OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

Pg24 got a pair on. I feel like nba players gone b wearing these heavy. If nightwing gives em a gooD review they might blow up.

Last edited:
im pretty new to NT and glad i found this thread the more i see these joints i want a pair, sorry if a dumb question but i dont know much about these shoes but i do want a pair, is there any exclusive CW coming out for these??? like alstar color or something and other than ebay are there sites i could order me a pair, i havent even seen them in person but most def want me a pair.....thanks

First Impression pt. 2

I'm really struggling to sum up this shoe in just a few phrases.  Here's what I've been thinking in a few statements:

-IMO the Crusader plays nice and quick, much like the KD VI.  With that being said, I will attempt compare/contrast the two briefly.  They both allow you to be very quick on your feet, giving you impressive range of motion and mobility on both ends of the floor.  The difference is that the Crusaders are a bit more snug and form fitting than the KD VI and the fuse flexes more naturally.  The KD VI forefoot zoom is better IMO, but the Crusader's traction is better.

-I really love the EM upper of the Kobe 8, especially how it breaks in.  But one problem I had with that was how you have to lace the shoe tighter towards the forefoot, the more they break in.  What is nice about the Crusader, is that the fuse shouldn't lose tightness/shape over time (with the embedded 1st gen flywire) -- yet it will still be comfortable, as it is nice and flexible.

-I wish the zoom unit was just a little bit closer to the toe with these

-I still stand by what I said in that the fit and lockdown on these may be hit or miss depending on your foot shape and how snug you like your shoes.  With the half size down it's been perfect with no heel slippage and no hot spots, but they definitely are noticeably more snug than my true size was.  I just was worried about lockdown with that true size.  Hopefully you all can try them on or at least have the option to return for free.

-In the end, there are no distractions for me while playing in the shoe and I guess that is they key, right?  Just a solid, snug fit with decent responsiveness and good court feel.  This is a very fun shoe to play in and I don't know what's holding me back from ranking them among other lows.  I think I just can't make up my mind...  

Anyway, hope this helps out somewhat.

Here's a really crappy locker room side pic from the iPhone for those who asked.  I'll get one in the daylight when I can.

Last edited:
Everything sounding good from what I'm hearing. Glad to hear traction isn't a problem. I had the same issue with the EM on the 8s and it was a huge turn off to me. I legit feel like I lost support when going for rebounds on the paint and had no confidence playing in them after that.

I'm going to have to have these, just like I did the Revs.

^What Jay Jones says here is exactly what I'm trying to get at with the fit and lockdown

I'll be real I haven't played ball in years lol I'm in to the kds got a couple pair of those but I wear them for casual wear, I would want to style in them crusaders, I like how they got that Kobe look at the top and the price looks good too, anybody wear the am causally ?

I'll be real I haven't played ball in years lol I'm in to the kds got a couple pair of those but I wear them for casual wear, I would want to style in them crusaders, I like how they got that Kobe look at the top and the price looks good too, anybody wear the am causally ?
The one pair I have is for court use, but I definitely think they'd look good casually

-In the end, there are no distractions for me while playing in the shoe and I guess that is they key, right?  Just a solid, snug fit with decent responsiveness and good court feel.  This is a very fun shoe to play in and I don't know what's holding me back from ranking them among other lows.  I think I just can't make up my mind...  
Thanks for taking the time to put up the details. 

Enough for me to pass though.  These days, I'm only interested in those "DO NOT MISS OUT ON THESE" type of shoes.

Kobe V's were like that to me.

Kobe VIII's now.

XX8 SE's seem to be in that stratosphere.

Those Hyperrevs might get up there too, NW's description of the transition made me much more interested.

False alarm 
laugh.gif

Had me so hyped too. 

But it looks like everyone is keeping an eye out for these and tne HyperRevs 

I know there are probably better CWs coming but I couldn't wait. I ordered these along with a pair of the hyperrevs:

Hey guys. I have these crusaders. The red ones to be exact.... didnt bought it from ebay.. its like $99 in my area...

oh man them joints i just seen on that DSG link is kinda hot,  precisate that bro, ima check my local DSG to see what they have instore, might have to pull the trigger on those if the store dosent have any, wanna see them in person tho

Back
Top Bottom