Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

@Chin tai    

@BlackChiney08

Yup, its frustrating to see a good deal get ruined but I wouldn't bother getting too heated about it or go out of my way to insult someone over it. It's usually just on to the next. Those RFD dudes though, entirely different breed 
laugh.gif
It's almost like they feel entitled to deals or that they're owed something for the amount of time they spend "deal hunting"
laugh.gif
. I know a lot in here would probably defend re selling to a degree like it's everyone's right to try to make a small profit if they want, but I can't stand it. I don't view it as "fair game" to make a profit but rather hoarding goods that should be available to everyone. I feel people who defend it are only the ones who are doing the re selling so obviously they wouldn't be against it.

Clearly that one guy buying like 3-4 pairs of the Orca racers got a bunch in here heated about it, while others defended the guy...

Anyone here heading to the sneaker show this sat? Never been to a show like this before, thinking if it's worth the drive + the crazy entry fees with my girl
similar to what @ZeroRegret said, it's not necessarily the best place to score deals but a great place to network with some local sneakerheads if you're interested.  I went to the last event downtown at the Sheraton and it was nice to meet some of the local guys like the Canada Got Sole and Sole Firm guys but i didn't walk away finding any steals.

It's almost like they feel entitled to deals or that they're owed something for the amount of time they spend "deal hunting"
laugh.gif
. I know a lot in here would probably defend re selling to a degree like it's everyone's right to try to make a small profit if they want, but I can't stand it. I don't view it as "fair game" to make a profit but rather hoarding goods that should be available to everyone. I feel people who defend it are only the ones who are doing the re selling so obviously they wouldn't be against it.

Clearly that one guy buying like 3-4 pairs of the Orca racers got a bunch in here heated about it, while others defended the guy...
I guess I fall into the latter category but I don't feel that it's as simple as that. I do resell somewhat often but my reasoning behind it is that the sneaker market practically forces you to resell once in a while unless you're just willing to pay resale on all the sneakers you want. I personally just flip shoes I pick up and buy older releases that I want. Right now I'm trying to get the Jordan 12 OVO in white and the Jordan 1 Banned, the way I see it what I do is similar to someone picking up an extra pair as "trade bait". 

I think what that guy did was a little different though. Not only did he go to an outlet and pick up like 4 or 5 pairs, he was also lying about where he got the shoes and said he was losing money on the deal. That's why he got called out on it and a lot of people in here were pissed off. 

And about RFD, I love those guys lol. I got the most amazing Rogers deal because it leaked on RFD. 1GBps internet and VIP cable for 90 a month. 

Last edited:
Who cares if he lied about where he got the shoes? Jesus Christ why do people feel entitled to a deal or free things???
roll.gif
I personally didn't care about any of it, in my eyes there are a ton of people that do stuff like that on Kijiji. It is wrong in my opinion but I just don't care any more. I think what upset people though was the fact that he cleared out inventory of a certain size at the outlet that people wanted and then he was lying about what he paid for the shoes(wasn't admitting that he got them on discount at the outlet). Pretty much making it seem like he was losing on the deal when he was actually making a profit. I guess that just didn't sit well with people, which I understand especially if you wanted to buy that shoe from the outlet. 

Who cares if he lied about where he got the shoes? Jesus Christ why do people feel entitled to a deal or free things??? :rofl:

I personally didn't care about any of it, in my eyes there are a ton of people that do stuff like that on Kijiji. It is wrong in my opinion but I just don't care any more. I think what upset people though was the fact that he cleared out inventory of a certain size at the outlet that people wanted and then he was lying about what he paid for the shoes(wasn't admitting that he got them on discount at the outlet). Pretty much making it seem like he was losing on the deal when he was actually making a profit. I guess that just didn't sit well with people, which I understand especially if you wanted to buy that shoe from the outlet. 

People should have gotten there first then. You snooze, you lose. Not my problem though, if people wanna get bitter over frivolous things then go ahead.

People should have gotten there first then. You snooze, you lose. Not my problem though, if people wanna get bitter over frivolous things then go ahead.
Damn. I'll remember this the next time there's a cold outbreak. I'll go to all the local pharmacies and buy up all the medication.

You asked for an explanation, then proceed to say you don't care.

Last edited:
I've seen people try to resell road salt...  you should check kijiji when there's an ice storm and that stuff is sold out everywhere.  The amount of greed these days is ridiculous.  I'd understand if it was something that was considered a "need" but shoes are "wants".  If people don't get a shoe, just move on.  There will always be more shoes or other deals to be had.

Damn. I'll remember this the next time there's a cold outbreak. I'll go to all the local pharmacies and buy up all the medication.

You asked for an explanation, then proceed to say you don't care.

Yeah I'm baffled. I needed an explanation because I'm truly shocked. Thank you for the explanation to whoever provided it.

It's just sneakers...if someone is buying up all the stock so be it, i don't understand why this needs to be a topic of conversation when it's been going on for the

longest time.

if sneakers to you is a necessity, then i can understand you being upset with this situation, but lets hope it's not.

It's just sneakers...if someone is buying up all the stock so be it, i don't understand why this needs to be a topic of conversation when it's been going on for the
longest time.
if sneakers to you is a necessity, then i can understand you being upset with this situation, but lets hope it's not.

Exactly.

It shouldn't have upset anyone other than the fact they were salty they didn't get a pair LOL. Literally ALL the points you just made is the entire point/reason of re selling. Why would he tell the truth about where he got them from and the price he paid if he was trying to MAKE money. Common sense people.

People will get mad at someone regular like us trying to make a dollar but won't get upset at a corporation that makes the most profit.

I've seen people try to resell road salt...  you should check kijiji when there's an ice storm and that stuff is sold out everywhere.  The amount of greed these days is ridiculous.  I'd understand if it was something that was considered a "need" but shoes are "wants".  If people don't get a shoe, just move on.  There will always be more shoes or other deals to be had.
I blame capitalism, wall street, stock market, and even authorized stores, they are all resellers and greedy at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom