[| -- Official The Clipse Til The Casket Drops Album Thread: Tuesday December 8th -- |]

Apr 24 2009 7:30 PM EDT

[h1]Clipse Are Just Happy People Like Leaked Kanye West Collaboration[/h1] [h2]'The response has been crazy,' Pusha T says of 'Kinda Like a Big Deal.'[/h2]
By Shaheem Reid

281x211.jpg

The Clipse

Photo: MTV News

MIAMI - The Clipse love the fan reaction, but once again, they had a record come out before it was time. The brothers had planned a grand introduction of their new single, "Kinda Like a Big Deal," with Kanye West. The artwork for the single was done by Kawse, and the duo were in the process of mastering the song before it hit the Net earlier this week.

"We heard it leaked - God!" Pusha T said standing on Collins Avenue with his brother, Malice.

The duo said they wanted to roll everything out at the right time.

"Just when we had everything in order," Push said of the timeline to release the record, "it just happens. We're happy Kanye got on the record. The response has been crazy. Rave reviews about it. Thanks for everybody lending an ear."

The record was produced by DJ Khalil and has a rock-and-roll, jungle-type feel. Kanye gets on the track and describes his style as a cross between Eminem and Jay-Z.

"I guess I'm like the black Marshall meets Jay," 'Ye raps.

"Kanye was in Japan somewhere [when he laid his verse]. He called and was like, 'I'll have your verse done in two hours.' Two or three hours, it was done," Push said of the collabo.

"It was just how we was feeling at the time, as far as the Clipse and a Kanye collaboration with the artwork, Kawse," the younger Clipse member explained of the blissful, boastful content. "The name of the song is 'Kinda Like a Big Deal' - everything around that had to be big. It's just how we was feeling. This third album is kinda like a big deal, the collaboration, all of that, is like a big deal."

"Being back with Pharrell is like a big deal," Malice interjected.

The brothers are indeed back with Skateboard P on the album. Mal and Push describe the work Williams has done thus far as very broad.

The Clipse's Till the Casket Drops is tentatively set to come out in September. And the two promise big radio records to go with their M.O. of those gritty street jams.

mad.gif
mad.gif
September??
mad.gif
mad.gif
You know that means spring 2010 at the earliest

How you gunna drop Road till the casket drops 10 months before the actual album, and only 10 tracks like thatll hold us over.
ughh frustrated by this news to say the least.

wow. MTV definitely got a different KAWS kawse on that article.

laugh.gif

but yeah, i'm not too delighted it's at September either.

that's mad long from now..

smh.gif

Album supposed to drop September 8th.

There's also another MTV article talking about the record with Cam. It's called "Back By Popular Demand."

his estate is serious business tho

that x5 isn't some rinky dink soccer mom van

and that kitchen is clean as hell

Back
Top Bottom