Official TMNT thread, R.I.P to the OG Master Splinter

Originally Posted by Boomatic206

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Besides the OG 4 and Shredder, I'm only lookin' forward to these. Looks like I'll be holding off on the Neca ones as I prefer these
pimp.gif

eb7156d325f8795a3e938163bef08e0f8a19464.pjpg

What's the info on these ones?
Those are the 25th anniversary Edition ones.

Theres are the Neca Edition ones, they came out not to long ago they have white and black versions out too.
2353851099_b2d155b4ef_o.jpg

cant find any retros around my way
frown.gif

and those NECA ones....not feeling them much. especially the hinges.

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=13789
Toy News International reports that Playmates unveiled its upcoming 25th Anniversary Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures. The figures are done in the classic Mirage style, with the four Turtles sans pupils, all with red masks. The style doesn't seem specific to a certain artist or time period, so I suppose they're just generic Mirage comic Turtles.

If this pic was shown a couple of years ago, I would be going ga-ga over these figures. But with the recent release of the super-awesome NECA Turtles, these Playmates figures just aren't up to snuff. There are at least a few things in their favor, though: you can bet that they'll be cheaper and more sturdy.
Also in their favor is that each Turtle will be packaged with a reprint of the original comic. As someone who obsessively tries to get as many TMNT reprints as he can get his hands on, this is definitely a plus for me. I wonder if they will try to tone down the comic's blood and violence since this will presumably be marketed to kids too.

The article also mentions that we'll be getting comic-styled Splinter, Foot, and Shredder figures. Nifty, but again, they can't be better than the NECA figures.

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

cant find any retros around my way
frown.gif

and those NECA ones....not feeling them much. especially the hinges.
those 'hinges' you speak of are points of articulation. imo, the more articulation the action figure has the better you are able tocontrol what the figure can do.

I was just thinkin this the other day! Why not retro toys like they do with kicks lol. Turtle Van Copped. . .

check this out guys,

ouve6g.jpg

neca shredder looks awesome... he looks totally bad *%%... all the other shredders kinda sucked.

Oh snaps, did that NECA Shredder release already? Or was it a special limited edition thing? Also, does Hot Topic have a pretty good stock on these NinjaTurtle toys or no? I'm planning on stopping by after work.

The hot topic where I got my turtles had about 6-8 if I remember correclty (its been about 3 weeks) with 1 donatello and the rest being Leo and Ralphael, andthis was about 30 minutes before close. I go back the next day and all they had left was one Leo. I havent seen another hot topic in my area with these instock since.

Originally Posted by LukeJGo

I was just thinkin this the other day! Why not retro toys like they do with kicks lol. Turtle Van Copped. . .

Transformers & GI Joes have been getting retro'd for the longest. About time other 80's/90's line get the same treatment

Originally Posted by EMkicks

The hot topic where I got my turtles had about 6-8 if I remember correclty (its been about 3 weeks) with 1 donatello and the rest being Leo and Ralphael, and this was about 30 minutes before close. I go back the next day and all they had left was one Leo. I havent seen another hot topic in my area with these in stock since.
Alright...I'll probably stop by the local Hot Topic later tonight and see if they have any.

neca turtles are trash... cmon now they're all in red.. kinda defeats the purpose, lookin like Ralph is runnin around using his brothers toys...

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

neca turtles are trash... cmon now they're all in red.. kinda defeats the purpose, lookin like Ralph is runnin around using his brothers toys...
False, the All Red Turtles were the ORIGINALS. Get it right. The cartoons and movies all originated from the Laird comic books.

Btw, I went to Hot Topic and they had all four...I'll post pics eventually. I'm contemplating whether or not I should open them or not.

Got my Ralphael at Target today
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Told my mom and dad about it and they were laughing

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

check this out guys,

ouve6g.jpg

neca shredder looks awesome... he looks totally bad @@+... all the other shredders kinda sucked.

He looks awesome.. But why is the platform he's standing on full of dog poo?

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

False, the All Red Turtles were the ORIGINALS. Get it right. The cartoons and movies all originated from the Laird comic books.

Btw, I went to Hot Topic and they had all four...I'll post pics eventually. I'm contemplating whether or not I should open them or not.

Hot Topic sells the NECA version or the playmates?

Off subject but does anyone know how much the Joker figures from TDK are going for? I know it has nothing to do with the thread but some of you guys seem tohave a lot of knowledge about action figures.

Hot Topic sells the NECA series.

^^Yeah man I know what you mean up opening them or not. It would be nice to have another set to open up or at least another Ralph and Don

Back
Top Bottom