*OFFICIAL* The Roots - undun (Dec. 6) (9 min. Short Film)

Originally Posted by JBug88

Great album. Loving it.
Dare I say their best?
eek.gif

Wouldn't be a stretch for me to say it...

-J-

I think Illadelph Halflife is still their best album, but this album is defiantly up there with their best, the concept behind it and the depth of some of the lyrics is amazing

3 plays through, and this album is amazing. I love it when a concept album goes perfectly right 
pimp.gif
Everyone was on point, from Black Thought to the band to the guests on the album. I'm not even mad Blu aint on it.

Great album...but I wanted at least 1 track where Thought goes in like he did on Web, Boom, Here I Come, 75 Bars etc.

So which song was Blu suppose to be on or did they keep the whole song off the album?

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

the way you guys are talking, i'ma skip a DL and straight COP this album.

You'd be doing yourself a SERIOUS favor if you did that...

The album is perfect.  No joke.  It's not a contrived piece of "art" being shoved down the listener's throat like Kanye did w. MBDTF....this IS art.  undun is a cohesive story which really capsulates The Roots immense creativity.  I'm not sure if there's another group out there currently in hip-hop who could have pulled this off.  The last three tracks that help conclude the whole story/album together is absolute brilliance.  I honestly didn't think they could have topped "How I Got Over," because I felt that was the best rap album of 2010....but they did.  Each time that I get content w. one of their current LPs, they find a way to top their previous effort.  24 years in the game and still going strong.  I can't wait to see the direction they go in next. 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

the way you guys are talking, i'ma skip a DL and straight COP this album.

it's $4 on amazon for the mp3.  (link on the last page)
that's a cup of overpriced Starbucks.  And this will be much more satisfying...

-J-

I'd buy from amazon if the mp3 quality was better, not even full 320 kbps CDR.

I downloaded the FLAC, geez man.

*will purchase over the weekend.

Originally Posted by gllahone84

This dude Black Thought spits better as the years go by...
pimp.gif

Dude is the epitome of fine wine.
What they did on this album was nothing less than a classic. 

I love the way that they made this feel like a complete UNIT. Its an ALBUM. Not a bunch of songs. 

I'm sorry...I don't care if anyone disagrees...Besides KRIT and a handful of others...this is a real gem.

This is an instant classic.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by gllahone84

This dude Black Thought spits better as the years go by...
pimp.gif

Dude is the epitome of fine wine.
What they did on this album was nothing less than a classic. 

I love the way that they made this feel like a complete UNIT. Its an ALBUM. Not a bunch of songs. 

I'm sorry...I don't care if anyone disagrees...Besides KRIT and a handful of others...this is a real gem.

This is an instant classic.

THIS. I hate when albums are ruined by useless songs that are just intended for radio play. Most of these songs suck balls. I wanna listen an album not a collection of good songs and horrible single fillers. 
%%#* pisses me off. Anyways this albums is easily the best rap album of the year for me. 

or perfect from bottom to top??? lol

The hook in Otherside is engraved in my mind right now.

That's when we'll settle up the score!scorescorescorescoooreeescooooreeeee

Back
Top Bottom