***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

yeah Nikko sessions are hella long

expect upwards of 10+ hours
If he can do a black/grey portrait for me at $220/ hr at 10 hours I’ll book it now.

Also, I heard artists charge a lot more when they’re doing guest spots and not at their home shops. Do you guys know any truth in that?

If he can do a black/grey portrait for me at $220/ hr at 10 hours I’ll book it now.

Also, I heard artists charge a lot more when they’re doing guest spots and not at their home shops. Do you guys know any truth in that?
They typically follow the rules of the guest shop.

I wanted to book an appointment with Dotyk this month when he was doing his visit with Bang Bang and he was like “Yeah they’re making me charge the shop minimum of $500/hr”

They typically follow the rules of the guest shop.

I wanted to book an appointment with Dotyk this month when he was doing his visit with Bang Bang and he was like “Yeah they’re making me charge the shop minimum of $500/hr”
That’s crazy. I didn’t think they forced guest artists to charge that much.
I can’t hate on the dude bang bang though with the money moves he’s made

I wonder if it’ll be cheaper to travel to Dotyk home shop and just make a trip out of it

I was doing the math on some international tattoo artists. I saw some rates for some shops in Spain and it was like $100 euros an hour or full day session for $600 euros which almost seems like a steal imo. I assume a full day is up to 6-8 hours of work which makes their hourly rates way cheaper than stuff in SF anyways. Or course when you factor in fights and such for people in the states to fly out, it doesn't seem worth it but if you went on a trip anyways to Europe, a tattoo there almost seems like a steal.

This was the shops I was looking at in Barcelona: https://meatshoptattoo.com

I think that’s what I’m going to do. Check to see how much an artist I’m down to work with’s Home rate is and if it’s a steal make a trip out of it.

I’d say it’s almost always worth it to make a trip out of seeing an artist/shop you like

2019 hasn’t been too kind to me (getting out of a 2 year relationship, my mother getting into a bad accident) so as the dust started to settle, I needed a mini vacation. Jay Shin has a random wednesday open within a week so I took off work, took the train to NYC. Ate breakfast there, visited Supreme, went to Bang Bang to my appointment, went to Other Half in Brooklyn and took the train home.

One of the best experiences I’ve done and would highly recommend traveling to see an artist

Some of these prices :sick: I’m glad I’m not in it that deep :lol: I pay 150/hr with my guys and would prob never pay more than 2 :lol:

[
Screenshot_20190516-174701_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190516-174939_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190516-175041_Instagram.jpg

Some of mine. Got the heart done today

^^^^Nice. I dig the middle and last one.

The artist you picked is nice. Her portait stuff is really good in that style. How much was it?

^^^^Nice. I dig the middle and last one.

The artist you picked is nice. Her portait stuff is really good in that style. How much was it?

Her rate is or was 300 per HR, but I got grandfathered in because I got work by her before she blew up so she hooked me up, took her 7 hrs on that piece, very humble and skilled at her craft. This was my first done by her and is was around $400 at that time.

Screenshot_20190516-191405_Instagram.jpg

I was doing the math on some international tattoo artists. I saw some rates for some shops in Spain and it was like $100 euros an hour or full day session for $600 euros which almost seems like a steal imo. I assume a full day is up to 6-8 hours of work which makes their hourly rates way cheaper than stuff in SF anyways. Or course when you factor in fights and such for people in the states to fly out, it doesn't seem worth it but if you went on a trip anyways to Europe, a tattoo there almost seems like a steal.

This was the shops I was looking at in Barcelona: https://meatshoptattoo.com

#facts

my wife and I got tatted recently in London and in Iceland, compared to the USA we felt like we were robbing them.

Her rate is or was 300 per HR, but I got grandfathered in because I got work by her before she blew up so she hooked me up, took her 7 hrs on that piece, very humble and skilled at her craft. This was my first done by her and is was around $400 at that time.

Screenshot_20190516-191405_Instagram.jpg
Wow. 7 hours seems long but honestly I just wouldn’t know the time length for something like that. I would have thought it was like a $1k for the portrait tattoo with like 3 hours work. Guess I was wrong. I am going to be in New York in June too. Was even going to inquire on getting a tattoo but I don’t think I have that much time to kill.

Wow. 7 hours seems long but honestly I just wouldn’t know the time length for something like that. I would have thought it was like a $1k for the portrait tattoo with like 3 hours work. Guess I was wrong. I am going to be in New York in June too. Was even going to inquire on getting a tattoo but I don’t think I have that much time to kill.

Lately she has been posting the times some of her portraits took her so something simple not to complex can be done under 3hrs like that baby picture you posted. I would definitely look into it if you have the time and opportunity. My right arm I'm leaving it for work just done by her, so whenever she does guest spots down in S. FL or I go up to NYC I'll try to get some work done by her.

Back
Top Bottom