Official Tennessee Titans season Thread (week 17 vs The Texans) ........8-7 Playoffs?

Originally Posted by moundraised23

laugh.gif
 its our only shot.........
eyes.gif

And ya'll are seizing that opportunity
pimp.gif

23ska909red02:
I can't help but be a little worried that we'll play the Colts a little too lax, after appearing to be focused against one of the league's best. Maybe I'm just worried about that because I've seen it so many times with the Lakers.
laugh.gif
Play a top team well and then, win or lose, the next game will be against a cellar dweller who gives us an L.
embarassed.gif

*Kanye shrug*

Disgusting loss but thanks to a little help we still have hope since the jets, Raiders and Broncos all lost.......we just gotta pray that the giants beat the jets and the ravens beat the bengals week 17.....

I was yelling at the TV for them to put Locker in, not that im blaiming the loss on Matt but Locker puts up points and that what we need....Matt plays to shy sometimes

So next week cincy is in the lead for the last playoff spot but they play a ravens team gunning for homefield, and we play a Texans team that hopefully rest there starters......so if we win and they lose are we in? The raiders, broncos, jets all have the same record as us too

Originally Posted by TennHouse2

So next week cincy is in the lead for the last playoff spot but they play a ravens team gunning for homefield, and we play a Texans team that hopefully rest there starters......so if we win and they lose are we in? The raiders, broncos, jets all have the same record as us too

i dont think we'll rest our starters but i could be wrong. offensively the starters will play because we still have a lot of kinks to work out

Yeah, I don't see Texas resting their starters.

Besides, I hope the Titans aren't thinking anything along the lines of "Let's hope Texas rest their starters so we can sneak in the playoffs."

we have a good chance to get in...thats if we win

- i dont see the bengals beating bmore at home despite the ravens being bad on the road
- the dolphins will play the jets hard and beat em
- i can also see the chargers beating the raiders
- i can also see the texans sitting their starters. why risk any of them being injured when they already got a spot in the playoffs?

im optimistic but the ball's in our court and we can take advantage. Titan Up
pimp.gif

If we lose this game and they have foster and yates out then we dont deserve to make the playoffs anyway

smokin.gif

Now let's just see what happens.

Miami already beat the Jets so we have a better record than both of them.

We need Baltimore to beat Cincy (tying us with Cincy @ 9-7, and we have the better conference record), and we need OAK (8-7) to beat S.D. (7-8 )?

Clinched
1. New England: 13-3-0
2. Baltimore: 11-4-0 (currently beating Cincy 17-3, start of the 3rd)
3. Houston: 10-6-0
4. Denver: 8-7-0 (currently losing to the Chiefs, 0-7)
5. Pittsburgh: 11-4-0
6. Cincinnati: 9-6-0 (losing to Baltimore at the beginning of the 3rd, 3-17)

Still Alive
7. Tennessee: 9-7-0
8. Oakland: 8-7-0 (losing to the Chargers at the half, 13-24)

Eliminated
9. N.Y. Jets: 8-8-0
10. San Diego: 7-8-0 (beating the Raiders at the half, 24-13)
11. Kansas City: 6-9-0 (beating God's team, 7-0 at the beginning of the 3rd)
12. Miami: 6-10-0
13. Buffalo: 6-10-0
14. Jacksonville: 5-11-0
15. Cleveland: 4-11-0
16. Indy: 2-14-0

im not even trying to fire shots, but as a texans fan i think i'd most like to see yall next week. foster and j joseph didnt play, and the rest of the defense got pulled in the second half, and we still had a chance to win that game. going for 2 simply was, we dont want to go to overtime and risk injuries in a meaningless game. jake delhomme even looked good against yall.

with all that said, it still would be a good game just because of each teams familiarity with each other and its a playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom