Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I've lined up for lots of things in life, but yes, it is getting ridiculous in Toronto. Early adopters get caught up, but on the other hand it's also good cuz that means Toronto has an economy to support businesses in the city. Pros and cons to everything I guess.

Raffles for these kinda things would make this process wayyyyy less painful. Or just sell online lol.

For an organization like MLSE, they do a poor job looking out for the customer experience. And that includes the most tragedy we saw at the Championship Parade.

I think live in-store raffles would be the most fair

Toronto is the line-up capital of the world. With that being said, for this it makes sense since it was a popular item during their championship season last year.

It's the lining up for nonsense like ice cream (Bang Bang) free bagels, restaurant openings (Eataly last weekend), stale cake from a vending machine (Cake Boss) that boggles my mind. :lol:

Don't forget the Jordan 306 store, Chick-Fil-A, Uncle Tetsu, Cheesecake Factory, Jollibee, mediocre ramen*...list goes on and on. Just wait like 2 months and you're good. And yes, the Raps Parade was on the biggest scale of them all.
I love this city, but the problem is Torontonians need the latest shiny new thing while also unable to act like they've been there. Who else remembers when Conan did some shows here and the audiences kept acting a fool/waving at the camera non-stop, etc. smh

*now if they brought in Ichiran, THAT'S something worth lining up for. Locals in Japan (and myself) will confirm

Honestly, there are lines everywhere. I don't think the excessive lines are exclusive to Toronto. I was in Tokyo when an NMD was releasing (back when those were popular) and there was a 2 hour lineup to enter a raffle at an Adidas store. That's just how big cities work. Think about Supreme, KITH treats, and so on. I don't think it's a Toronto exclusive thing. Hell, I know people who have waited an hour in the cold in Montreal to get special edition beers...

Honestly, there are lines everywhere. I don't think the excessive lines are exclusive to Toronto. I was in Tokyo when an NMD was releasing (back when those were popular) and there was a 2 hour lineup to enter a raffle at an Adidas store. That's just how big cities work. Think about Supreme, KITH treats, and so on. I don't think it's a Toronto exclusive thing. Hell, I know people who have waited an hour in the cold in Montreal to get special edition beers...

good take here.

Don't forget the Jordan 306 store, Chick-Fil-A, Uncle Tetsu, Cheesecake Factory, Jollibee, mediocre ramen*...list goes on and on.

I love this city, but the problem is Torontonians need the latest shiny new thing while also unable to act like they've been there.

Aside from 306 Yonge, I haven't gone to any of those other businesses listed because of potential lineups and wait times. It's a part of life, I'm just at that stage that I rather avoid it. If I can't walk in and out, I'm good.

To the second point I'd say most people do it to say they lined up, FOMO, or simply for Instagram.

Speaking of CFA, a second location is opening at Yorkdale.

I haven't experienced CFA here but I tried it for the 1st time in NYC and despite huge lines you're in and out within 10 minutes. While you're in line a handful of employees with tablets are taking down your order. Not sure what the system is here but I probably won't have it here until the lines die down, if that ever happens.

I haven't experienced CFA here but I tried it for the 1st time in NYC and despite huge lines you're in and out within 10 minutes. While you're in line a handful of employees with tablets are taking down your order. Not sure what the system is here but I probably won't have it here until the lines die down, if that ever happens.

CFA from my experiences in the States, hands down has the best hospitality out of any fast food chain.

They offered to fill my Kleen Kanteen with water, we got free sandwich cards because the wait in line took longer than THEY wanted, staff came to drop off mints when we were done eating, and they took our trays for us. Never seen/experienced anything like that here at all but the service is one thing that's always stood out to me whenever I'm at one. (still haven't been to CFA here either).

They do the tablet thing when drive thru lines get backed up as well.

CFA from my experiences in the States, hands down has the best hospitality out of any fast food chain.

They offered to fill my Kleen Kanteen with water, we got free sandwich cards because the wait in line took longer than THEY wanted, staff came to drop off mints when we were done eating, and they took our trays for us. Never seen/experienced anything like that here at all but the service is one thing that's always stood out to me whenever I'm at one. (still haven't been to CFA here either).

I've still avoided it for the line. But also, the judgement from many peers... I want to try it, but maybe when the hype dies down and I can't get caught by anyone for being in that line... Or you know. Cancel culture friends move onto something else.

The lineup to order was fast but I waited prb 15 20 mins to get my food. A monitor with order numbers like McDonald's would be helpful

While I was in NY a new CFA opened up next door to Shake Shack in October, across from Barclays Center. Perfect since its close to where I usually stay over there. The other 2 locations are in Manhattan. Anyways, went to the Raps/Nets final pre-season game and my dumb *** went to CFA after the game forgetting the let out crowd from Barclays crowd would be there too. It was the 1st real cold night and that line was so long it stretched to outside. The homies and I figured to just suck it up and line up so we did, but shockingly it moved SO fast. 10 min wait from when we jumped in line to getting our food.

What else is there to look forward to release wise this final 1 1/2 months? Bred 11s (again :emoji_rolling_eyes:) and a bunch of Yeezys?

What else is there to look forward to release wise this final 1 1/2 months? Bred 11s (again :emoji_rolling_eyes:) and a bunch of Yeezys?

I really like the G Dragon AF1s coming out this weekend. Other hyped stuff for the rest of the year? I think the Off-White Dunks are dropping next month. And yeah, a few Yeezys. The Doernbecher stuff. Those ugly OW Waffle Racers. The only thing I'm really waiting for is the Supreme Bogo hoodie though. And that's not going to be a local release obviously. Though speaking of lines, a Supreme store would KILL in Toronto.

bred 11 looking good. but there's really no rush to get em, too many pairs gonna be floating
along with restocks. might even be able to snag em without the hassle for retail off someone
if you're patient

Any y’all know where to look for deals on NB 990 v5?

Just got back from Japan and my feet were crying the whole trip.

Bring back low cut patent XI’s forreals

No other shoes catch my eye at all. Shoes are a cyclical thing and I think the bubble should burst soontimes

Any y’all know where to look for deals on NB 990 v5?

Just got back from Japan and my feet were crying the whole trip.

this

Can’t find no deals anywhere, even the NB outlet at TPO has v5 at retail still

Toronto is the line-up capital of the world. With that being said, for this it makes sense since it was a popular item during their championship season last year.

It's the lining up for nonsense like ice cream (Bang Bang) free bagels, restaurant openings (Eataly last weekend), stale cake from a vending machine (Cake Boss) that boggles my mind. :lol:

Bro I went to that new Japanese spot by Dundas and Mutual last weekend. I got there 2min after opening and it was packed. When I left there was a line down Dundas :lol: :smh:

What spot :nerd:

IMG_20191110_171430.jpg

Back
Top Bottom