Official Supreme Thread FW20 Done. Sale? Perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brah don't conflate bids and induce false price inflation. That's why StockX is in the problem it's in now. This is why I don't take market value seriously from StockX.
probably wont be the highest bidder on anything right now. I never trust stockX's "sold" prices completely though. They vary too much sometimes

Pink jacket is amazing but wouldn’t get enough wears out of it .... in for the tan if it’s a decent price

probably wont be the highest bidder on anything right now. I never trust stockX's "sold" prices completely though. They vary too much sometimes

Best thing to do is extract prices sold within the last 6-8 months and calculate average price sold, then take a look at the price volatility and then subtract delta by 10% to get terminal value over 1 year period (if applicable). I've gotten a lot of "steals" from StockX this way. Obviously, the new fee's and added taxes shrinks value margin significantly.

Scary thing is, this kind of sets a barometer for how StockX is doing as a company overall. They're pretty much overreaching within their level of "expertise" and diversifying their services, such as luxury items, watches and now trading cards :lol: Doesn't really surprise me one bit to see all the fakes passing authentication. They've oversaturated themselves. Great idea though, from the jump. It def. could've been executed better.

I got an email last night (2am EST) from StockX notifying me my FW18 Duffle bag just passed authentication. I get we're in the middle of a global pandemic, but if these guys are short-staffed already, imagine all the work they have backed up? Yeah, some fakes are def. going to slip through.

Best thing to do is extract prices sold within the last 6-8 months and calculate average price sold, then take a look at the price volatility and then subtract delta by 10% to get terminal value over 1 year period (if applicable). I've gotten a lot of "steals" from StockX this way. Obviously, the new fee's and added taxes shrinks value margin significantly.

giphy.gif

I could write it out for you guys. But it won't help much. All it takes is one "rich" person or a celebrity with new money to BIN price and that'll throw everything off. I wish StockX would show when things were bought for BIN price and how much. That would really give you a better idea of true value for an item.
They got that graph with the prices and dates that it sold, is that good?

I could write it out for you guys. But it won't help much. All it takes is one "rich" person or a celebrity with new money to BIN price and that'll throw everything off. I wish StockX would show when things were bought for BIN price and how much. That would really give you a better idea of true value for an item.

No thanks pal. :lol: I've never bought anything off StockX and don't plan to. Just thought it was hilarious you're doing these calculations for some Supreme stuff.

They got that graph with the prices and dates that it sold, is that good?

Historical pricing is good to calculate average sale price within specified period of time. I'd just subtract 7.5-10% to account for BIN prices, and then look at the bids and see how close or far apart they are. Also, important to consider how many people are bidding for certain amounts. More of the bids you see for certain price, more likely you'll get close to what the true value is.

Now wouldn't be a good time to test this out. Spending has been induced because of recent stimulus offerings from our gov't. But you get the idea

No Gor-Tex or Cordura? If that jacket is more than $300, we're getting ripped off
Water resistant nylon and its SS season. Goretex and cordura are good for FW. Goretex is also good for SS, so it doesn't appear on this cargo TNF. I'm thinking with Supreme branding this would retail $3-$400. Not worth it for regular consumers, but its Supreme x TNF :lol:.

Smh congrats on your career success but you the reason the brand is trash now huh. I still love yiu

No, I'm not the reason! :lol:

Blame Carlyle. I remember being in the meetings back in 2017 with my team and explaining to them why a $158 hoodie resales for $1500. It was a bunch of middle aged men in their 40's-60's looking at me like i'm crazy. They asked me if I owned anything Supreme, and the next day I brought in my Bogo. They checked it out and LAUGHED so hard.

I guess they were laughing at all of us indirectly at all of us

I've been annoyed when I have something for sale and they shows prices of recent sales for the same item in the same size for well above my asking price

I know they say they pull prices from other selling platforms...

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom