Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

What is not believable with that picture? In the span of 2 years you have cats who in theory could have over 60+ pairs of 'heat' - so at some stage there's gonna be an over-saturation in the market and product will sit as closets fill up. Plus Nike/JB prices are unreal - you're damn lucky if you can pay MSRP let alone wait for a markdown thanks to extensive reselling.

In my honest opinion, the stuff pictured would've gone straight to the outlets about 5-6 years ago - it's unbelievable that Nike's getting cats to pay anything close to MSRP for alot of that hot garbage.
I agree 5-6 years ago most of the stuff in the pics would have ended up at the Cdn outlets.  Its just funny to see all this stuff sitting in Canada and in the states almost all these releases are sold out in stores?  Cdn MSRP is a joke and is unreal - Its gonna be funny to see how much resellers stay with trying to resell after the prices go back up in Canada!  Watching people pay some of these prices is kinda sad if you ask me? Production and quality have really gone down hill in the past few years! but Yet releases keep selling out and line ups keep happening!

I agree 5-6 years ago most of the stuff in the pics would have ended up at the Cdn outlets.  Its just funny to see all this stuff sitting in Canada and in the states almost all these releases are sold out in stores?  Cdn MSRP is a joke and is unreal - Its gonna be funny to see how much resellers stay with trying to resell after the prices go back up in Canada!  Watching people pay some of these prices is kinda sad if you ask me? Production and quality have really gone down hill in the past few years! but Yet releases keep selling out and line ups keep happening!

Agreed fam and it's gonna get worse as the CDN $ keeps dropping. All these 'new jack' resellers who think they can make a come up on some low quality retros (OG or retro+ colourways) or some hyped up GRs are in for a rude awakening.

If you're into some of the better OG runners, SVP Queen has a nice selection of them: Air Max 97 (silver bullets) and Air Max 90 (infrareds & laser blues). 

They also have some low key gems in their Air Force One's if you're into that... 

You don't have to wait until Kanye or ASAP Rocky wears this stuff to know it's hot. 
i rather wait for kanye to rock it first 
nerd.gif

To add to the Nike cuff joggers at sporting life, there are about 2 smalls, 2 mediums, 3 larges and one XL in grey. I believe only one of each size for the black cuff. They are $60+ tax.
if anyone needs a pair of the aw77 nike cuff pant, hit me up i got a connect with a couple brand new smalls in black/grey for under retail ($60).   Sportinglife still has a couple according to their website. Be warned though its better to call and check, their site is not very accurate in terms of inventory.

So many new heads buying these sb diamond highs just to be apart of this hype.
They have no clue about the history behind the shoe.

More times than not these individuals never even bought an sb or looked at an sb before they saw the diamond highs. And please dont give me that bullcrap about "maybe these are the first sbs they actually like"....please

Ill probably just spark a conversation with some random dudes in like so they can make themselves look stupid.

Even if there ARE new heads wanting to buy the sneaker what's the issue in that? Some of us were 14 or even younger when the shoe originally came out. Personally, I think its dope that they're re-releasing them and I'm glad I have the opportunity to get these at retail price instead of paying over $600 to a reseller for the lows..

Even if there ARE new heads wanting to buy the sneaker what's the issue in that? Some of us were 14 or even younger when the shoe originally came out. Personally, I think its dope that they're re-releasing them and I'm glad I have the opportunity to get these at retail price instead of paying over $600 to a reseller for the lows..
they arent re-releasing anything.

and they are only interested because its the cool thing to do. something which may allow them to be socially accepted among their peers and the rest of society. 

they have no interest in SBs for the SBs in itself.

Last edited:

they arent re-releasing anything. its  a totally different shoe. 

and they are only interested because its the cool thing to do. something which may allow them to be socially accepted among their peers and the rest of society. 

they have no interest in SBs....at all.
Ok fair, my language was a bit off there - But in essence it's the same just as a mid-top instead of a low. 

Meh, I can see where you're coming from on it being the "cool thing to do", but I'm pretty people buying the shoe on a cold Saturday morning in February have a keen interest for shoes in general. I mean on the other hand, if buying the Tiffany High makes someone feel socially accepted and good about themselves, who are we to say that it's a bad thing as well? 

What's the retail price on the Kobe IXs?

Also any info on pair allocations for the Tiffs?

I waited in line for the original tiffany drop. There was mad hype then too, who cares. Most of the people in line werent even sneakerheads, people buying to resell.

- Can anyone break down what tech gear is available at ES?
- Also, has anyone gone during a JB launch on Saturday? any changes?

I'm going to the ES saturday morning, will it be hectic?
see you there. gonna go at around 3-4pm.

i went last year and there were all sizes for the kobe 8s. even the LBJ didnt sell out.

at $270, i doubt it'll sell out as well.

they arent re-releasing anything.

they have no interest in SBs for the SBs in itself.

I was never into SBs and never owned a pair aside from the De La lows. The only other ones I wanted were the Hawaii's and the Tiffany's. Not necessarily because I knew the background of the shoe or because it was just a hyped release. But more so because I buy what I like. Everyone has their own personal reasons for wanting to buy a pair of shoes whether its to be socially accepted or to resell or because they genuinely love the shoe. They want it just as much as you want it. Their motive for wanting it doesn't make them a better or worse person than the next person standing in line. Now it just comes down to who wants it more.

Back
Top Bottom