Official time managment/ maximum efficiency thread.. movers, shakers and lazy folks welcome

Alright so I was sitting in class today thinking after being scolded by my ex-military professor for being late. As of lately i've been cutting back on sleep to like 4-6 hours a night thinking i will get more done during the day. However I feel (excuse the italics I cant make em go away) that I am being less productive due to this. I always hear about people saying true grinders dont sleep etc. esp. from people in the music industry like P.Diddy and my brother to name a few. It makes me wonder how in the hell can you be successful in a creative field with no proper sleep. Mind you, im athletic and work out 2 hours a day  everyday and I have a million other things i'd like to do, but Im trying to find the time. 

SO.... This thread is for all tips to get the most done with the maximum efficiency.  I'll looks for some audio links and articles to share...  You guys need to post too. I hope you all accomplish what it is you want . Good Luck!

Alright so I was sitting in class today thinking after being scolded by my ex-military professor for being late. As of lately i've been cutting back on sleep to like 4-6 hours a night thinking i will get more done during the day. However I feel (excuse the italics I cant make em go away) that I am being less productive due to this. I always hear about people saying true grinders dont sleep etc. esp. from people in the music industry like P.Diddy and my brother to name a few. It makes me wonder how in the hell can you be successful in a creative field with no proper sleep. Mind you, im athletic and work out 2 hours a day  everyday and I have a million other things i'd like to do, but Im trying to find the time. 

SO.... This thread is for all tips to get the most done with the maximum efficiency.  I'll looks for some audio links and articles to share...  You guys need to post too. I hope you all accomplish what it is you want . Good Luck!

Good thread, I could definitely maximize my time.

...This is so out there, but my problem is using the rest-room at work. I can't help it, I use it at least 5x a day.

...This is so out there, but my problem is using the rest-room at work. I can't help it, I use it at least 5x a day.

Originally Posted by toast1985

extra breaks ftw
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by toast1985

extra breaks ftw
pimp.gif

Here's a light version of what i;ve found. I'm going to do some curating of the web throughout the week and comeback with the best of what I find.

Here are a few of the best millionaire time management strategies

Email: Only check and respond to emails twice a day. Email is one of the biggest time robbers of our century. Rarely is any email so urgent it can’t wait a few hours. If it is, then a phone call makes more sense. I now check emails around 10 a.m. and again at 5 p.m. each day. That’s it. Everything else after 5 p.m. can wait until the next day without the world crashing down.

Phone Calls: Just like email, answer and return phone calls at scheduled times of the day. Instruct your assistant or receptionist to take messages and inform callers of when they can expect a return call. Leave a voicemail message on your cell phone informing callers that you will return calls at a certain time of the day. If you’re worried about family members or close friends having an emergency and not being able to reach you, give them a “secret ring code

Here's a light version of what i;ve found. I'm going to do some curating of the web throughout the week and comeback with the best of what I find.

Here are a few of the best millionaire time management strategies

Email: Only check and respond to emails twice a day. Email is one of the biggest time robbers of our century. Rarely is any email so urgent it can’t wait a few hours. If it is, then a phone call makes more sense. I now check emails around 10 a.m. and again at 5 p.m. each day. That’s it. Everything else after 5 p.m. can wait until the next day without the world crashing down.

Phone Calls: Just like email, answer and return phone calls at scheduled times of the day. Instruct your assistant or receptionist to take messages and inform callers of when they can expect a return call. Leave a voicemail message on your cell phone informing callers that you will return calls at a certain time of the day. If you’re worried about family members or close friends having an emergency and not being able to reach you, give them a “secret ring code

Coming up:: How multi-tasking is worse than than single focus especially for us Generation Y kids.

Coming up:: How multi-tasking is worse than than single focus especially for us Generation Y kids.

great post ninob1213. I can honestly say that the more technology I come into contact with, the slower my work productivity becomes. Plus when I have conversations with people, they always want to talk to me for hours at a time, ( they say it is my personality) but I just end up coming off rude when I cut people off to head on to doing something else. I guess it's "come off as a prick, but I get all my work done"
laugh.gif
 @ the fat jumpan in your avy putting that last slice of bread on a big @#$ sandwich 

great post ninob1213. I can honestly say that the more technology I come into contact with, the slower my work productivity becomes. Plus when I have conversations with people, they always want to talk to me for hours at a time, ( they say it is my personality) but I just end up coming off rude when I cut people off to head on to doing something else. I guess it's "come off as a prick, but I get all my work done"
laugh.gif
 @ the fat jumpan in your avy putting that last slice of bread on a big @#$ sandwich 

I'm pretty good w. time management. My body clock is screwed up because I've been getting up for work at 5:30 for the past 7 years. That being said, sleeping in (to me) on the weekends is 6:30 (no matter when I go to bed). Don't set an alarm, I just wake up. I get all my working out, errands (beat the crowd), shopping (beat the crowd), and everything out of the way before noon. I love having the rest of my day free to do what I like. I'll usually squeeze in a nap late in the afternoon.

I just don't like having things over my head. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a movie or anything along those lines knowing I had to do some *$$# when I got home.

I hate procrastinating and for projects and things work related, I get a jump on them EARLY. That's when I grind and do my best work. I got co-workers who wait till the last minute to do things and I can see the stress on their faces. I can't operate that way.

I guess the moral of my story is to get a jump on things earlier in your day.

*Speaking of "maximum efficiency..."  Write out your grocery/Target list.  It cuts down on time and you wont buy unnecessary crap when shopping.  If I don't have my list, I'm lost....I'll get home, unload what I bought, and think "damn....what the hell did I buy?" 

Back
Top Bottom