the shop. He later realized these skaters actually had demand for nice clothing, because most skate brands put out horrible clothing. He used the industry connections he made while working at Union and Stussy to start producing shop tees, hats, sweatshirts, pants, etc.

By that logic, Jebbia isn't a poser, he's a business man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom