Official Thunder vs. Mavericks Thread - OKC sweeps the Mavs

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Welp, this was a season to forget.

Cuban better pray Deron Williams still wants to come home, or else this was a colossal *#%# up.

Now I know how the Lakers feel.
sick.gif

Played well for three games, but just couldn't close out. Oh well.

laugh.gif
you will have all summer to mentally recover
right now you should pick a team to root for and it will soothe the pain

you never experienced an nba finals defeat so it is not as bad
sick.gif

You know its series over when JA chimes in with that...

I dont know how the Mavs are giving/gave this game away. They were up in the third by a good margin.

If series over in the next 30 seconds OKC will benefit from a bit of a break, especially with the condensed schedule this year.

The Thunder are such a hard team to watch
30t6p3b.gif

See you next year Dallas. I hope we can pick up one of your vets
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Cuban better pray Deron Williams still wants to come home, or else this was a colossal *#%# up.

sick.gif

laugh.gif

you never experienced an nba finals defeat so it is not as bad
sick.gif
2006?

harden getting the max

can okc afford him?

Yes. That was a big reason for trading green and kd and Russell taking the low.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

sick.gif

laugh.gif

you never experienced an nba finals defeat so it is not as bad
sick.gif
2006?
Dallas did not lose that series though. It was stolen from them.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Harnden ain't goin nowhere
laugh.gif

Y'all just don't understand..
Have you read the new CBA?

Only way they can keep Harden is if they get rid of Perkins AND Ibaka. But even then, they would likely have to pay the luxury tax.

Pretty sure giving Harden the max would mean getting rid of their bigs

I don't see how they can do it. More likely, they get Harden to take less, then amnesty Perkins.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by buggz05

Harnden ain't goin nowhere
laugh.gif

Y'all just don't understand..
Have you read the new CBA?

Only way they can keep Harden is if they get rid of Perkins AND Ibaka. But even then, they would likely have to pay the luxury tax.

No I haven't actually. Ill definitely have to look into it. Don't want to worry about it right now though
laugh.gif

And I think Aldridge is the missing piece to this team anyways. I hope we can retain Perk/Ibaka/Collison/Aldridge. That's a strong inside presence if Aldridge develops.

Damn thats a disappointing series. Hopefully Deron comes to D town next year! Fun game to watch though, it was controlled terribly by the refs all that much.

Harden, man have i ever disliked a guy so much lol. Hejust couldnt be stopped. How the f*** does he do that? He seems to always be able to get past his man to see no help d and stay in fornt of the basket and finish. I wish i could do that he makes it look so easy!

Im not all too sure if OKC can beat the lakers and San Antonio though
embarassed.gif

I don't see the Spurs getting past round 2
nerd.gif

Parker and Ginobli aren't athletic enough for the thunder, clippers or grizzlies imo

Thunder just too much talent. This series reminded me of when the Kings and Jazz played in the 1st round back in 2002. 

Couldn't Carlisle have switched Marion onto Harden after he started going off?

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

sad that this was the team that won the championships last year, guess they were real lucky
laugh.gif

You serious, brah?

the Heat would of took that championship if they didn't slip up, Dallas was still playing sluggish last year as well. i just don't get how Dirk got MVP last year and has fallen off that quick

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Heat fans I swear

laugh.gif
at Mavs fans when I was walking from the arena. Naturally, people were talking +*@% like "hey, Westbrook suck **** so do you dude in the jersey $##% you," then I turn around to see who said it and everyone turns into schoolgirls and starts looking around and whistling. It was literally that extreme or the other. A lot of other fans were really nice, shook my hand, patted me on the back, encouraged me and said good luck or something like I was on the damn team. There was a nice amount of OKC fans and the ones who were there were more spirited than the Mavs fans. Kats don't even stand through the whole team intro. Same time, I was in the "platinum" seats so maybe they were too fancy up there to stand up, and clap, and cheer.

That OKC chant that broke out when we were up 5 with 38 left was literally louder than they got the entire night and that was just the baseline 2 sections basically.

They didn't have any hope anyways. Even the lady who was concierge for my section, was telling people, "have a good summer, see you next yr" when she gave them their reciepts back and this is during the 3rd when the Mavs were up double digits.

Mavs fans HATE Brandan Haywood. And there was a dude behind me who hates JAson Terry, I mean like would murder his mother, got to a point I was even getting offended because he was getting real borderline racial. He was like, "+!!*$@* Terry, dude is such a MO-RON! Look that's his man scoring again. He plays 1 good game then sucks because he has the IQ of a skunk." then this graphic of a gorilla pounded his chest comes up to get the crowd to chant "de-fense!" and he's like, "exactly, that's what he is, just an animal, dude can run, jump, and shoot but can't think," and at this point I was thinking I was going to hit him, but I'm not bout that getting arrested and spending til Monday in jail/holding life.

It's no secret, but you can't stop James Harden going left with a high screen.

JA21, PM your address and you can have this "All In" shirt and the bullhorn.

They also gave free huge posters facsimile signed by the team that were like 5ft wide (another sign they knew this would be the last time they see their fans) but gave it to you on entrance which made no sense, because they all just ended up crumbled up on the ground because it's just too big and inconvenient to hold the whole time; should've done it on the way out.

I rented a Chrysler 300 to drive down here, and when I got to the hotel it was a Bentley parked outside. I parked beside it.

I got a few pics forthcoming

^I could here the okc crowd on the TV louder than the mavs fans
laugh.gif

Keep hating on loud city
pimp.gif

I mean not staying til the final buzzer IMO was inexcusable. Even if you're upset, you should stay and clap it up for the team one last time. Dudes were fling out with 4 minutes left or whatever it was when the Thunder first cut it to 3.
laugh.gif
at me wearing my Thunder jersey still in Wal Mart just now. People would look at it and start smirking and shaking their head, obviously at the absurdity of how Cuban threw the season. A few started a conversation with me about it. Nobody at Wal Mart acted outta pocket.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

James harden play the 1 better than Westbrook
laugh.gif

That's because Westbrook isn't a 1. I don't know what the hell Brooks is doing with this team man...

Back
Top Bottom