• Don’t worry about me

Votes: 41 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For fam to say where he’s from. :nerd:

AE42F3FD-2235-4B2E-AD31-951F31FCF6EF.png

I live in SF. My issue is that it's culturally and aesthetically boring and not diverse compared to NYC.

I live in SF too and it's as diverse as NYC, only smaller in size (lived in NYC for 6yrs).
The weak point of SF is a weak art scene and Museums....but the weather...

I live in SF too and it's as diverse as NYC, only smaller in size (lived in NYC for 6yrs).
The weak point of SF is a weak art scene and Museums....but the weather...
Lived in Vallejo all my life and went and still go to SF about every weekend. Wife works in the city on Embarcadero. We go to NY 3-5 times a year for her job. NY>. Yes the weather, but that excuse only holds up for so long. Culturally the city doesn't hold a candle to NY. Plus these techies washing the cultural that is left. They like bland *** tacos from tacoliicious in the "marina" :lol::smh:

Lived in Vallejo all my life and went and still go to SF about every weekend. Wife works in the city on Embarcadero. We go to NY 3-5 times a year for her job. NY>. Yes the weather, but that excuse only holds up for so long. Culturally the city doesn't hold a candle to NY. Plus these techies washing the cultural that is left. They like bland *** tacos from tacoliicious in the "marina" :lol::smh:

Just replace "techies" with iBankers and it's the same...only SF is way smaller in size. Soho in the 70's thru 90's was a sh*thole. Starving artists, squatters, and druggies lived there...now they have Bubba Gumps (sarc). Central Park is where you go at night to die back in the day...Guiliani passed a law to allow & urge dog owners to walk off leash to help prevent crime. Now, you can play bocce ball w/ a Shack burger.

the weather only holds up so long...? have you had to take that subway daily through 90 degree heat and humidity? or the random summer down pours? or the the freezing cold and snow in the winters? you have to really live there instead of visiting a couple times a year. not saying NYC is terrible, I have family and friends that will never leave, but too many people have this fairy tale movie ideal of what NYC is. at the end of the day it's all opinions and what you're willing to tolerate.

Anyone have a chance to try on the water shorts? Purchased a sz S, but typically am a 31-32 waist in pants, but a 30 in board shorts. Want to make sure I got the right size.

Anyone have a chance to try on the water shorts? Purchased a sz S, but typically am a 31-32 waist in pants, but a 30 in board shorts. Want to make sure I got the right size.

I haven't gotten my XLs yet, but I'm thinking you should be OK. I'd presume you usually wear a belt with your pants, right? But your board shorts fit OK with just the tie? The good thing about the water shorts is they have an elastic waist and tie, and the 30" size for the small is "relaxed", so you can guess there will be a good 1"+ of give either way, either thru elasticity or tie-down.

the weather only holds up so long...? have you had to take that subway daily through 90 degree heat and humidity? or the random summer down pours? or the the freezing cold and snow in the winters? you have to really live there instead of visiting a couple times a year. not saying NYC is terrible, I have family and friends that will never leave, but too many people have this fairy tale movie ideal of what NYC is. at the end of the day it's all opinions and what you're willing to tolerate.
Yes to all of those situations. But again its all subjective on what is preferred. Still think >. Also I don't know about the 70s or 80s, just the now. Dont get me wrong love the Bay. But people here put it on a pedestal. maybe im just bein a hater :lol:

Edit: naw more I think about it Bay>:smile:

I haven't gotten my XLs yet, but I'm thinking you should be OK. I'd presume you usually wear a belt with your pants, right? But your board shorts fit OK with just the tie? The good thing about the water shorts is they have an elastic waist and tie, and the 30" size for the small is "relaxed", so you can guess there will be a good 1"+ of give either way, either thru elasticity or tie-down.

This is what i'm hoping. Nothing bothers me more than board shorts/swim trunks that don't stay up in the ocean/ pool.

You should be good - I have a few pairs of Water Shorts (size small) I typically wear a 30 in pants and these have some give but have tie and elastic waist so never slip in the water.

Got shipping confirm for Spectrums but it can’t be located yet. Most likely cause they haven’t left the UPS facility yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom