OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

I've been eying these shoes as my next game shoe.

How are you guys enjoying these on the courts? I'm waiting for that Silver/Volt/Black pair to drop.

Alright a real quick review from playing in these for about 45 mins this afternoon:

First off -- I ended up going with a half size down from my true size.  I have a real narrow foot and though these are a very narrow shoe, my true size was just a little too long (For comparison, the length fit just like the KD VI for me -- a shoe that I went half size down in as well).  The flex points didn't seem quite right in my true size and my ankle didn't feel the most secure.  The half size down was definitely snug and harder to get on at first, but everything felt awesome once I got to play in them.

Traction:

I got to the court today and the floor was literally pristine.  The gym had been closed all week for maintenance so they ended up buffing out the entire floor, so unfortunately I can't give great advice with that.  There was literally zero dust or slick spots.  Didn't have any problems whatsoever and they bit the floor nicely, but I'm sure this had to do with the pristine conditions.

Fit:

They are very narrow and run a little big lengthwise, IMO.  They feel amazing with that neoprene bootie.  It gives it a seamless feel just as advertised.  I really like the fuse upper on these too.  The structural pattern makes them nice and flexible while still being strong for containment.

Lockdown:

Overall, I was very impressed at how stable the shoe felt after playing in them.  When I first laced them up and walked around, I was a little leery of how stable I would feel around the ankle area, because the fuse stops very low and there isn't really much that hugs your ankle. 

I guess how I can describe this is that shoes like the Kobe V and 8 really hug your ankle in terms of shape and padding. This is a bit of a different experience, but like I said, didn't give me any problems.  I think it would have been different if I went with the true size.

Cushion:

The zoom felt good, but I wouldn't say amazing.  I'm anxious to see how it plays after more of a break-in.

Closing comments:

I know this is said with pretty much every performance model, but you really have to try these on to see how they fit for you.  I'm lucky with a narrow foot because going down a half gave me the extra security I needed and all the flex points and everything felt great.  The same thing happened to me with the KD VI.  Personally, I think these are an excellent low, especially for the price.  They'll last longer than lunar as well and the material feels better than a KD VI (while I still do like that shoe).

Sorry for the bombardment of text.  If you have more specific questions or want my take on comparison to other lows, PM me.  I've played in lots of different lows.

Repped.

So how would you stack them up against:

Kobe VIII

CP3 VII

XX8 SE

I love me some low tops with good fit and traction.  Forefoot/heel zoom is a plus too.

iks thanks for the review man :D

I gotta say though, I'm jealous as hell of you playing on pristine court. I only get that once a year at my gym and I love it soooo much.

iks thanks for the review man
happy.gif

I gotta say though, I'm jealous as hell of you playing on pristine court. I only get that once a year at my gym and I love it soooo much.
Same here.  My gym closed for three weeks a while back to do remodeling.  One side of the court already has a major deadspot now right in the key.  Whenever the ball bounces there or someone lands, geez, it's a little scary considering the potential for injury.

crazy ebw crazy ebw deezyvsop2 deezyvsop2

Fellas this was a rare occurrence. I was ecstatic to have that pristine court because this gym is usually extremely dusty. One can only dream that it will always be that good... such a great feeling. Everything is better playing on a good floor...

Last edited:
They remind me of the zoom revis. Those are the best and most comfortable non hoop sboe ive ever worn. I remember harden wearing them in a game one time. Maybe thats where the crusaders got their influence from?

bout to make these my vball shoes.  looking to hear more about the traction and fit before i pull the trigger

Have these popped up in store yet? Would like to try them on and see them in person first. 

Back
Top Bottom