Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

If anyone was able to cop a 9/8.5 in the cny ubs, hook a brotha up lol. Willing to repay the favour. Hate that I missed out on them

Oh man! 

I just got DHL'd on an order I received on Nov.15th! 

I totally thought I was in the clear.
One of the worst feelings ever. What was the damage and total purchase price? I recently received two packages from DHL. The first I pre paid the duties so was clear on that one. The second I got but wasn't hit with the duties at delivery but I know they can hit you weeks later (like your case).

One of the worst feelings ever. What was the damage and total purchase price? I recently received two packages from DHL. The first I pre paid the duties so was clear on that one. The second I got but wasn't hit with the duties at delivery but I know they can hit you weeks later (like your case).
I haven't called back yet. They just left a message for me to call them to work it out.

The order was for the Nike x Pendleton Air Max 1 QS.

It was $130US, which converted to $182.54CAD

What would happen if I was to just ignore them?

I haven't called back yet. They just left a message for me to call them to work it out.

In all honesty, they'll likely eventually send your account/file to collections. Depending on the amount, the collections agency may or may not get to you since they may have larger fish to fry. That being said, it'll still show up if your credit is pulled.

I've been wondering this recently what with all the DHL talk. People have said collections but I kinda doubt that, the cost of sending something to collections would be quite high. My gf said she ignored one years ago and never heard anything back. I think it's pretty bad that they bill you later, because you could claim that you would have refused to accept the package if you had known the charges. This is on the fedex site "If the recipient refuses the package or the recipient or third party FedEx account holder refuses to pay for duties and taxes, the original shipper will be billed for duties and taxes." So maybe if you ignore it it will be charged to the sender.

AtEaze at STC is closing soon, a lot of good deals. ALL JORDAN RETRO with 30% off, like AJ6 Black cat and 16, even some AJ3 true blue.

Cop 8.5 timberland 10061 174 after tax.

In all honesty, they'll likely eventually send your account/file to collections. Depending on the amount, the collections agency may or may not get to you since they may have larger fish to fry. That being said, it'll still show up if your credit is pulled.

I've been wondering this recently what with all the DHL talk. People have said collections but I kinda doubt that, the cost of sending something to collections would be quite high. My gf said she ignored one years ago and never heard anything back. I think it's pretty bad that they bill you later, because you could claim that you would have refused to accept the package if you had known the charges. This is on the fedex site "If the recipient refuses the package or the recipient or third party FedEx account holder refuses to pay for duties and taxes, the original shipper will be billed for duties and taxes." So maybe if you ignore it it will be charged to the sender.
Damn. I'm not trying to mess up my credit or screw anyone over. I was just legit curious. 

So dumb how they can come at you so many weeks after the fact.

I want to play it cool and say I barely even remember receiving them, but I was so jacked when they arrived next day.

I wouldn't exactly ignore it.

Believe it or not it doesn't cost much if at all for a collection company to collect.  That's mainly because most of them get paid based on a percentage of the amount they CAN collect.  So it gives them actual incentive to.  What's messed up is if they put it against your credit score, which may sound outrageous but it is a threat that nobody should take lightly.

How do I know this?  I have family that works for the city, and that's how they go about things.  Uncollected amount? > forward to collection agency > Still no collection? > Credit agency is called.  Then again I'm not sure how DHL goes about their collection.

Coming from someone who knows the collections industry through audit..

The cost of sending something to collections isn't one transaction.
They sell your collections in batch (think 1000s of delinquents) to an agency once they deem it too difficult to recover.

For example - DHL will sell $1M of bad receivable for say.. $100k. The collection agency will make the difference on what they collect from you
This will go on your credit report when DHL sends it to collections.

Coming from someone who knows the collections industry through audit..

The cost of sending something to collections isn't one transaction.
They sell your collections in batch (think 1000s of delinquents) to an agency once they deem it too difficult to recover.

For example - DHL will sell $1M of bad receivable for say.. $100k. The collection agency will make the difference on what they collect from you
This will go on your credit report when DHL sends it to collections.
What I mean by costs too high is that they aren't going to take you to court for 50 bucks in unpaid duty. A lot of these companies will make enough through the threat of collections that they won't need to proceed any further than that. So then your just weighing up how likely it is to hit your credit score and how much damage it would do to your score.

+1... collections are done through various types of deals.  The company that you owe could sell it for a cut price to a collection agency or they can have a deal with a collection agency where they are given a commission for collecting debt.  As debt ages and becomes harder to collect, businesses will usually offer higher commission %'s to collection agencies if they are able to recover funds.  I review credit applications and collection items can have different implications depending on amount, how recent it is and what it's for. 

Last edited:
I'm not sure about DHL, but UPS sends any unpaid amount to Collections, I know that because I ignored their notices back when I ordered something in High School and I got calls from a Collection agency. Never did that again. 

When you sign for a package with DHL does it explicitly state anywhere that you agree to pay any customs fees at a later date? Looking through the T&Cs it seems responsibility lies with the sender, so that's who would go to collections.

Why do they call stance socks instance here?
think it has to do with the packaging.  I've always called them stance socks but I've seen on some labels, it shows the word "in" in a different font/greyed out and then followed by stance.  I don't have a pic at the moment.

AtEaze at STC is closing soon, a lot of good deals. ALL JORDAN RETRO with 30% off, like AJ6 Black cat and 16, even some AJ3 true blue.
Cop 8.5 timberland 10061 174 after tax.

Is this for real? . anyone wanna cop true blue in size 13 ? Im out of town for a jiu jitsu seminar .

I'd cop after inspecting several pairs. That or snag one here at that sale n swap it later on.

I had a pair that was slanted, midsole not painted completely, glue stains on the leather and all over the sock liner

I'd cop after inspecting several pairs. That or snag one here at that sale n swap it later on.

I had a pair that was slanted, midsole not painted completely, glue stains on the leather and all over the sock liner
That's horrible, do you think they'll sit until next week?

Is this for real? . anyone wanna cop true blue in size 13 ? Im out of town for a jiu jitsu seminar .

Oh man, if you asked a week ago, I could have got those for 225 tax in but I think the sale is over...
I offered it to another NTer here but he passed on them too!

If anyone is interested - I have a $250 FTL/Champs card for $200 - PM Me

Last edited:
To the guys considering avoiding Dhl duties, I wouldn't do that unless the address connected to you has nothing registered to it (eg credit cards, bank accounts, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom