OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

When Michael dropped bug off :frown: :frown: :smh:

everybody knows a omar type cat that got away with crazy s**t off reputation alone

you start fearing em and idolizing em

starts to look like they can't lose

it's not hard to understand why omar didn't get offed sooner

I think reason why Kenard offed Omar was cuz he wasnt scared. I think he was too young to really respect/fear him.

Even in that scene where Omar pulls up on the kids on the corner after he fked up his leg. They all shook of Omar but Kenard says some ish like "THATS Omar?? Gimpy mfer". Even the way he was looking at him was like you aint ****, while the older kids were shook. Omar probaby didnt pay him no mind cuz he was so young and small. Figures this lil guy isnt a threat, plus he was so focused and preoccupied with tryna get atMarlo and them, he got caught lacking.

Kenard definitely respected Omar. Remember he was the little homie pretending to be Omar reenacting the shoot out at the drug spot in front of Bunk.

He was just a ruthless little homie. He was just next up to bat in the endless cycle. Omar got taken out by a young him in the making.

Yeah I hate that Omar went out like that, but it shows that you have to watch any & everybody. Lil homie was under Marlo (he rain with Michaels crew), but Omar didn't know anything about that, plus he wasn't in the business of hurting kids. It's honestly the perfect way to take him out.

Kenard definitely respected Omar. Remember he was the little homie pretending to be Omar reenacting the shoot out at the drug spot in front of Bunk.

He was just a ruthless little homie. He was just next up to bat in the endless cycle. Omar got taken out by a young him in the making.

Ya u right, i forgot about that scene. You and goldensilence bring up good points.

You right about him not knowing Kenard was under Marlo cuz he was just on some f it ima murk Marlo and all his muscle. And you def right about him not hurting kids... "A man got to have a code"

He was def a ruthless lil mfer. The way he punked Namond wit that pack and Namond didnt do ****. Granted Namond was soft but still

Last edited:
Just finished. Definitely didn't like the way it ended. Season 5 was poo.

But still a great show nonetheless. Glad I watched. Sucks cuz after watching a great show like this I'm gonna be so critical of anything I watch next

But still a great show nonetheless. Glad I watched. Sucks cuz after watching a great show like this I'm gonna be so critical of anything I watch next
Have you watched Sopranos? Game of Thrones?

Sopranos is one of those shows I have to go back and watch from the very beginning. Play on tackling it soon as I'm done with season 6 of GoT & seasons 1-2 of Ballers.

Sons of Anarchy is a pretty good show worth watching as well.

Man yall got me wanting to rewatch The Wire and The Sopranos now
laugh.gif
I watch The Sopranos over every 2 years now.  It's THAT good.  And Waves, you share the same sentiment as most people about Season 5 
laugh.gif
.  The Newspaper plot and the Serial Killer plot was just trash.  Scott was a BAN.

Last edited:
I watch The Sopranos over every 2 years now.  It's THAT good.  And Waves, you share the same sentiment as most people about Season 5 :lol: .  The Newspaper plot and the Serial Killer plot was just trash.  Scott was a BAN.

:lol: its been a while since I've watched it. One of my uncles put me on when i was young.

R.I.P James Gandolfini :frown:

I was working with a bunch of italians when he passed smh they were understandably so sad

Seeing this thread bumped every time I look at general and HBO go having it in the main page because of the 15 yr anniversary got me wanting to press play too. :smh: :lol:

Think I've re watched the wire and the sopranos about 6 times a piece since they've both been off the air, the last time being in 2015 when HBO remastered the wire in HD. Shows will never get old.

He got shot in the shoulder by Wee-Bey too and toughed it out until McNulty could get him help. Dude clearly had a tolerance for pain.

Mans had heart

everybody knows a omar type cat that got away with crazy s**t off reputation alone

you start fearing em and idolizing em

starts to look like they can't lose

it's not hard to understand why omar didn't get offed sooner

Yea his rep alone make cats not think twice, esp the young boys

Way I saw the ending was Mike becomes the new Omar, Dukie the new bubs, etc. Gotta go back n watch but the way I took Omar's death was it could only happen at the hands of someone he wouldnt expect hence kenard. Its why he looks at him when he comes in the store, but sees no threat and goes back to buying cigs

But he wasn't no Omar in the making, more like a Chris or bay, Omar wasn't just killing fools

Nah I'm assuming those are the truth as well? [emoji]128563[/emoji]
Yessir. I'm actually jealous that you get to watch both of the from scratch. GOT, The Wire and Sopranos in my opinion are the GOAT TV shows (no particular order).

Forgot my homeboy gave me his HBO login. Just started The Wire again thanks to this thread :lol:

Man i forgot how funny it was watching Poot run. **** always cracks me up :lol:

I wanna talk The Wire with Obama.

Bet his favorite was Bunk. Probably had a soft spot for Michael. I wanna hear him recite quotes and **** :rofl::

Obama doing Brother Mouzzone or telling me which politician is most like Carcetti and Clay Davis :lol:

EDIT

OH wait, his fav character is Omar :lol: :smokin

tumblr_m5yt5nvmeG1rphknyo1_500.gif

Started watching it for the 3rd time and **** just gets better every time. Hands down my favorite show ever.

Late response here, but there are two things that help Season 5 make sense:

1. Opening scene of the season: "the bigger the lie, the more they believe"

2. Read up on Janet Cooke. It's the inspiration for the fake serial killer story line. Granted, in The Wire, McNulty set the whole thing in motion, but the reporter ate it up and embellished the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom