***** Official The Game Thread*****[Final Album "Westside Story'' TBA]

Glad to keep hearing positive things about the album (he normally delivers on actually albums). I just realize, he release 5 albums/mixtapes in a year. Doc 2, Doc 2.5, Streets of Compton, Block Wars and now 1992.

I wish Streets of Compton and Block Wars had been combined with the best songs to just make 1 EP. Both albums had exactly 3-4 very good songs and a bunch of filler.

http://hiphopdx.com/editorials/id.3479/title.6-ways-the-game-aimed-for-1992-to-be-a-classic

6 Ways The Game Aimed For "1992" To Be A Classic
October 4, 2016 | 11:32 AM
by Jason Bisnoff
6 Ways The Game Aimed For "1992" To Be A Classic Instagram/The Game

HipHopDX was in the building Monday, September 19 when The Game premiered his upcoming 1992 album at Lavo Nightclub in New York City. The private event featured members of the media and music industry including several notable DJs including DJ Envy. After a couple of hours of finger food and open bar, the festivities got underway as snippets of all 13-tracks from the album were played.

Since the listening, his very visible friction with Meek Mill and his Dreamchasers camp, Sean Kingston (and more of the less, Beanie Sigel) has taken center stage but come October 14, the Los Angeles rap star will be screaming 1992 above everything else.

Here are some examples, including but not limited to those samples, of why Chuck Taylor wanted this album to rank high within his discography.
Consistency

The Game is often overlooked in the annals of Hip Hop greatness but it can be tough to deny his contributions when evaluating his discography. Since debuting with what many view as his magnum opus, The Documentary, he has been a mark of consistency. In an industry that often sees artists who start off with a classic album have trouble reaching that mark again, Sir Taylor has seen favorable opinion on all of his seven previous releases. This is made even more impressive with a relatively dense output of 11 albums in seven years. It seems that he has reached a happy medium between the lackluster releases often seen by rappers who put out work biannually or more while avoiding being left out of the conversation like artists who release biennially. While Game has never dropped an Illmatic or Reasonable Doubt, he has also never released a Nastradamus or Magna Carta…Holy Grail. Listeners can be confident that he will not lay an egg with 1992, the question will be how strong the project can be. “What Your Life Like” appears on the album as a quintessential Game track.
Headspace

Prior to this release, The Game was mostly affiliated with West Coast style and subject matter in his music. Over the last 12 months, he has become very vocal about the issues between minority communities and the police as well as showing support for the messages of the Black Lives Matter movement. His foray into current political issues hit an apex with his organization of a peaceful protest along with fellow Californian Snoop Dogg earlier this year. (With whom he paid homage to by grabbing Joe Cool, the artist who created the Doggystyle artwork.) These themes are obviously on his mind and from the first listen it seems they have bled into the music opening the door for a whole host of new subject matter rarely if ever explored in his music. This newfound thematic depth is found on “Savage,” with the hook of, “The way we living is savage,” as well as “Lifestyle,” “True Colors,” and the double entendre of orange juice and Orenthal James on “**** OJ.”
Beef

What’s Beef? There may be differing opinions on the answer to that question depending on who you ask. One thing is certain, having an aggressive and belligerent agenda has produced some of the best bars in history. From the pinnacle of this phenomenon in the 90s with Tupac and Biggie, “No Vaseline” and the Queens-Bronx battle, to one of the hottest songs last year in “Back to Back,” hopes can be lifted when bad blood is involved.
Expanding His Sound

Based on the initial listen, The Game is following suit with many of rappers currently putting out the best product by going outside the box sonically. This is seen most distinctly on the track “Bompton” which combines a piano and heavy bass for a haunting soundscape waiting for some strong lyricism. This year’s best albums have pushed the envelope making those who stay in their comfort zone forgettable. From the gospel inspiration on Coloring Book to the inventive instrumentation on The Life of Pablo these days artists often think outside the box to make memorable releases.
Nineties Love

The album rollout and debut party stayed on theme with 1992 hoping to connect with a sociological and musical time when Pac and B.I.G. were alive and well and a man from Arkansas named Clinton was headed into the White House. Going all in on that idea, tracks like “Grew Up On Wu-Tang” and “How Do You Want It?” sample some of the great music from those days borrowing from “C.R.E.A.M.” and Soul II Soul’s iconic “Back II Life.”
The State Of The Industry

Among the less scientific thoughts is simply that it is a good year for the artform. From the aforementioned Kanye and Chance releases to the underwhelming — but marketable — Views, it has been a nice run for the culture in a year where based on the news cycle it may be needed more than ever. With a top-notch catalog and all that inspiration around it would be smart to bet on The Game only strengthening this year’s roster.

Just copped this right now. Will probably immediately delete "All Eyez" because I've seen the video a couple times and can't stand that sugary bubble gum *** song :lol:

Just listened to the album again. It's okay. Def doesn't compare to any of his other albums. I was a massive Game fan growing up. I had the BWS and hurricane swag, was on TIG all the time, and listened and liked all his music up to the RED/JP album era. Ever since his music doesn't do anything for me. Maybe its just unrealistic expectations, or getting tired of the same old topics. Even Doc2 had a hand full of good tracks, with one elite imo (from Adam). As for this album, it just doesn't flow well after a few spins. Although Game has became a better rapper with time, imo he has lost that ability to put together a good project. Everything sounds either too much alike, or is too polar opposite to fit together. It's a shame because imo Game put together one of the best 1-4 albums of all time in Docu, Da, LAX, RED. And the best part was the amazing mixtape sprinkled throughout. Red Room Brake Lights and Cali Rep were all GREAT mixtapes and not to mention the Gunot era with YNWIT SSSL and BWS Journal Vol 1.

Just copped this right now. Will probably immediately delete "All Eyez" because I've seen the video a couple times and can't stand that sugary bubble gum *** song
laugh.gif
Good idea because that song is just a dumb add on, it doesn't fit anything else on the album. It should have been left off and this album is perfect.

Just copped this right now. Will probably immediately delete "All Eyez" because I've seen the video a couple times and can't stand that sugary bubble gum *** song :lol:

Good idea because that song is just a dumb add on, it doesn't fit anything else on the album. It should have been left off and this album is perfect.
Yeah they added that song at the end for "radio" play. Think it's just on the iTunes version, not hard copy. That song was getting decent play on hip-hop charts. Actually made a quick appearance on HOT 100 chart.

That chick singing Fire on Savage Lifestyle

nthat.gif

First track in

Samples is a nice touch

What color is the flag?

What two colors did we pick?

Fire outside of Baby you and all eyes. Album about gang banging and we gotta get subjected to this soft nonsense.

But the rest of it... Sheesh

Last edited:
Just got my hard copy, "All Eyez" isn't a part of the main cd, they give it to you on the side as a single. Another good project from Chuck! Love the samples and concept album!!! Dope ish!!!

**** Orange Juice
Baby You
I Grew Up On Wu-Tang
92 Bars
The Juice
What Your Life Like

:pimp: :pimp: Good album. Not really a bad song on here at all (especially if you leave off All Eyez), and has a good amount of standouts. Sounds like a better version of LAX honestly. Game rappin his *** off on here

Edit: Bad Boy On Death Row and Let Me Now w/ Jeremih would have been perfect on here

Last edited:
Like the oldman that I am I bought this CD from Amazon. Came on Friday. Not recognizing the CD or track names and had to manually type everything into iTunes. I was also disappointed that the CD "booklet" did not have any album notes....

Overall it's a decent album, I give it a strong 3.5 mics (maybe even 4). Stat Quo had a hand in this project, that surprised me.

Also I think I noticed a Cash Money logo on the CD but they are not mentioned anywhere. Is Game doing distribution with them ?

Last edited:
Prolly gotta give it another spin but some of these samples clutter the songs. Still dope he revisiting the 90s and getting introspective wit it

Like the oldman that I am I bought this CD from Amazon. Came on Friday. Not recognizing the CD or track names and had to manually type everything into iTunes. I was also disappointed that the CD "booklet" did not have any album notes....

Overall it's a decent album, I give it a strong 3.5 mics (maybe even 4). Stat Quo had a hand in this project, that surprised me.

Also I think I noticed a Cash Money logo on the CD but they are not mentioned anywhere. Is Game doing distribution with them ?

No cash money logo. And stat been co ex producer from Jesus piece onwards

Back
Top Bottom