Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

If I may touch back on shipping/duties woes:

I have a jacket with a choice of DHL express or USPS priority for $30 more. If I go with DHL but mark the value as $40, would I still run the risk of getting raped by duties despite the low value?

It's a denim jacket that I paid $120 for, but the regular price is $350
I had a pear of 750s which were shipped via DHL, and they calculated duties strictly based on the declared amount. Declared amount was $195 USD, and I think my bill was like $30-40?

Discussed this a bit in the Yeezy Boost thread, but figured I would post here to see if I could get a more concrete response.

Has anybody ever tried to ask Essentials for a size swap? If so, how'd it go? Do they charge?
my friend asked before for v2 size swap.

They want $100 on top.

my friend asked before for v2 size swap.

They want $100 on top.
Interesting, thanks! Was hoping around the $50 mark at most. Who knows, maybe they'll be in dire need of a size 10.5 when/if I go in lol.

Last edited:
Do you guys think that a Space Jam 11s for the black toe 1s a good trade?

I think its a fair trade. Space Jams and Black Toes are selling/asking for around the same price $380-450. But really its up to you, if you think it's worth it and which shoe you want more. Good luck

Last edited:
So slight update on my situation with Canada Post. They are claiming Asendia is to blame even though the package was lost on their watch. I'm not even sure how I can get my money back because it says delivered and there was no sign on delivery. Canada Post has been no help at all basically stating that Urban Outfitters has to start a claim and that whatever insurance money (if any) Canada Post has to pay will go directly to UO. What kind of garbage is that? 

So slight update on my situation with Canada Post. They are claiming Asendia is to blame even though the package was lost on their watch. I'm not even sure how I can get my money back because it says delivered and there was no sign on delivery. Canada Post has been no help at all basically stating that Urban Outfitters has to start a claim and that whatever insurance money (if any) Canada Post has to pay will go directly to UO. What kind of garbage is that? 
Damn, I think Canada Post is to blame if their the one's who lost it. What did you order?

Did you pay through paypal or through CC? I find that buyers hold the majority/if not all the power in situations such as this. You should file a chargeback through your CC company or file a dispute/claim through paypal that you haven't received the item. I mentioned before that there are buyers who are lying sacks of crap who make up BS about not getting a package to just to get said item for free. Since your item was genuinely stolen or lost, I think this is your only course of action to take.

Did you pay through paypal or through CC? I find that buyers hold the majority/if not all the power in situations such as this. You should file a chargeback through your CC company or file a dispute/claim through paypal that you haven't received the item. I mentioned before that there are buyers who are lying sacks of crap who make up BS about not getting a package to just to get said item for free. Since your item was genuinely stolen or lost, I think this is your only course of action to take.
That's smart! I totally forgot about paypal! If it doesn't magically get delivered because a postman left it in his truck, I'll file a claim through paypal. 

If anyone is interested in the 2016 Jordan 4 cement in a size 11.5, my colleague is selling them for retail. PM if you are, thanks.

That's smart! I totally forgot about paypal! If it doesn't magically get delivered because a postman left it in his truck, I'll file a claim through paypal. 
Depends how you paid through paypal.  If you paid with CC, you have chargeback rights.  If you paid with paypal balance or withdrawn from your bank account, you might have a harder time.  There's a reason why paypal charges less fees and used to encourage people to pay with anything other than CC when they were with ebay.

Last edited:
I went on a 90s throwback binge and copped these Champion Reverse Weave hoodies. Its not the cheap cotton/polyblend hoodies that walmart use to sell.

Contact UO first before doing a chargeback. Merchants want to limit the number of chargebacks against their accounts because it raises their fees. If they don't do anything at first, threaten a chargeback and you may find that they'll then just refund you instead.

Last edited:

Depends how you paid through paypal.  If you paid with CC, you have chargeback rights.  If you paid with paypal balance or withdrawn from your bank account, you might have a harder time.  There's a reason why paypal charges less fees and used to encourage people to pay with anything other than CC when they were ebay.
I weirdly got a refund notice from Urban Outfitter... It's showing up as returned on my order as well. Nothing on Paypal yet but I paid through my debit on paypal because I just wanted to pay as quickly as possible. I usually get an email from paypal as soon as the funds have been returned. Let's see how this plays out. 

I weirdly got a refund notice from Urban Outfitter... It's showing up as returned on my order as well. Nothing on Paypal yet but I paid through my debit on paypal because I just wanted to pay as quickly as possible. I usually get an email from paypal as soon as the funds have been returned. Let's see how this plays out. 
Aaaaand just got refunded on paypal. That was a super quick resolution. 

Congrats! That's why I usually pay with paypal with making online purchases, just incase something happens.
Wasn't even through paypal technically, haha. I sent a DM to Urban Outfitter's help twitter page and I think it was handled there. Or Canada Post confirmed the package was lost. Hopefully it doesn't turn up or I'll feel like a jerk and have to return it.

Wasn't even through paypal technically, haha. I sent a DM to Urban Outfitter's help twitter page and I think it was handled there. Or Canada Post confirmed the package was lost. Hopefully it doesn't turn up or I'll feel like a jerk and have to return it.
If it turns up and gets delivered, don't return it at all... This wasn't your fault. Enjoy your free pair of sneakers lol.

Last edited:

If it turns up and gets delivered, don't return it at all... This wasn't your fault. Enjoy your free pair of sneakers lol.
That's really poor advice. I commend his initial post of returning them if they show up. Some people don't believe in karma but being a ****** person will get back around to you one way or another...

Back
Top Bottom