OFFICIAL THREAD: Boston Celtics vs. PHX SUNS 1030 et 2/22

Garnett has no heart?
laugh.gif

He isn't even 100%. We would work you guys in the playoffs. No problem.

Ray and Paul won't have games like that again.

roll.gif
acting all tough

Don't listen to Zodogg.. after hearing that KG has no heart from him made me wonder if he sees basketball other than the suns. Dude is the number one guyin the league that shows it the most...

Am I the only NTer that likes shaq with Phoenix?

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by rocboys

celtics is a good team but they fall in love with jumpshooting too much. shaq protect the paint good. garnett over amare was nasty. amare is one selfish dude.

lol random right? ur team dont want to the rockets in first round.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

Garnett screams a lot so that means he has heart?
He cries on TV so that means he has heart?

I guess all those playoff first round exits can just be written off.

LOL

What a chump. A $25 million / year chump...but a chump nonetheless.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

We all know the West is the place to be, but even though we've lost three in a row, its not like these are the first three games we've played against the West....

Beat the Spurs.
Beat the Suns before.
Crushed the Warriors the first time around.
Beat the Mavs WITHOUT KG.
Handled the Lakers twice, granted without Gasol.

And yes, I remember that all of those (except one of the Laker games) were at home, but its not like if we got a finals matchup that we'd play all 7 out West.

With that, I'm not saying the Celtics are clearly better than any of the West teams, because they arent. But its a two way street, no West team is clearly better than the Celtics, which a lot of people seem to believe. Anything can happen at any time on any night.
the thing the celtics dont have is depth and that is something all the west teams have. if you look at the spurs, mavs, lakers, rockets, etc, theirrosters totally crush the celtics in that category and in the playoffs depth is a key part in lasting long.

raja bell did a good job on defense today after kobe turned him inside out. the suns offense didnt look to good though. and except for raja bell, nobody elsedid anything on d. its more the celtics shot themselves in the foot than suns doing anything on the defensive end...

i havent seen that many unforced turnovers since kwame brown was around
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by bjm5295

We all know the West is the place to be, but even though we've lost three in a row, its not like these are the first three games we've played against the West....

Beat the Spurs.
Beat the Suns before.
Beat the Mavs WITHOUT KG.
Handled the Lakers twice, granted without Gasol.

And yes, I remember that all of those (except one of the Laker games) were at home, but its not like if we got a finals matchup that we'd play all 7 out West.

With that, I'm not saying the Celtics are clearly better than any of the West teams, because they arent. But its a two way street, no West team is clearly better than the Celtics, which a lot of people seem to believe. Anything can happen at any time on any night.
the thing the celtics dont have is depth and that is something all the west teams have. if you look at the spurs, mavs, lakers, rockets, etc, their rosters totally crush the celtics in that category and in the playoffs depth is a key part in lasting long.

raja bell did a good job on defense today after kobe turned him inside out. the suns offense didnt look to good though. and except for raja bell, nobody else did anything on d. its more the celtics shot themselves in the foot than suns doing anything on the defensive end...

laugh.gif

Yea that can be a problem. I hope we can go out and grab Magloire becuase that would help KG and Perkins out.

Rondo can play minutes but when he does rest we need Eddie House to play a little better then of late. The depth worries me but not to much where idon't think we can win. Don't forget we don't have to play the west in the Playoffs. Only in the finals if we make it their. There isn't a Eastteam except the Cavs and Pistons that worry me. Pistons have depth but if we can get around them and Lebron then it'll be ok.

laugh.gif

I agree with you for once.
laugh.gif
It looked like they had never practiced offense together. I remember one where Posey bombed it over TonyAllen's (i think) head out over the sideline on a simple lead pass.

Our depth isnt THAT bad. I know Suns and Lakers are clearly better bench wise but i'm not sold on the Spurs' old men and the Mavs after depleting thebench with the Kidd trade. Not much I can say about the Rockets considering they're on five alarm fire. I like our bench as long as Eddie and Posey donthave too many more games like last night.

i guess no one in the history of the suns had heart then, huh?

BarkleySunsSmall.jpg

357020.jpg

but anyways I don't agree that KG has no heart........ He would have won more playoff games in Minny if not for McHale's Joe Smith signing... probablythe stupidest GM move I can think of right now....

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

i guess no one in the history of the suns had heart then, huh?

BarkleySunsSmall.jpg

357020.jpg

but anyways I don't agree that KG has no heart........ He would have won more playoff games in Minny if not for McHale's Joe Smith signing... probably the stupidest GM move I can think of right now....

But according to Zo's logic, an individual's heart can only be based on team success. Therefore since these guys never won a chip, they don'thave heart.

Right, as long as you dunk on someone, right?
haha you're such a horrible NBA fan, I mean Phoenix Suns fan. Since Marion left you been hatin on the suns when they're clearly a betterteam
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

haha you're such a horrible NBA fan, I mean Phoenix Suns fan. Since Marion left you been hatin on the suns when they're clearly a better team
roll.gif

Clearly? In whose mind?

We are .500 with Shaq. We lost a game in which they score 124 points and lost to an inferior team consisting of a bunch of douchebags. That high scoring gamewas just the type of game that Marion would have shined in. We most likely would have won that game with Trix. He would have at least been able to defendGasol.
Now, the Boston game was a sloppy slow game by both teams. I've already said the "old" Suns wouldn't have won that slow, defensive battle. Weplayed excellent defense but really struggled on offense during that game.

I think the jury is still out on this trade.
I personally don't like it. I personally think this version of the Suns is a worse team.

But we'll see...as I said in the thread about this trade when it happened, I'd absolutely LOVE to be proven wrong. I'd LOVE for the Suns to win achampionship. I just think that Shaquille O'Neal is not a good fit for the Suns.
If you have read anything other than the Arizona Republic, you'd see that 99% of the national media agrees with me.
It's the Phoenix Media that won't dare say anything negative about the home team that thinks Shaq is the savior.

Don't listen to Zodogg.. after hearing that KG has no heart from him made me wonder if he sees basketball other than the suns. Dude is the number one guy in the league that shows it the most...

Your about the only suns fan on here that can be talked to.

Shaq is going to be a force for yall. People drive to the hoop and think twice when they see him in the lane. Only thing problem with him is pick a roll D. Hewas never good at it.
Zo's probably messing around.... I doubt he is really serious... I mean this is the internet after all
laugh.gif

Problem is he is not messing around. He takes this real serious.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

haha you're such a horrible NBA fan, I mean Phoenix Suns fan. Since Marion left you been hatin on the suns when they're clearly a better team
roll.gif
Clearly? In whose mind?

We are .500 with Shaq. We lost a game in which they score 124 points and lost to an inferior team consisting of a bunch of douchebags. That high scoring game was just the type of game that Marion would have shined in. We most likely would have won that game with Trix. He would have at least been able to defend Gasol.
Now, the Boston game was a sloppy slow game by both teams. I've already said the "old" Suns wouldn't have won that slow, defensive battle. We played excellent defense but really struggled on offense during that game.

I personally don't like it. I personally think this version of the Suns is a worse team.

But we'll see...as I said in the thread about this trade when it happened, I'd absolutely LOVE to be proven wrong. I'd LOVE for the Suns to win a championship. I just think that Shaquille O'Neal is not a good fit for the Suns.
If you have read anything other than the Arizona Republic, you'd see that 99% of the national media agrees with me.
It's the Phoenix Media that won't dare say anything negative about the home team that thinks Shaq is the savior.

Marion defending gasol?
roll.gif

roll.gif
Clearly? In whose mind?

We are .500 with Shaq. We lost a game in which they score 124 points and lost to an inferior team consisting of a bunch of douchebags. That high scoring game was just the type of game that Marion would have shined in. We most likely would have won that game with Trix. He would have at least been able to defend Gasol.
Now, the Boston game was a sloppy slow game by both teams. I've already said the "old" Suns wouldn't have won that slow, defensive battle. We played excellent defense but really struggled on offense during that game.

But we'll see...as I said in the thread about this trade when it happened, I'd absolutely LOVE to be proven wrong. I'd LOVE for the Suns to win a championship. I just think that Shaquille O'Neal is not a good fit for the Suns.
kids-say-darndest-things.jpg

I used to hate Shaq, but now he's starting to grow on me since being in PHX.

And this NBAdotcom guy; no basketball IQ, no respect for the game.

Big deal. They're not one of the top teams in the West. Nobody that doesn't live in the Bay Area thinks they're a contender
MOST of the non-bandwagon Warrior fans know the Warriors are not even close to being a realistic contender for the NBAtitle, and might not even make the playoffs. only those fairweather fans do
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

Thank god the last couple of games have been nationally televised, because i'm tired of hearing the biased suns residents. 99%? No way bro. ESPN is all on Shaq, even bill walton!!!
laugh.gif

Only thing problem with him is pick a roll D. He was never good at it.

Yeah, Suns are so used to doing it with Matrix and Stat and with Shaq that's a big no no. BUT If anyone can get us over that hump, its shaq
wink.gif

how can u take zodogg seriously, hes playing mind game like artest, rodman on the court.

jdiddy is not a real fan, he prefers amare dunk over someone than winning games. like kobe fans who prefer kobe score 50 points than winning games.

Don't listen to Zodogg.. after hearing that KG has no heart from him made me wonder if he sees basketball other than the suns. Dude is the number one guy in the league that shows it the most...

While I don't like the trade from a fan viewpoint, in the end and especially in the playoffs this will make the Suns a better fit for thesystem.

I always wanted to see the Suns kick that "you can't win a championship with that style" to the curb. Unfortunately, it looks like the Sunsconformed to the league instead of making the league conform to them. It WAS fun to watch them play, now they don't seem to have that same type of swag.

roll.gif
Clearly? In whose mind?

This, my friends, is an opinion. Not a fact. You have no idea what words come out of my mouth when the Cards lose to the Cubs. That's just showing hate foryour rival.

kansas jayhawks -
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom