Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

filed last weds.

i got my state two days ago but i havent received my federal . smh i want my federal already. 

Last edited:
To those of you that filed - Did you have to take in paperwork showing you've had medical insurance all year?

To those of you that filed - Did you have to take in paperwork showing you've had medical insurance all year?
Naw be, if you filing via tax turbo they ask big you had medical insurance through your employer and if it was too expensive, then they ask how long have you had medical insurance and you pick all the months and the fee should be waived

I didn't. Didn't use any tax software either. My refund has already been deposited with no issue.

Anyone else receive a delay message on where's my refund? It showed the refund was sent on Friday, now delayed. I think they got me again this year. If so, at least my student loan is paid off. Though, I thought it was when they took it last year.

Anyone else receive a delay message on where's my refund? It showed the refund was sent on Friday, now delayed. I think they got me again this year. If so, at least my student loan is paid off. Though, I thought it was when they took it last year.

Praying they dont get me this year :smh:

I got my W2

I received stipents 4 times in 2015 for $450 each time.

I also have my union dues that I paid.

Which Turbo tax am I supposed to use?

Ouch that's rough gotta be a slap in the face. No alert or anything? Were you behind on payments?
only "alert" you get is a lil asterik at the bottom of the where's my refund page saying that it's possible, that's it. It would have been great if they flat out stated after they reviewed it that it was def not coming to my account but nah.

If by "behind" you mean "not paying" than yes
Both of ya'll gon' learn today.  The federal government WILL get their money.  Been there, done that with the hoping they don't notice that you owe the feds.  It never works, bros.  Until you're paid up, you won't be getting a refund at all.  I went refund-less for 6 years so I know the pain.  Look at it like this though--you're probably paying off your debt quicker than if you were just making monthly payments because huge chunks are being taken out of it every year.

And when you do finally get a refund again?!  Feels so damn good man. 
nthat.gif
  I cooked for 4.5k this year.....should be in my account soon.  

Actually I found out today the return is being held due to identity theft. Anybody know how this process works or how long it will take?

Actually I found out today the return is being held due to identity theft. Anybody know how this process works or how long it will take?
i cant remember exactly the process but it takes about 4-6 weeks and comes in check form...the next year or couple of years you will have to get and use a pin when filing

i cant remember exactly the process but it takes about 4-6 weeks and comes in check form...the next year or couple of years you will have to get and use a pin when filing
Over the summer my wife tried to put in an alert for fraud for her and our kids but had a very hard time. Any info on the best way to do this. :smh: man, now I have to get credit reports for a 10 year old and two 7 year olds. I'm pissed right now.

Over the summer my wife tried to put in an alert for fraud for her and our kids but had a very hard time. Any info on the best way to do this.
mean.gif
man, now I have to get credit reports for a 10 year old and two 7 year olds. I'm pissed right now.
my wife had hers held up a few years ago and she had to pretty much confirm her identity at the irs along with her soc sec card and they put it in the system that her identity had to be verified via pin for the next couple years....still took them roughly 6 weeks to get paid.....it was truly a hassle, i completely understand

Back
Top Bottom