Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Pre-orders were certainly more civil on release day, but highly corruptable otherwise.
In what way?
I would see it being corrupt in the sense that, employees could give all their friends and family first notice to pre-order, or the fact that re-sellers can pre-order a pair at every store. FCFS at least gives everyone a chance to pick them up and makes it more difficult for resellers to pickup multiple pairs, as they are generally released on the same day at around the same time.

But for a release like the gamma's with so many pairs to go around, pre-orders would have definitely been a better option can't see preorders selling out instantly. However you take it, as long as there's hype, there's gonna be flaws with whatever system they do. 

Pre-order dates were always ambiguous and in many cases, privileged the employees who knew them. Policies also varied from retailer to retailer.

I also always felt it unfair that someone could walk into the mall before release day and buy up stock. At least with FCFS, as silly as it often becomes, those that put in the "effort" often get their pair.

Pre-order system corrupt? Maybe. More conventient? Hells yeah, times a billion.

Never struck out on a single release, ever. Bear in mind this was in a completely different sneaker climate, but all you had to do was stay on top of things a bit:
-ask to get an idea when pre-orders were gonna start
-that week, call back regularly
-once a pre-orders' up, I'd head there straight after work, get my name on the size list & preload the gift card
-walk in the morning of rd, give gc, get shoes, walk out :smile:
Never "knew anyone on the inside", got to sleep in on my Sat morning (unless it was by choice)
These days I want no part of this overnight camping biz, no shoe is worth that hassle

Anybody got an idea of who will stock the black/red 1s? SVP Steeles doesn't know yet and SVP Yorkgate said no Jordans til 2014.

I would see it being corrupt in the sense that, employees could give all their friends and family first notice to pre-order, or the fact that re-sellers can pre-order a pair at every store. FCFS at least gives everyone a chance to pick them up and makes it more difficult for resellers to pickup multiple pairs, as they are generally released on the same day at around the same time.
But for a release like the gamma's with so many pairs to go around, pre-orders would have definitely been a better option can't see preorders selling out instantly. However you take it, as long as there's hype, there's gonna be flaws with whatever system they do. 

I'm not sure if you've even done preorders with your reply.

There's no limit on how many you can order as long as you can pay. There's no cap on the preorders a store can take as long it is in the preorder window.

All you have to do is visit your retailer and ask when they start taking preorders on a specific release.

Once you know the date, then go and order your size and quantity and load your gift card. Once you've done this, it guarantees your pair...well not exactly as they only give you the release day to pick-up your pairs. If there's a con on preorder is this and this is not even the system's fault, it is more of the employees.

Anyway, this is the past and we may never have it again.

MERRY CHRISTMAS NT FAM!!!

Got chosen to buy the oreo 6s off livestock raffle. Contemplating buying them. Does anyone want them?

Gonna assume boxing day sales at factory stores are something like 25-30% off the whole store?

Has anyone seen the Kamikaze II Trail Blazers anywhere in the GTA? Checked my local Footlocker. They got the Christmas but not these.

V61152_01

Gonna assume boxing day sales at factory stores are something like 25-30% off the whole store?

Yes..30% off your entire purchase.

They didn't have much tho...Flyknit racers (red) $87 taxes in and that's about it. Kobe 8am and KD IV N7s were all gone by 8:30am

Last edited:
Mini lineup at ftl fairview for gamma 120 this morning.

I think only me and this other guy were buying kobes there so sizes were pretty decent.

Older colorways of the Kd 6 are 80 plus tax at camps (sp, nyc, Texas, bamboo)

30 off everything at hh nike. Flyknits for 140 then 30 off. I saw the multicoloured, black, and green ones.

Everything half off at rbk and adidas. Got a pair of blk/gold answer 1. Still a few sizes, smallest is 9.5 tho.

Anyone know where the Christmas Kobe's are available in a size 11? Thanks.

Never mind. Foot locker in Vaughan Mills had them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom