Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

So no one is going to talk about the elephant in the room? Not sure what to think about Today's Sportswear pairs but I guess that will eventually come out. ok go..................

If there are any differences inquality blame nike canada for selective distribution. today's' sportswear have an authorized account with nike and have always sold legit product. I've read that their stores are labeled as an outlet(opinion?) so nike could potentially allocate older models and in this case b grades.

And in this time where legit jordans already seem like bgrades the trouble just isn't worth it

Last edited:
If there are any differences inquality blame nike canada for selective distribution. today's' sportswear have an authorized account with nike and have always sold legit product. I've read that their stores are labeled as an outlet(opinion?) so nike could potentially allocate older models and in this case b grades.

And in this time where legit jordans already seem like bgrades the trouble just isn't worth it

6ft Nathan, with the truth right here. Prior to '08 you could EASILY tell the difference between a knockoff AJ and the real deal. Now the latter is so damn subpar that you have a 'grey'/variant market that's thriving. Makes you wonder if it's JB or the variant maker selling the 'authentic fakes'.

If you guys can get your pairs at TS with no hassle and a fair price then where exactly is the elephant?

Lol I was just stirring the pot to get a reaction from people. The elephant was the fact that they look like 2 different soles, but get the points you guys are making. I have bought sneakers from Todays Sportswear and have no problems with their products, heck my last purchase were the Shadow I's and they look fine. Again I was just trying to pick at peoples brains.

I frequent TSW and so does my boy and we have no problems with the sneakers we get from them. Those pics got me suspect though...

Well when it comes to TSW I'm kinda iffy about that place I keep hearing they are a legit authorize Nike dealer however there products are not so up to par quality to me when it comes to Air Jordan's .Was looking at fire red iii's the other day and the insole pops out so easily the color on the sole looks washed out faded stars on a DS pair.For GS Bred 1 the back upper black padding is shorter than other shoe and soles are even worst than the pic I posted no threading mainly warped.I'm not trying to hate on TSW or anything like that...again I'm just showing ppl what I've seen and hope someone can shed some light .TSW has some good prices compared to any other retail store but from time to time makes me think IE GS Gamma XI for 139$ and still available? My girl looked at them and thought these are made terrible and looks suspect

I frequent TSW and so does my boy and we have no problems with the sneakers we get from them. Those pics got me suspect though...

I hear you, def. going to check my 2 pairs of Shadows that I got which one of them was from TSW. I'll let youi guys know what I see and post pics if I do notice something off.

Last place I saw them was SVP queen! but that was before Christmas.

Or SVP on Steele's But that was a while back looking at my friends timeline on IG was like 40 weeks agos she pucked them up .its the one with a leather toe box opposed to mesh

Well when it comes to TSW I'm kinda iffy about that place I keep hearing they are a legit authorize Nike dealer however there products are not so up to par quality to me when it comes to Air Jordan's .Was looking at fire red iii's the other day and the insole pops out so easily the color on the sole looks washed out faded stars on a DS pair.For GS Bred 1 the back upper black padding is shorter than other shoe and soles are even worst than the pic I posted no threading mainly warped.I'm not trying to hate on TSW or anything like that...again I'm just showing ppl what I've seen and hope someone can shed some light .TSW has some good prices compared to any other retail store but from time to time makes me think IE GS Gamma XI for 139$ and still available? My girl looked at them and thought these are made terrible and looks suspect

I think I've said it all already. If they were selling fakes I'm sure Nike would've looked into it and done something already. So would Adidas, converse, and reebok since their integrity would be compromised.
As far as quality goes, production numbers are sky high and so are sales, nike/jb doesn't care much about minor quality control issue on lifestyle shoes when the numbers on the board keep going up. If you see a fake pair of air max (current year),fake flyknits, Lebron or Kobe then let us know.

TSW has some good prices compared to any other retail store but from time to time makes me think IE GS Gamma XI for 139$ and still available? My girl looked at them and thought these are made terrible and looks suspect

Well maybe the GS sizes are still available because others still don't know about today's sportswear. I never took a chance of even looking at TSW until I came back from Hong Kong in 2010. I was suspect at their setup and said "nah it's all fake" but seeing all the shops in Hong Kong "sneakerville" as I like to call it. All the shops look like that. I mean I still looked at my kicks before they bagged it to make sure they didn't give me some BS and also the prices were comparable to TSW here in Toronto. I'm not trying to defend them just stating a few things on their set up and store appeal as well as the lack of knowledge of others about the chain store.

another thought. All those who lurk on this thread and other members... No one else bought a pair from today's sportswear? Speak up. Hahaha

TSW definitely only sells authentic products. They are an authorized Nike dealer and a franchise with numerous stores across the GTA. That's like saying At Eaze, Capsule, Ugly Dukling sells grey market pairs because they are smaller boutique shop or not as known. If anything TSW is even more credible because they have more locations then all those other stores. They get their stuff directly from Nike Canada. The only suspect vibe I can see ppl getting from TSW is the asian atmosphere which is usually linked to fakes or pairs coming from somewhere else but this isn't the case. A bad quality pair is a bad quality pair but the franchise itself is 100% legit. There is def a language barrier though so makes buying there difficult at times

Last edited:
I think I've said it all already. If they were selling fakes I'm sure Nike would've looked into it and done something already. So would Adidas, converse, and reebok since their integrity would be compromised.
As far as quality goes, production numbers are sky high and so are sales, nike/jb doesn't care much about minor quality control issue on lifestyle shoes when the numbers on the board keep going up. If you see a fake pair of air max (current year),fake flyknits, Lebron or Kobe then let us know.

I totally agree with you in regards Nike and etc would of shut them down along time ago.

TSW definitely only sells authentic products. They are an authorized Nike dealer and a franchise with numerous stores across the GTA. That's like saying At Eaze, Capsule, Ugly Dukling sells grey market pairs because they are smaller boutique shop or not as known. If anything TSW is even more credible because they have more locations then all those other stores. They get their stuff directly from Nike Canada. The only suspect vibe I can see ppl getting from TSW is the asian atmosphere which is usually linked to fakes or pairs coming from somewhere else but this isn't the case. A bad quality pair is a bad quality pair but the franchise itself is 100% legit. There is def a language barrier though so makes buying there difficult at times

Very Good point ...I'm Asian and definetly can look past the stereotype however I've seen shoes at TSW at pacific mall and quality looks good anf legit but where I live (Brampton) location of TSW the quality of Jordan's look horrible sometimes looking suspect .I've never bought Jordan's from TSW only Nike apparel at the pmall location and it was legit

totally agree, I dealt with TSW many times and have no problems. However on the bred 1s there was some quality control (glue on soles) even my friends who lined up got the same flaws. 

Todays sportswear is legit. It gets its reputation based on a few factors IMO. Some of which includes it being an Asian shop, as well as its simple to ugly store design, and it being relatively new. I remember ppl questioning svp back when they were a new player.

On another note, not accusing anyone here, but anyone hate dealing with rookies that knows little but just assumes everything is fake?

The quality on JBs have been suspect for a long time (i.e. glue marks, minor creases, scuffs, etc.).  Even when buying from FL/Champ's, when you inspect the shoes, you'll notice flaws - if you insist, they can ask to swap for another pair and you might get a 'perfect' pair or one's that even worse.  I always check my shoes before buying.  I'm not even looking super close, but still notice damage.

In fact, a guy at FL told me to not buy the HGG XIIIs in my size as they noticed most of the ones in bigger sizes sent to them had major flaws (the dimples on the upper weren't done properly, they didn't 'dimple') and the manager were sending some back to Nike.

Gotta remember, despite the premium prices, Nike/JB are mass-produced in 3rd world sweatshops (the same factories that makes 'fakes') - no surprise there'll be differences.  Even when you compare made in USA/UK New Balances vs. made in Asia NBs, there are huge differences.

EDIT: Just to be clear, made in Asia doesn't instantly mean it's worse.  Compare most QS/TZ Nikes or limited Li Nings/NBs vs. most JBs and they are in different leagues despite all being made in Asia.

Last edited:
TSW?  They're legit.  I can't really speak on the quality as I only got the Orion 7's from there for 150+tax and everybody knows how bad those 7's were.

Speaking of TSW, I remember when they still had the Cool Grey 11's on Canada Day 2011 for retail.....regret not copping them...... (BTW they were legit 11's.  I did every single check you could imagine in store.)

Today's is definitely legit, it's just Jordan Brand shoes were the quality is so off par (because JB quality control isn't good) and as mentioned Today's get the crappier quality.

Yeah, their setup is pretty similar to non-Nike sneaker stores in Hong Kong so the look isn't the most appealing and the Asian thing doesn't help when it comes to buying from them, even for me as most of the sales speak Mandarin and I speak Cantonese. But a lot of it is based on JB's Poor Quality control, hence why you have people, including here, saying sites like copkickz, kicks-crew, and all these online sites who get their product from asia are all fake and etc. #1 Asia release dates are different and #2 the quality control again. The other stuff, like Nike Basketball shoes (Kobe, Lebron, KD and etc.) those are legit (each pair is as close to identical and flawless out of the factory) and at Today's they'll occasionally will have major deals on them, that's how I got some of my beaters and some christmas gifts, GRs on the low. Today's does need up it's profile as it doesn't have a true website and no social media presence 

TSW has an account with Nike, these other 2 sites you mentioned don't so at any point they can sell fakes/b-grades and it would be ok but TSW never can. Copkickz only sells grey market/unauthorized pairs which I would deem as fakes. Personally I wouldn't buy from copkickz because they are in the early release business and those shoes will most definitely have flaws or people complaining about them. Kicks-crew is a mixture of mostly retail pairs and somtimes grey market. Any random "restock" from KC are usually unauthorized pairs, especially models that released years ago. But copkickz only buys from outside sources, nothing they have is official. No site or store can call themselves "authorized dealers" if they carry early releases, common sense. If your an authorized dealer you have to follow the rules and release dates lol

As for TSW getting lower quality Jordans then other places, I highly doubt it. I would think they get the same pairs as At Eaze, SVP, Capsule, Livestock, First String etc. There's no such thing as a RETAIL store that Nike sends outlet/flawed pairs to lol, that's what real outlets are for. It's probably just more noticeable at TSW because they may only get 1-2 FSRs and it's easier for ppl to complain about quality especially when the ppl buying are usually more knowledgeable. Whereas footlocker, you have more regular buyers who don't know much about sneakers or quality and when they get a bad pair, they don't speak up so it's not in the open

Last edited:
So after inspecting all my 1's from this year (2013) the Chicago's from FTL have the 2 soles above. The left shoe had the normal swoosh and Nike where as the right shoe had the chubby swoosh and the Nike was off a bit. The other pairs from TSW and At Ease ect were ok. Not a big deal as you won't see the sole but it still irks me that they would let things like this pass through quality control. So it def. is JB quality, sad to see but it has been like this for a while now. Also I would'nt compare TSW to Capsule, LiveStock ect. as they are not a boutique type store.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom