Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

There just weren't that many people into sneakers back then and most that were played ball.  If you rocked Jays, you were probably balling in them instead of walking on the street in them, because you didn't want to mess up the grip.

I think for many of us that came up during that time, it was about grabbing those pairs we missed out on when we were younger and lacked the funds to get.  For myself at least, once I grabbed most of those pairs, I was pretty much done and satisfied.

One thing that has changed is what happens when I do come across someone rocking kicks.  If I saw someone rocking a pair of Tiff SB's before,  It would be a head nod and acknowledgement of us both being in the game.  Nowadays, if I see a Ultra Boost, I'm kind of thinking ****, another hypebeast rocking these too?  You could say the community aspect of it all is mostly dead.
Before sneakers went mainstream long ago most of us only had one or two pairs of new sneakers a year or longer, even if it was heat the shoes had to do everything cuz we were just kids going to school that didn't require uniforms. It was about sports performance just as much as about everyday wear. Also people at most only had a Starter jacket and cap to support their favorite sports teams, hypebeasts were rare in Toronto because even street fashion in itself was a subculture, usually foreign and may subject to be clowned upon by avg folks.

Last edited:

Before sneakers went mainstream long ago most of us only had one or two pairs of new sneakers a year or longer, even if it was heat the shoes had to do everything cuz we were just kids going to school that didn't require uniforms. It was about sports performance just as much as about everyday wear. Also people at most only had a Starter jacket and cap to support their favorite sports teams, hypebeasts were rare because even street fashion in itself was a subculture and usually foreign.
A lot of truth. I think less than like 10% of those buying Ultra Boost don't even RUN in them when they are engineered to be running shoes. It's definitely the same with the other hyped sneakers as well. Not only just that. The "sneaker game" has caused a whole bunch to box and keep certain sneakers deadstock instead of enjoying wearing them due to value in the future etc. I would never buy a sneaker I didn't plan on wearing right away.

A lot of truth. I think less than like 10% of those buying Ultra Boost don't even RUN in them when they are engineered to be running shoes. It's definitely the same with the other hyped sneakers as well. Not only just that. The "sneaker game" has caused a whole bunch to box and keep certain sneakers deadstock instead of enjoying wearing them due to value in the future etc. I would never buy a sneaker I didn't plan on wearing right away.

wasnt SB dunks made for skateboarders and airmaxes made for runners? how many of you skateboarded in your tiff SB or ran in your atmos?! wasnt air jordans made for bball? [emoji]128514[/emoji]

fundemental of having a hot shoe regardless of purpose hasnt changed but the toxic-selfish aspect of game (raffle, camping, surprise launches, backdooring, bots, etc) has taken over

fyi dat pearl grey UB was sitting pretty much fsr yesterday @ FA EC

Last edited:
wasnt SB dunks made for skateboarders and airmaxes made for runners? how many of you skateboarded in your tiff SB or ran in your atmos?! wasnt air jordans made for bball? [emoji]128514[/emoji]

fundemental of having a hot shoe regardless of purpose hasnt changed but the toxic-selfish aspect of game (raffle, camping, surprise launches, backdooring, bots, etc) has taken over

fyi dat pearl grey UB was sitting pretty much fsr yesterday @ FA EC
The sheer amount of a**holes asking 400-550 for Reigning Champ Ultra Boosts ALL OVER KIJIJI shows you how bad this problem really is. Obviously I'm not aware of the exact amount of stock that was dropped within Toronto and sold online, but there's easily 20-50 pairs on Kijiji all with high re seller prices.

So to what you were saying. The problem are these selfish pricks who don't even want the shoes to wear. They want to exploit and profit off people. Adidas/Consortium Stores don't give ANY FUKCS about the re selling or huge hype. That's exactly what they want so whoever reported to Adidas of the Haven incident etc was just wasting their time. Nothing will be done because they want this to continue to happen. It's only helping Adidas gain more hype and continue to run the well oiled machine.

Here's the list from Thursday (got there at 10am, was 14th (?) in line). Ended up walking out with the following, will be going back tomorrow for last dibs and probably those w+h Gazelles. Would've grabbed more, but work lol.
Hey thats me on the left in your crowd pic! I went back yesterday morning and the collab footwear was marked down to $75...maybe it gets further reduced today?

Hey thats me on the left in your crowd pic! I went back yesterday morning and the collab footwear was marked down to $75...maybe it gets further reduced today?
Sick! Tempted to go line up now, but at the same time I'm wondering if they're going to firesale everything at the end of the day haha.

Sick! Tempted to go line up now, but at the same time I'm wondering if they're going to firesale everything at the end of the day haha.
I was thinking the same but medium and large were pretty bare as it is when I had gone yesterday. Though I wonder if there will be additional markdowns on the outerwear. 

Before sneakers went mainstream long ago most of us only had one or two pairs of new sneakers a year or longer, even if it was heat the shoes had to do everything cuz we were just kids going to school that didn't require uniforms. It was about sports performance just as much as about everyday wear. Also people at most only had a Starter jacket and cap to support their favorite sports teams, hypebeasts were rare in Toronto because even street fashion in itself was a subculture, usually foreign and may subject to be clowned upon by avg folks.

Exactly!

One pair of shoes in September. That's your main shoe for the rest of the school year. By May/June, everyone's Nike (if he/she was even fortunate enough to have gotten a pair from the parents) was what would now be described as 1.5/10 condition. The "air bubble" would have been popped. You had used them for walking to school, gym class, playing pogs, walking home, field trips...everything. If you were on the ball team then you probably had an extra pair of shoes strictly for indoor use, but I think that was mainly for high school kids.

Nobody in their right minds would have paid more than retail for a pair of shoes.

I was thinking the same but medium and large were pretty bare as it is when I had gone yesterday. Though I wonder if there will be additional markdowns on the outerwear. 
Yeah that's what I had heard too, I'd be down for an olive crewneck/pullover (least popular colour) and maybe some Sea to Summit if there's any left. Footwear might be better.

Yeah that's what I had heard too, I'd be down for an olive crewneck/pullover (least popular colour) and maybe some Sea to Summit if there's any left. Footwear might be better.
How much were those crewneck pull overs in olive?

This is a long shot, but does anyone have a receipt for a pair of Crazy Explosives (black primeknit) in the last 6 months? Lace loops snapped on mine and adidas won't replace with out one.

For me, the shoe that shook things up was the Jordan XVII.  It coincided with Jordan's comeback and was outrageously priced.  I believe it retailed for $300 cad, which was crazy money back then and I remember thinking how dumb it was that anyone would be willing to pay that much for a shoe.  I don't think the shoe sold all that well, but it did show some people were willing to pay insane prices for sneakers.  

The Nike SB's I feel were what started the acceptability in rocking a shoe because it looks nice, rather than for function.  Before that, I didn't really know anyone that bought Jays who didn't play ball or bought runners who didn't run in them.  

Ya most of the comments are spot on/true. The mass appeal of sneakers has gained huge traction. I agree with whoever mentioned that back in the day, those into sneakers were pretty much exclusively Ball players or athletes/jocks. I've played ball my whole life and distinctly remember wanting the Air Flight Turbulence so bad when Damon Stoudamire wore them on the Raptors. Jordans have always been there but I've always been more for the obscure and somewhat different releases. Also loved the Nike Air Bake'em when Tim Hardaway wore them for the Heat. I could even say I was far more of a Penny shoe fan (foamposites) than a majority of Jordans.

These were so ugly too lmao

Last edited:
For me, the shoe that shook things up was the Jordan XVII.  It coincided with Jordan's comeback and was outrageously priced.  I believe it retailed for $300 cad, which was crazy money back then and I remember thinking how dumb it was that anyone would be willing to pay that much for a shoe.  I don't think the shoe sold all that well, but it did show some people were willing to pay insane prices for sneakers.  

The Nike SB's I feel were what started the acceptability in rocking a shoe because it looks nice, rather than for function.  Before that, I didn't really know anyone that bought Jays who didn't play ball or bought runners who didn't run in them.  

I remember Athlete's World promoting the XVII when it first came out, with the metal case and CD that came with it. First Jordan I ever bought, albeit it was on sale at an outlet in New Jersey lol, $300 back then was insane, still is today.

that dumb@ss was me. full retail on release date only to see it dwindle down to $199 a month later

Ya most of the comments are spot on/true. The mass appeal of sneakers has gained huge traction. I agree with whoever mentioned that back in the day, those into sneakers were pretty much exclusively Ball players or athletes/jocks. I've played ball my whole life and distinctly remember wanting the Air Flight Turbulence so bad when Damon Stoudamire wore them on the Raptors. Jordans have always been there but I've always been more for the obscure and somewhat different releases. Also loved the Nike Air Bake'em when Tim Hardaway wore them for the Heat. I could even say I was far more of a Penny shoe fan (foamposites) than a majority of Jordans.

These were so ugly too lmao

ugly? what are you talkin bout mang? those turbulence are sick!!! they were like a knock down version of something but that patent set it off. thnx for bringing that shoe up

Last edited:
Sizing of RC clothing?

My daughter is at the sale and she's asking if I want some clothing.

Thanks

Sizing of RC clothing?

My daughter is at the sale and she's asking if I want some clothing.

Thanks

I'm 195#, 42R in most suits and 6'2" tall, a large in RC fits me fine. Can you ask her if there's still Gazelles left and what's the prices like? Any larges left in anything?

Back
Top Bottom