***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I got 2 full sleeves been working in corporate since I graduated college 16 years now.

Just started a new job in Sept & no one blinks an eye.

^^^^^I think it depends on what kind of look you are looking for. Leg sleeves definitely have a different look than an arm sleeve. Also do you want to be the guy that has tats and shows it or do you want to be that guy that has tats but never shows it. Depending on where you live, your leg tat will never really see the light of day where as an arm/forearm tattoo will show all the time.

I got 2 full sleeves been working in corporate since I graduated college 16 years now.

Just started a new job in Sept & no one blinks an eye.

Are you showing your tats out during work or are you saying you have sleeves but hide it during work?

White collar. IT field

IT job is different than say a sales job where you are market facing talking to clients or what not. I would say you are the exception and not the rule. For the most part, tattoos and especially sleeves are still taboo in white field but as long as you don't get face, neck and hand tats, you can hide all of that.

I work form small biotech r&d (35 employees) and they are cool with my tattoos. I am 35 and even a lot of older folks there have tattoos that they show. We have a real laidback environment though so I don’t mind showing them, however, I would never get any that I could not cover easily with a long sleeve shirt or pants. Most people at work like my tattoos but there are a few snobs that won’t say anything but give you that side eye. :lol:

^^^^^I think it depends on what kind of look you are looking for. Leg sleeves definitely have a different look than an arm sleeve. Also do you want to be the guy that has tats and shows it or do you want to be that guy that has tats but never shows it. Depending on where you live, your leg tat will never really see the light of day where as an arm/forearm tattoo will show all the time.

Are you showing your tats out during work or are you saying you have sleeves but hide it during work?

Los Angeles, I wear shorts everyday; one of the perks of being in education.

Im burned out though so I'm applying for office jobs within education and not sure if full sleeves are going to be an issue. As a teacher, it's not an issue but if I get a job downtown district where there is a dress code...Im not sure

I'm extensively tattooed (nothing on visible areas like neck / hands or my belly but I've got stuff everywhere else) and have worked in the finance industry for over ten years. I keep them covered up at work; if people see a portion of my sleeves peeking out and ask about them I'll always answer, but I never advertise them or try to draw attention to them otherwise.

Folks in the corporate world are a lot more open-minded these days but that still has a limit: if you've got one or two tattoos nobody blinks, but if you've got sleeves or a full backpiece that starts to raise some eyebrows. You also have to remember that for the most part, the people in the leadership positions tend to be more old-fashioned / sticklers about that sort of thing...

Yep, waiting for all the old fashioned folks to retire and ****. I’m at a Big 3 Health Insurer and I know in the finance dept. you better not be showing tats. Pretty much business attire everyday, except for some fridays are jean days. I couldn’t work in that environment, even without a tat.

Yep, waiting for all the old fashioned folks to retire and ****. I’m at a Big 3 Health Insurer and I know in the finance dept. you better not be showing tats. Pretty much business attire everyday, except for some fridays are jean days. I couldn’t work in that environment, even without a tat.
What sucks is that with a lot of those companies, the old fashioned mentality gets passed down to the next higher ups

It's not even just old fashion folks. There are some people in conservative areas that just don't get tattoo culture. I think for cooperate Ameraica, they just don't want to be misrepresented, even if it is an image thing like employees having tattoos. That is why there is a dress code and even ways to talk in corporate America. I just don't think these things are fading away fast but they are getting more acceptable as long as you tread that fine line. No one said you can't get tattooed. You just have to hide them for the most part.

782A7092-064A-4832-B742-7AA540FFE19B.jpeg

Thinking about getting this done on my tricep as my first tattoo.

1. Thoughts?
2. How hard do you think this is to do?
3. Any recommendations in the DMV area?
4. Any thing I need to know I’m advance? Tips? Lol

Any help appreciated!

1. Thoughts?

Any help appreciated!

one of the artist i go to did something kinda similar so def doable (assuming you mean the figure/outline if you want the black on white look now that idk lol)

I just hate hearing the same ol' responses. "Aren't you afraid of what your skin is going to look like when you get older?" I think old skin is just old skin. Ain't no one trying to see me naked when I am old with ink or no ink.

bingo. when my nuts are saggin and damn near non functional, i couldnt give a **** less about how wrinkled my tattoo'd skin will be.

Under forearm is healing completely different than the top did two months ago. Literally night and day difference. There was no soreness, blood or plasma the days after.

yeah the film is great IMO. finishing up my leg next thursday, cant wait until its done. :lol:

1. Thoughts?

Any help appreciated!

I've seen a few of these styles and its relatively easy to do.

The only thing I would consider is that the lines will eventually blend into one another with the whole 3D aesthetic over time or even during the healing process if the artist isn't top notch with their linework. I would recommend getting one set of lines one distinct color and the other lines another distinct color(red,blue with maybe an outline) instead of straight black if you want to avoid the blending.

Also consider another location if you defined triceps because the shape may get lost in the definition of the muscle. Also consider another location if your triceps are small because the limbs on either side would be missed as well. I would recommend the piece being centralized between the bicep and tricep(or the meatest part of your arm) if you really like it like that.

For my People of color that have color besides Red

Is the product Hustle Butter any good for people of brown complexion ?

I used the traditional A&D on my stomach tats
But I'm doing a bigger piece on my arm and with sun damage and all that elements
I seen the lighter complexion people use this product and their pieces continue to shine and look fresh

Back
Top Bottom