Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

All of this hype, reselling, campouts all started when the bred/ royal 1s released few years ago, before that shoes would sit for months.

Last edited:
All of this hype, reselling, campouts all started when the bred/ royal 1s released few years ago, before that shoes would sit for months.

IMO it began with the space jam 11s from 2009. That was the first release I noticed a shift.

IMO it began with the space jam 11s from 2009. That was the first release I noticed a shift.

Haha, it seems we all remember this stuff differently.

I remember working at FL when the Countdown Packs (Collezione, however you want to call them) came out. That Blk/red 11 and Taxi12 pack (December 2008) were the first release that I actually experienced people really thirsting. This is where I think stores started taking the pre-order game seriously which, IMO, was the precursor to widespread 'hustling' for shoes in Toronto.

(This is a comment on things in general. There were definitely instances before this where people camped and generated a ton of hype; see Titanium 23s as an example.)

Vaughan mills

people usally always thirsted for 11s.

i noticed after the concords, however, that those same people were thirsting for more and more releases after that. 

thats when it all changed. 

Picked up a pair of 2015 white air max for $150.00 less 25% off and a pair of air Jordan 5s size 13c for $35.00 for my little guy. Good day at halton hills

Quick strike Prestos blk/white on deadstock.ca

Capsule also has them. Smaller sizes sold out, only saw L and XL I believe.

Also to clear up the HOH Yonge drop on Saturday, when police came to clear out the line on Friday it forced the store to give out tickets. So essentially if you were in the area around that time, I believe you could've got a ticket and your pair reserved.

Last edited:
Many Jordan launches (i.e. pretty much anything that isn't 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 11) are sitting -- even some collabs that 'flopped'.  However, this is due more to over-saturation than due to the market 'cooling'.  Few years back, there used to be maybe a hyped JB release every 3-4 months?  Doesn't it seem like a hyped JB is dropping every other week?  And this is before 'restocks' from Nike and other major retailers - the production numbers seem way higher than before.  Also, this is well before brands like Asics, Saucony, Ewing, etc. came back - they may have a small share but the pie has gotten so big.

Think some people are just catching on to the fact that there's absolutely nothing 'rare' about most Jordan retros/Nike anymore (most of the time, people are standing in line just to look like everyone else).  But Nike are masters at dictating what most of the market like/buy -- after the Foamposites got killed with endless CWs, it was onto the Jordan 1s, and there will be something else to replace that later too.

The thing that's frustrating about the current sneaker/reseller climate is that in most cases, there's enough quantity to go around(extremely limited productions like the Chi 1s notwithstanding) for people that actually want them. What often happens is that everyone is afraid of sleeping on an easy come-up, like in the past with the Independence Day Air Max Hyperfuse releases, or the Multicolour Flyknit Trainer. The Independence Day pack sat until Kanye wore them, and the Multi Trainers were in outlets everywhere, but then hype started circulating and now both shoes sell for $300+ on the resale market.

Releases that should be pretty standard or commonplace like the OG Air Max 90, or the Triple White Huarache(LTD Mobile Grandparents Edition) are now driven so hard by pre-hype that everyone--AM90 lovers, and resellers alike--went nuts on them, most of whom don't even know why. What's funny is seeing people get burned trying to sell these at $250+. Everything evens out, there's always going to be "must-have sneakers", or game-wide trends that drive hype to unrealistic levels(like tonal uppers--just about every major brand is going crazy with these). Toronto, mercifully, has sneaker resources where if you really want a release like the 90 Infrared, they should be attainable.

Last edited:
Burloak outlet has
kd 6 elite gold pack sz12 x 3 for 110
LeBron 11 gold pack sz 9 for
And still 25% off

A lot of the GR are sitting and that's a good thing. I browse kijiji quite a bit and I notice a lot of the recent releases are on there with a $50-70 markup within the first week, and no one's buying them. Sometimes after 3-4 weeks, I'll message them with an offer below retail and they often accept. Some are even willing to drive 20-30 minutes just to drop them off to get a sale. When resellers realize all that effort only nets them $20 profit and even a possibility they might not even sell, they are probably gonna stop. 

Kitchener outlet had
KD 6 Elite Turbo green / $110 / 8.5-9.5
Some charlotte hornets coloured Aj1's
Lebron XI Gamma blue $140 / 10
all 25% off, but that probably ends tonight.

Hope everyone had a chance to go to the event yesterday in Mississauga (in kix we trust), it was pretty good. heard there may won't be an ACC Kicks/Tix event like last year though, which would be unfortunate - but i'm sure there will be other events this summer.

can anyone give an update on shoes at ES? I may be going with a friend this week who has a pass I know very little of what to expect so any details would be of help. thanks 

Hoping someone can help, know anywhere in GTA or online I can find air max 90 in the all black colorway? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom