Official TMNT thread, R.I.P to the OG Master Splinter

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Still on the lookout for Bebop, Rocksteady, April, Splinter
frown.gif
Yup, nothing over on this coast either.
frown.gif

In fact, both my local targets have been cleaned out, not even 1 turtle left.
eek.gif

Not sure if it has been covered yet but NECA Wave 2 of TMNT is still a GO!!!!
TheFwoosh.com E-zine :: Monday, February 16 2009 [table][tr][td]TF2009: NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Update[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Written by SamuRon [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, 15 February 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Amidst rumors of feuding between Playmates, Mirage, and NECA, many Fwooshers have been wondering the fate of second series of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that were shown at last year's San Diego Comic Con. Today, we had the opportunity to speak with Randy Falk, NECA's Director of Product Development. He assured us that they are still planning to ship TMNT series 2 later this year.
The series 2 lineup:
  • Shredder with Utrom
  • April O'Neill with battle-damaged Mouser
  • Foot Ninja with Mouser (articulated jaw)
  • Foot Elite
Furthermore, Randy said that all the internet rumors regarding difficulties between Mirage, Playmates, and NECA are just that - rumors. He did acknowledge that there have been difficulties with series 2, but that they were not related to the relationship between the licensor and licensees.

While the first series of turtles did very well domestically, internationally, the comic property is just not that well known. That resulted in lower overall sales than NECA would have liked. For NECA to produce a specialty line like this, they need the product to do well everywhere, or they need to figure out how to cost the series out at a much smaller production quantity. Even with the army builder angle with the Foot Ninjas, Randy doesn't think they can meet the sales figures of the turtles.

They want series 2 to have the same level of quality as the first, so they won't consider things like making them smaller, or reducing paint or articulation - but that does make costing out the series much more challenging. One cost savings that they will likely enact would be to eliminate the bases. They are also considering doing color variations for the series, as the Foot Ninjas were shown as displayed early in the series but got deeper colors later on. April has also been shown in a variety of different colored jumpsuits.

Randy also mentioned the possibility of exclusives for San Diego Comic Con, around the same time he thinks the series would ship to specialty retailers.

In completely unrelated news, NECA also expects to ship the Shaw Brothers figures this year.

Additional Links [/td] [/tr][/table]
Link: http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1271&Itemid=1http://www.thefwoosh.com/...&id=1271&Itemid=1

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

TheFwoosh.com E-zine :: Monday, February 16 2009 [table][tr][td]TF2009: NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Update[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Written by SamuRon[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, 15 February 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Amidst rumors of feuding between Playmates, Mirage, and NECA, many Fwooshers have been wondering the fate of second series of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that were shown at last year's San Diego Comic Con. Today, we had the opportunity to speak with Randy Falk, NECA's Director of Product Development. He assured us that they are still planning to ship TMNT series 2 later this year.
The series 2 lineup:
  • Shredder with Utrom
  • Foot Elite
Furthermore, Randy said that all the internet rumors regarding difficulties between Mirage, Playmates, and NECA are just that - rumors. He did acknowledge that there have been difficulties with series 2, but that they were not related to the relationship between the licensor and licensees.

While the first series of turtles did very well domestically, internationally, the comic property is just not that well known. That resulted in lower overall sales than NECA would have liked. For NECA to produce a specialty line like this, they need the product to do well everywhere, or they need to figure out how to cost the series out at a much smaller production quantity. Even with the army builder angle with the Foot Ninjas, Randy doesn't think they can meet the sales figures of the turtles.

They want series 2 to have the same level of quality as the first, so they won't consider things like making them smaller, or reducing paint or articulation - but that does make costing out the series much more challenging. One cost savings that they will likely enact would be to eliminate the bases. They are also considering doing color variations for the series, as the Foot Ninjas were shown as displayed early in the series but got deeper colors later on. April has also been shown in a variety of different colored jumpsuits.

Randy also mentioned the possibility of exclusives for San Diego Comic Con, around the same time he thinks the series would ship to specialty retailers.

In completely unrelated news, NECA also expects to ship the Shaw Brothers figures this year.

Link: http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1271&Itemid=1http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1271&Itemid=1http://www.thefwoosh.com/...&id=1271&Itemid=1

Bout time. I've been waiting for this since last spring
main.php

Yo Frenchblue, u going to San Diego Comic Con?! if so i can send u some money via paypal for you to pick me up sum exclusives
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AquaGrape2345

I saw Rocksteady, April and Splinter @ toysRus but just wasnt able to get my self to

So tell me WHY do you deserve to be part of our team if you wont buy the toys?
mad.gif

Yo Frenchblue, u going to San Diego Comic Con?! if so i can send u some money via paypal for you to pick me up sum exclusives
pimp.gif
It's gonna be in July right? I've been planning on it, I am trying to make arrangements, but it's up to my boy if he wants to joinme, cuz I don't want to go alone
frown.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

pimp.gif
It's gonna be in July right? I've been planning on it, I am trying to make arrangements, but it's up to my boy if he wants to join me, cuz I don't want to go alone
frown.gif

Yea i feel you on that... we have a convention here in Orlando called MegaCon..... but my girl said that's where she draws the line
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Let me know if ur going so i could paypal you for sum stuff i would want
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

pimp.gif
It's gonna be in July right? I've been planning on it, I am trying to make arrangements, but it's up to my boy if he wants to join me, cuz I don't want to go alone
frown.gif

Yea i feel you on that... we have a convention here in Orlando called MegaCon..... but my girl said that's where she draws the line
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Let me know if ur going so i could paypal you for sum stuff i would want
pimp.gif

I'll definitely let you know, as soon as I know
laugh.gif

Can any Nter get me a Michelangelo PM please..Paypal ready..I went to target *gateway center* all they had was april.. Id rather have the turtles..but if i hadto chose one it would be Michelangelo

^curious, but no splinter also? and how many aprils were left? I have to get one for a female friend, she's been wanting one since she had it when she waslittle
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

TheFwoosh.com E-zine :: Monday, February 16 2009 [table][tr][td]TF2009: NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Update[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Written by SamuRon[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, 15 February 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Amidst rumors of feuding between Playmates, Mirage, and NECA, many Fwooshers have been wondering the fate of second series of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that were shown at last year's San Diego Comic Con. Today, we had the opportunity to speak with Randy Falk, NECA's Director of Product Development. He assured us that they are still planning to ship TMNT series 2 later this year.
The series 2 lineup:
  • Shredder with Utrom
  • Foot Elite

Link: http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1271&Itemid=1http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1271&Itemid=1http://www.thefwoosh.com/...&id=1271&Itemid=1http://www.thefwoosh.com/...&id=1271&Itemid=1

Bout time. I've been waiting for this since last spring
main.php

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Gordon Liu?! Master Killer?!?!

this i would definitely pick up

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

^curious, but no splinter also? and how many aprils were left? I have to get one for a female friend, she's been wanting one since she had it when she was little
laugh.gif
They had one left..and i didnt cop it..I was so madd they didnt have any turtles..

Back
Top Bottom