Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

anyone selling any pins still for a reasonable price?
DM'ed.

I have a couple, unfortunately I couldn't help out @FPrince (he's looking for the wings pin, so if anyone here has that, get at him), but I have a couple extras (I don't have everything lol) for anyone who wants to complete their set.

DM'ed.

I have a couple, unfortunately I couldn't help out @FPrince (he's looking for the wings pin, so if anyone here has that, get at him), but I have a couple extras (I don't have everything lol) for anyone who wants to complete their set.
I'm definitely still in the pin hunt game too. 

Looking for : jumpman, GOAT, skate, Jersey, Flight, 6 hand, 306 Yonge, WC4, OVO & XXX Shoe

I'm willing to pay cash or trade for the flyknit, bring your game and leaf/416 2 pack.

SVP was my spot to get Jordan releases. I remember going to the SVP in Pickering like 2-3 weeks after the True Blue III's dropped and they still had a FSR. Even more recently, I remember lining up an hour before opening at the SVP on Queen for the Royal 1s and I was still maybe 10th or 12th in line. Even the Jordan 11 lows sat at the SVP in Scarborough for a week or two.
Yup SVP was a good back up spot in case FTL/Champs/Athletes World sold out on whatever Jordan's released that weekend. I lucked out twice for BC3's and WC4's in 2012 at SVP.

Struck out on BC3's at Champs Sherway the morning of the release so I drove up to SVP Steeles right after to try my luck. They weren't on display but I asked an associate and he said they were in the back. I asked for 2 pairs of 9.5 and went home happy. No lineups, walked in walked out. No camping no ghost chairs, no rigged raffles, NO BS!!

Fast forward to 2012 for the WC4 release. Drove up to Vaughn Mills to try my luck there (I live in sauga) struck out at Champs and Athetes World. Gave SVP across the street a shot. Saw a bunch of people waiting in their cars around 8:30 am, store opens at 10 am. Nobody waiting in line in front of the store. Ok fine, I figured nobody wants to start a lineup, I will. Couple of dudes get out claiming they were here before me so whatever I let them get in front, no problem. I was still 3rd in line. 10 mins before the store opens the lineup is 30 deep. Manager comes out and tells everyone they only recieved 14 pairs, so roughly one size run and half of the people in line are going home empty handed and apoligized and went back into the store. 10 am they start asking for sizes, they grab them we pay and done. 

Still cant beat the pair of Flint Grey/Blue 9 Retros I bought at SVP for 79.99 back in 2002 though. Doubled up on those and still have a pair DS. Now those were the days!

Yup SVP was a good back up spot in case FTL/Champs/Athletes World sold out on whatever Jordan's released that weekend. I lucked out twice for BC3's and WC4's in 2012 at SVP.

Struck out on BC3's at Champs Sherway the morning of the release so I drove up to SVP Steeles right after to try my luck. They weren't on display but I asked an associate and he said they were in the back. I asked for 2 pairs of 9.5 and went home happy. No lineups, walked in walked out. No camping no ghost chairs, no rigged raffles, NO BS!!

Fast forward to 2012 for the WC4 release. Drove up to Vaughn Mills to try my luck there (I live in sauga) struck out at Champs and Athetes World. Gave SVP across the street a shot. Saw a bunch of people waiting in their cars around 8:30 am, store opens at 10 am. Nobody waiting in line in front of the store. Ok fine, I figured nobody wants to start a lineup, I will. Couple of dudes get out claiming they were here before me so whatever I let them get in front, no problem. I was still 3rd in line. 10 mins before the store opens the lineup is 30 deep. Manager comes out and tells everyone they only recieved 14 pairs, so roughly one size run and half of the people in line are going home empty handed and apoligized and went back into the store. 10 am they start asking for sizes, they grab them we pay and done. 

Still cant beat the pair of Flint Grey/Blue 9 Retros I bought at SVP for 79.99 back in 2002 though. Doubled up on those and still have a pair DS. Now those were the days!
I've come across a few steals in my time.  I remember grabbing oreo 6's for $99 at TSW.  Went there randomly one day and they had CG 11's pretty much FSR just in and this was about a year after their release.  My friend and I were able to grab pairs for retail.  I remember the weekend when the white/red 13's came out...  I had a pass to the ES.  Walk in late in the afternoon and they had like no pairs left.  My friend was able to get a 13 and they offered to order them in for me because they still had stock somewhere.  I was able to grab those and flint 13's for well under retial.

Yo NT fam.. does anyone know where I can get the all white ultra boosts? I can't find hem anywhere in canada and I've been looking for months. The US restocks them almost every other day..

I worked at the yorkgate si vous play (og store) back in the early-mid 90's....in that time frame, there was a reason as to why we could sell Jordan's and nikes for under retail...stock was a mixture of real, un-authorized and even the blatant replicas. People didn't care back then though. Replicas weren't an issue so a lot of people did not know that there was even such a thing as a fake Nike/air Jordan. Some shoes lasted a year, some fell apart after a few weeks but we always took them in and replaced the pairs.
They sold fakes???

Anyone want to sell me a Nike Air WC4 pin for a reasonable price? That's the only pin I want really (I was too late during ASW I went downtown after lunch on the Saturday and got no pins anywhere).

BTW if anyone wants OG Reebok Pump rubber keychains from 26 years ago (you know the ones that are cut out like the shoe with a drawing of the shoe on them), goto Chartwell Shopping Centre at Brimley and Huntingwood and walk to the very back of the Chinese bookstore. IIRC they are just a dollar each and they have all the different models.

Last edited:
I worked at the yorkgate si vous play (og store) back in the early-mid 90's....in that time frame, there was a reason as to why we could sell Jordan's and nikes for under retail...stock was a mixture of real, un-authorized and even the blatant replicas. People didn't care back then though. Replicas weren't an issue so a lot of people did not know that there was even such a thing as a fake Nike/air Jordan. Some shoes lasted a year, some fell apart after a few weeks but we always took them in and replaced the pairs.
WOW. That's crazy lol

Yo NT fam.. does anyone know where I can get the all white ultra boosts? I can't find hem anywhere in canada and I've been looking for months. The US restocks them almost every other day..
they've been sold out in Canada since the original release.  We haven't been fortunate enough to get restocks here.  The only place that I can think of that had a late drop was solestop and people lined up for that release.

The best deal I've ever seen was waaaaaay back when the white/chrome 5s were available at Champs Pickering Town Centre for $19.99 and I passed on them bc they were half a size too small SMH. Back then people weren't thinking about reselling, only copping shoes they liked and actually fit them LOL

The best deal I've ever seen was waaaaaay back when the white/chrome 5s were available at Champs Pickering Town Centre for $19.99 and I passed on them bc they were half a size too small SMH. Back then people weren't thinking about reselling, only copping shoes they liked and actually fit them LOL

Wow..that's dirt cheap for AJ5 $20

I remember all the 2009 jordan 12 retros at svp scarborough was marked down to under $130 that aint ever happening again

I think these were my last deal from SVP. Prior to these was the BC3 CDPs when they were splitting the packs

Last edited:
The first time I saw fake Nikes was when Solestop was still a very tiny store selling used Nike consignments at Splendid China Mall. My friend picked out a pair of Infrared Air Max 90s from the rack that were going for way over $100, and said out loud that these are fakes (the colorway was definitely off in a weird way).

Mixing authentic with fake stock was pretty common practice from observations in clothing stores inside Pmall and Market Village back in the old days.

How the market has changed with these hypebeast websites and YouTube. Over ten years ago large stock of Reebok Pump Furys were sitting at the store front going for 20 bucks a pop at Today's Sportswear and nobody bought them. At the same time in the States retro Adidas sneakers at the outlet were going for 10 to 20 bucks. I was rocking OG colorway ZX 8000 and nobody even remembered what ZX was. Shoes Master magazine was collecting dust at J-Town.

Last edited:

The first time I saw fake Nikes was when Solestop was still a very tiny store selling used Nike consignments at Splendid China Mall. My friend picked out a pair of Infrared Air Max 90s from the rack that were going for way over $100, and said out loud that these are fakes (the colorway was definitely off in a weird way).

Mixing authentic with fake stock was pretty common practice from observations in clothing stores inside Pmall and Market Village back in the old days.
That's actually a good point re: mixing authentic and fake stock. Especially since the quality of Jordans have been hit or miss over the last few years. I've seen really bad pairs with chipping, creasing, and other factory defects. If a small non-franchise retailer decided to sell unauthorized sneakers, who would really even know? As customers we just assume that these stores are selling legit product and trust them. But it really makes you wonder...

Last edited:
That's actually a good point re: mixing authentic and fake stock. Especially since the quality of Jordans have been hit or miss over the last few years. I've seen really bad pairs with chipping, creasing, and other factory defects. If a small non-franchise retailer decided to sell unauthorized sneakers, who would really even know? As customers we just assume that these stores are selling legit product and trust them. But it really makes you wonder...

It's not just Jordans... I posted a while back in this thread (probably years ago now) how I was at the old Foot Locker @ Vaughn Mills & came across a really really bad pair of AM 95 Neon fakes on their "clearance" rack.

Remember, not all shoe store employees are shoeheads & they could take back returns (fakes) & either not care or would not know how to spot them.

But all the times I've been to the SVP warehouse on Steeles from what I can recall the Jordans there were legit...

But yes, times have changed

I noticed someone commented "RIP Ben" in the comments section of that video, asking respectfully if anyone knows what happened to him? I used to visit the Vault a lot back in the day and he was always such a great guy...

I worked with his sister a few years back. He slept one night and just never woke up. Quite sad man.

Back
Top Bottom