Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

The recent shift in fashion as far as slim fit PLUS comfort definitely put basketball sneakers like Foams and certain NBA player signature shoes to back burner. Too big and clunky when wearing slimmer pants and sweats. Jordan Brand's current funk is due to oversaturation, the price increase for better "quality" and adidas delivering quality product plus their execution partnering with big stars. The general interest in JB will probably pick up a little next year when the company switches making marquee GRs limited.

A few people asked if I was going to SneakerCon last week, I didn't even know it was hitting Toronto. I've never been the one to attend these things, seeing how these events go down in the US, it's just straight cringeworthy. Judging from the responses it went down exactly how I envisioned it....AND IT WAS $32?! :lol: :smh:.

Couldn't make the opening party on Friday but I definitely have to check out the new Haven soon. From the pics it looks big and great overall. Probably my favourite buildout (between them and LS Roncy).

Went to Dixie on Friday, no line up to get in. They also told me that they had boxes of shipment in the back that they'd be putting out on the weekend. I heard VM is offering $10 coupon codes with reciept, not the case with Dixie.
Either it was good stuff and it got scooped up or the stuff was so blah that it didn't catch my attention. I went yesterday around 3-4pm, the selection and pricing was pretty much the same as the opening week, no additional discount on anything. Lineup to get in was about 20 min, to pay was 30 min. After I left the store, the power went out in half the mall, then fire alarms went off and everyone in the mall had to be evacuated, people that didn't checkout were asked to leave so really sucks if you spent all that time in line and couldn't get anything.

Only thing of note, is this hypermesh jacket for $54.99 (saw M-XXL):
sportswear-tech-hypermesh-varsity-jacket.jpg

Couldn't make the opening party on Friday but I definitely have to check out the new Haven soon. From the pics it looks big and great overall. Probably my favourite buildout (between them and LS Roncy).

Is it me or does the "new" Haven look like a bigger version of the old Stussy store at 431 Richmond? Was the build out done by Qwest?

Anyone else went to sneakecon?

I got invited to do the 5 hour custom challenge for Ace Of Customs for Sneakercon. I dont really post as much on IG (or at all haha) as the other 2 competitors (Ceezemc from New York and JBOairbrush from Calgary) but somehow THEY found me to rep. I've been customizing as a hobby for over 15 years now and it was a bless opportunity as XBOX was the official sponsor and no such as thing as bad PR right? We had two days to plan a concept based on 3 diff games; Assassins Creed, Shadow of War(mine) and Sea of Thieves, the base was an Adidas NMD.

20171014_194554_HDR.jpg

Didn't go home with the champion ace of customs plaque but it was a dope experience and networking opportunity. The worst/hardest parts of the day might have been the interviews -__-, dreadful and extremely cringe worthy when it ends up on YT on my part.
20171015_151239.jpg
wish i had a stencil to do the toebox proper but at the end I ended up doing a Xbox power button in a Gucci inspired cross pattern on the NMD inner pod and I made 1 out of 20 of them a "red ring of death". I later learned the sponsor did not like that ... SMH i thought it was cool haha .

As for the crowd, you guys said it all. the market these days is nuts. could not believe these kids get ups aha. lucky the convention wasnt anywhere in North York bwahaha

Attachments

• 20171015_151239.jpg
    20171015_151239.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20171015_151239.jpg
    20171015_151239.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20171015_151239.jpg
    20171015_151239.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Is it me or does the "new" Haven look like a bigger version of the old Stussy store at 431 Richmond? Was the build out done by Qwest?

Was actually the owners (both brothers) and their dad that did the build out. So dope.

Back
Top Bottom