[| -- Official The Clipse Til The Casket Drops Album Thread: Tuesday December 8th -- |]

This #@%# got pushed back again?
laugh.gif

Oh well, if this date holds up it'll drop on my birthday.
pimp.gif

Review from a listening session from TheNeptunes.org forum

I went by Sony today to listen to the Clipse album; here's the info that I've got.

First off, the 11/17 date almost definitely isn't going to stick. They don't have another one set yet so nothing has been announced, but be prepared to wait longer than just that. There is enough finished material but they want to make sure everything is positioned correctly with the singles and such; the usual label stuff. I heard twelve tracks altogether, plus there's one more Neptunes track that they're working on and one more that I didn't get the producer on. The Rick Ross feature for the "I'm Good" Remix could be on the final as well but they still have to get it cleared. The Drake rumors didn't pan out so he won't be included at all.

The tracks below are not in the order that they'll appear on the album. Also note that Pharrell is on every song The Neptunes produced doing hooks/backup but no full verses:

Kinda Like a Big Deal ft. Kanye West (DJ Khalil)

Eyes on Me ft. Keri Hilson (Neptunes)

I'm Good (Neptunes)

Popular Demand (a.k.a. Popeyes) ft. Cam'ron (Neptunes)- mid-tempo track, hard drums, pianos and those horn stabs from "Love Bomb." Possibly the next single.

Showin' Out ft. Yo Gotti (Neptunes)- The other possible next single. The beat is kinda left field with a lot of effects and little percussion, then switches up at the hook and adds the drums in.
Probably the darkest of the Neptunes tracks but still not like anything on HHNF.

Counseling (Neptunes)- A more mainstream track, mostly about women, kind of a club track though not really that dance-y, along the lines of "I'm Good."

Champion (Neptunes)- Kind of bouncy percussion over some wide-open synth stuff. Kind of a simple track but one of the better tracks from what I heard.

Life Change (Neptunes)-Actually has a lot of Kaleidoscope era stuff layered into the track. Slightly dark compared to the other things on the album but nothing compared to HHNF.

There Was a Murder (DJ Khalil)- One of my favorite tracks and, as much as I hate to say it, the Khalil tracks kind of stand out more than most of the Neptunes stuff. Definitely a grittier record with Pusha going with a bit of a reggae flow.

Footsteps (DJ Khalil)- Another grittier record, this time with Malice going a little more Caribbean ("I'm on my Dylan Dillinger"). Fans of the last album will definitely be glad to hear these couple of Khalil tracks.

Never Will It Stop ft. Ab-Liva (Sean C & LV)- This one still needed to be mastered but is basically done. It's build around a sample of that sound sample they always use for THX with some other weird stuff going on. It comes together well though and Liva does his thing.

Speak of Freedom (Sean C & LV)- As it stands right now, this contains a sample from a certain classic mob flick that they're having a lot of trouble clearing so they're working up a different version of it. It'll also probably be the opener; very cinematic with a long outro.

Again, there's one more Neptunes track, another one being worked on (I'm guessing by Sean C & LV but I don't actually know) and probably an "I'm Good" Remix as a bonus. Overall, this is definitely a more commercially traditional album than either of the first. Long time fans are probably going to have to get used to a few things changing from HHNF because the coke rap is toned down and the rhymes aren't as dense and aggressive. The singles that have been released so far are fairly well representative of what you can expect from the rest of it, so for now, I'll just say that however you feel about those will probably be about how you feel about the whole LP.

Just can't wait to hear it, seems as though when they went gritty with Khalil the results were better. But who knows until it drops, from the tracks thathave dropped the Keri one I hate.

i have low expectations after looking at the track by track review. yo gotti on a clipse album? what i don't get is, they released an angry, melodramaticalbum with NO commercial music but now that rick rubin is telling them to make any kind of music they want with no restrictions, they wanna do thesecommercialized records. i hope this is good, though and if not, i hope them and liva drop a mixtape going in on a bunch of beats to redeem themselves.

Reading that made me disappointed
ohwell.gif
... Most of all for the fact they wont make the november 17th date....

Originally Posted by Dapper D

ohwell.gif

Yea, I hope it drops this year though.

And the Clipse/Cam joint drops on the 12th.
I'm WE'RE going to have the premiere whether you like it or not.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dapper D

ohwell.gif
Word.
tired.gif
...they need to drop "Road to Till the CasketDrops Vol. 2" ASAP.

I'm so damn curious to see what the Neptunes cooked up for the Brothers Thornton the 4th time around& how correct they came *pause*

EDIT: From the sound of things (pun intended), that "Life Change" track could be special...
nerd.gif

And whatever happened to the stuff they were working on with SWIZZY?
nerd.gif

After "On to the Next One", I actually have some faith in him again. My dudes would WRECK that beat!
eek.gif

The only reason the "I'm Good" track is getting SOME play is because of Pharell on the hook
eyes.gif

I will check this album out when it Drops in November 00...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

The only reason the "I'm Good" track is getting SOME play is because of Pharell on the hook
eyes.gif

I will check this album out when it Drops in November 00...

They !@$##% this song up nicely...
Its obviously a summer time record...yet they relaes the single in the middle of summer and put the video out in August...
That single should have been out there in March/April so it could have a chance to heat up...

Clipse stole the "Champion" beat from Birdman and Mack Maine.

So there's an idea of what that'll sound like. Just imagine the Thortons over that beat.

I'm guessing there will be a video for the Remix of "I'm Good" with Ross?

Man $$%* these cats how you gonna make us wait even longer...I used up all my patience on the 19 years between Lord Willin and HHNF just drop the god damnalbum
indifferent.gif

I saw the Clipse perform live yesterday and they said the album will drop in November but gave no specific
date. The performance was dope tho, I just hate that they never perform "Virginia".

Back
Top Bottom