OFFICIAL Syracuse Orange Thread: 19-13; NIT-bound

Quote:
your forgot to post the NIT schedule for march.
:rofl:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Team Pizziaolo
- RED SOX FOR LIFE -

For Real

yall are gona be seein a lot of that 2-3 zone this year

HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Quote:
If he did,

that's what broke the backboard.
allen3xis
TEAM SYRACUSE ORANGE​
O7-08 Big East Champs​
TeamWolfShirts
"my d*ck grew 2 inches with this bad boy."

PSN ID: jhawkcuse

Taken from suathletics.com:

Quote:
LOS ANGELES Syracuse junior guard Eric Devendorf is among the top 50 preseason candidates for the Mens 2007-08 John R. Wooden Award, the nations most coveted college basketball award, announced October 24 by The Los Angeles Athletic Clubs Wooden Award Committee. The Award is named for the three-time college basketball All American, 1932 Player of the Year and ten-time national championship coach at UCLA.

The committee had a tough time deciding on just 50 candidates, with so many returning talented players across the country, said Duke Llewellyn, Wooden Award chairman. Some teams even had several worthy candidates. Our team at the John R. Wooden Award is excited to see the best players in the nation compete against each other all season, as they vie to be named college basketballs player of the year.

Devendorf is the top returning scorer and most experienced player on this year's Syracuse edition. He earned on a spot on the BIG EAST Conference's Preseason All-League team, announced October 24 in New York. He averaged 14.8 points per game and a squad-best 4.1 assists per outing as a sophomore with the Orange.

Two returning Wooden All-Americans made the list, center Tyler Hansbrough of North Carolina and Kansas guard Brandon Rush. Five schools had two players on the list: UCLA (Darren Collison, Josh Shipp), North Carolina (Hansbrough, Ty Lawson), Kansas (Mario Chalmers, Rush), Washington State (Derrick Low, Kyle Weaver), Georgetown (Roy Hibbert, Johnathan Wallace). More than 100 players received at least one vote.

The list is composed of 50 student athletes who, based on last years individual performance and team records, are the early frontrunners for college basketballs most coveted trophy. These top 50 candidates are comprised of returning players. Transfers, freshmen, and medical redshirts are not eligible for this preseason list, but will be evaluated and considered for both the Midseason Top 30 list and the National Ballot. Players not on the preseason list are eligible for the midseason top 30 and ballot. Last year, Kevin Durant of the University of Texas was the first freshman to win the Wooden Award.

A total of 16 NCAA conferences are represented. The Pac-10 leads the way with 10 Wooden Award All American team candidates. Other conferences include the Big East (eight players), the ACC (seven players), the Big 12 (six players), the SEC (five players), the Big Ten (two players), the Sun Belt (two players), Western Athletic (two players), Conference USA (one player), Southern Conference (one player), the Sun Belt (one player), the Horizon League (one player), the Colonial Athletic Association (one player), the Big South (one player), West Coast (one player) and the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (one player).

In January, the Wooden Award committee will release the Midseason Top 30 list, followed by the distribution of the National Ballot to more than 1,000 voters in early March. The 10-player Wooden Award All-American Team will be announced the Tuesday after the Elite Eight round of the NCAA Tournament is completed.

The 2008 Award ceremony, which will include the presentation of the Mens and Womens John R. Wooden Award, the Wooden Award All-American Teams, and the Legends of Coaching Award to recipient Pat Summitt of the University of Tennessee, will be held at The Los Angeles Athletic Club the weekend of April 11-13, 2008. The top five male and female finalists will be invited to Los Angeles for the Awards ceremony and will receive a contribution from The Los Angeles Athletic Club for their universitys general scholarship fund. One of these five players will be named the John R. Wooden Award Player of the Year at a live televised announcement from The Club where he is awarded the prestigious five-figured bronze trophy.

All-American Team Top 50 Candidates
(Based on a preseason poll. Players listed alphabetically.)

Jeff Adrien 6-7 F Jr. Connecticut
Ryan Anderson 6-10 F So. California
D.J. Augustin 6-10 G So. Texas
Patrick Beverley 6-1 G So. Arkansas
Jon Brockman 6-7 F Jr. Washington
Chase Budinger 6-7 F So. Arizona
Jaycee Carroll 6-2 G Sr. Utah State
Mario Chalmers 6-1 G Jr. Kansas
Darren Collison 6-1 G Jr. UCLA
Brandon Costner 6-9 F So. NC State
Stephen Curry 6-0 G So. Davidson
Eric Devendorf 6-4 G Jr. Syracuse
Chris Douglas-Roberts 6-6 G Jr. Memphis
Randal Falkner 6-7 F Sr. Southern Illinois
Shan Foster 6-6 G/F Sr. Vanderbilt
Taj Gibson 6-9 F So USC
James Gist 6-8 F Sr. Maryland
Jamont Gordon 6-4 G/F Jr. Mississippi State
Kentrell Gransberry 6-9 C Sr. So. Florida
A.J. Graves 6-1 G Sr. Butler
Malik Hairston 6-6 G Jr Oregon
Tyler Hansbrough* 6-9 F Jr. North Carolina
Richard Hendrix 6-8 F Jr. Alabama
Roy Hibbert 7-2 C Sr. Georgetown
Dominic James 5-11 G Jr. Marquette
Joseph Jones 6-9 F/C Sr. Texas A&M
Marcelus Kemp 6-5 G Sr. Nevada
Ty Lawson 5-11 G So. North Carolina
Courtney Lee 6-5 G/F Sr. Western Kentucky
Chris Lofton 6-2 G Sr. Tennessee
Derrick Low 6-2 G Sr. Washington State
Aleks Maric 6-11 C Sr. Nebraska
Eric Maynor 6-2 G Jr. VCU
Bo McCalebb 6-0 G Sr. New Orleans
Drew Neitzel 6-0 G Sr. Michigan State
DeMarcus Nelson 6-4 G Sr. Duke
Jeremy Pargo 6-2 G Jr. Gonzaga
Jeff Pendergraph 6-9 F Jr. Arizona State
Scottie Reynolds 6-2 G So. Villanova
Tyrese Rice 6-1 G Jr. Boston College
Brandon Rush* 6-6 G Jr. Kansas
Josh Shipp 6-5 F Jr. UCLA
Sean Singletary 6-0 G Sr. Virginia
Jason Thompson 6-11 F Sr. Rider
Johnathan Wallace 6-1 G Sr. Georgetown
Kyle Weaver 6-6 G Sr. Washington State
D.J. White 6-9 F Sr. Indiana
Reggie Williams 6-5 F Sr. VMI
Terrence Williams 6-6 F Jr. Louisville
Martin Zeno 6-5 G Sr. Texas Tech
TEAM SYRACUSE ORANGE​
O7-08 Big East Champs​
TeamWolfShirts

Devendorf is too wild.
Son needs to chill out at certain points of the game.
looking to trade ds white/navy lebron 4's
for something decent. holla.​

Quote:
DeMarcus Nelson 6-4 G Sr. Duke
:pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
TEAMYANKEES
TEAM SEMINOLES
antone smith , greg carr , preston parker ,andre fluellen ,tony carter,letroy guion , everette brown , paul griffin , geno hayes , myron rolle , marcus ball​

Devendorf seems to have self control issues. He's too much of a hot head to not channel that energy to the court.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

"Devendorf seems to have self control issues. He's too much of a hot head to not channel that energy to the court."

I've heard this from many students. He allegedly pulled out a gun at AEPi after they refused to admit him to a private party. Nothing ever came up from this incident.
TEAM SYRACUSE ORANGE​
O7-08 Big East Champs​
TeamWolfShirts

Mario Chalmers is 6-5 that list has him at 6-1 and Defendorf at 6-4... there is no @#%$ way eric is taller than him :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
If he did,

that's what broke the backboard.

:lol:
laugh.gif
Paul was in my gym working on that J before I moved and was wondering how it was coming along... thats really his only weakness. He locks up, He hits the boards heavy, He can put it on the floor, He can pass, Just can't shoot :\
ohwell.gif
This Is The Part...
When People Start Screamin!

Somebody school me on what the deal was with Tiki Mayben...i hear he didn't score well enough on the SATs to get into cuse? but he left Umass now too.. .what's his story?
You must be the change you want to see in the world​

Quote:
he should be on academic probation.
laugh.gif
:\
ohwell.gif

Quote:
Tiki Mayben...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
HOYAS
"I told you last year that if I die and I can't go to heaven, then they can take my body back to Georgetown. Well, I'm here to tell you that I ain't dead yet."

Mccroskey was also a nutcase. Boeheim kicked dude off the team for various things he would do during practice or whatever. That was my dude too :rolleyes
eyes.gif
. Anyone remember when he banged it on Hilton Armstrong and then stood on top of him like Hilton was his son :lol:
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

As far as the Rautins injury...

Dorf shoots the 3ball, Flynn shoots the 3ball and even Greene shoots the 3ball. Sure the loss hurts, but we have other guys who can shoot from outside.

Yeah Tiki Mayben is a mess. He is academic nightmare. Just like Edelin. SMH

The whole Devendorf thing is funny. He is a total punk, but if you have ever been to a cuse game, then you know how much he gets the crowd jacked up. I like him a lot, i know he has baggage but he gives our team some attitude. Josh Wright is a mess. Turns it over way to much and goes to fast for himself.

J-Flynn will have the job asap. I have heard recently that Donta' Greene isn't into to much contact or rebounding.

:rolleyes
eyes.gif
:rolleyes
eyes.gif

I hope they really play better this year, but a lot depends on how Paul Harris plays i think and how the freshman step it up.

I got my season tickets though :pimp:
pimp.gif

Team Cowboys
5-1.

Quote:
Josh Wright is a mess. Turns it over way to much and goes to fast for himself.
laugh.gif

Quote:
The whole Devendorf thing is funny. He is a total punk
laugh.gif
. If dude was black and did what he did, nobody would think anything of it. He's from the hood, what do you want?

Quote:
I have heard recently that Donta' Greene isn't into to much contact or rebounding

He want's to be a SG or even a PG for that matter. Boeheim will set him straight and make him bang down low more then he would want to.

^ I hope about Donta'.

Devendorf, i know he is good at getting under peoples skin.
Team Cowboys
5-1.

Other than duke i'll b checking for the cuse this yr..

Harris is a BEAST.. Just gotta work on that J

Devendorf :pimp:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

HeNz $
My$pace

petey, you know how I feel about Dorf. :lol:
laugh.gif

I think he might end up getting housed for his spot this year. :lol:
laugh.gif
it this year, but it's all good that you took the initiative.

Can't believe I didn't see this until today. :smh:
smh.gif

Out

Shuges he's our MVP this season, u gotta get wit him nh.

I see it..

Dorf- 17 ppg
Harris- 13 ppg
Greene- 12 ppg
Flynn-8 ppg
Onuaku- 8 ppg
Jackson- 7 ppg
Jardine- 6 ppg
Wright- 4 ppg

I'm kinda opposed to any team having it's own thread. I personally wouldn't have made a Cuse thread if Jrell didn't(of course I knew he would. My dude making threads for Cuse football games :lol:
laugh.gif
.) If we get our own thread then it's like what? Every top 25 team deserves a thread?

At the same time, if them bumass Hoyas get a thread, i suppose we should also considering they can never beat us but ehhh, I'm more for just big game threads. Plus, theres not THAT many cuse fans on this board. It's gonna be a post consisting of like 5 of us all year.....but whatever i guess.....

Back
Top Bottom