Official Tax Season Thread? vol Splash Out m8

Might file with h and r block this year since I saw an ad that says they don't charge for itemizing deductions. I donated my junk car so im tryna see that deduction lol

Quick question do I need the actual form from kars 4 kids or is that only if I'm audited. The link they sent me doesn't work (unless kars 4 kids is a scam :nerd: )

not gonna sniff a penny of our returns. my son is applying for kindergartens right now. hoping to save enough for tuition.

completely depends on your situation. kids, married, job, IRAs, school, own your own business..... wayyyyy too many variables

Going to input my data tomorrow after work. Just waiting on my W2 from the part time.

giphy.gif
ScaredKlutzyAmericanbittern-size_restricted.gif

Just filed through Turbo Tax. Hoping everything is accepted and the process is quick.

Could a person file if all w-2’s havent arrived yet. Personal contractor a lot this year.. im awaiting 5 joints. Only recieved 3 !!

Haven’t received my W2’s yet smh. We just switched to a new payroll company last summer and so far they’ve messed a lot of things up.

But with my return I’m gonna buy new tires for the whip, throw some of it at debt, and maybe get that TCL 4K TV I’ve been eyeing. Oh and of course needa cop the Tax season 3’s :pimp:

Only :pimp::pimp: thing about Texas is No State Income Taxes.

Filed my Federal, and getting back 2K. I don't mind giving the GOV'T free loan during the year. It's always nice to get something back at the end of the year for me.

Gonna throw it towards IRA account.

May seem like common sense but thought I'd throw this out there

I have a buddy I helped with his taxes. For a couple years now there is the retirement savings credit that has been great. Most don't apply since it's sort of a lower to mid class credit. But basically I helped him put $2k into his 401k and he's now getting a retirement savings credit valued at half of his contribution. That can then be applied to his tax liability amount , and credited back to him as a refund.

Since he made so little (part time job) and put a decent amount away, the government is giving him like $600.

So looking at it from an investment stand point , his $2k already netted him at least $500 in free credit.

He's saving and getting a credit. It's sad that some many use their larger refunds (setting withholding allowances to zero ) as a savings, when they could be doing both.

Personally I took what they could be taking out if I had allowances at zero and put it into my 401k. Now my taxable income is lowered and I am liable for much less. If you are saving the money anyway, why wouldn't people want to lower their taxable income?

Most middle class married people with kids should have almost zero dollars withheld, when it comes down to deductions, some are always getting back at least $2000. That could easily cover your tax liability for the year.

Back
Top Bottom