Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

I believe that's what Haven did first. They sent out a tweet on Friday morning saying they're kicking out all ghost chairs. Not sure if they ended up doing that on Saturday morning. That last recap video didn't follow up on that.

Also, the guy that kicked the cutters out is the co-owner (Arthur) not the manager.
Various reasons people don't speak up.

- A lot of folks lining up are kids and they're scared
- A lot of folks are grown and also scared
- People fear if they speak up a fight will break out and the FCFS is cancelled and switched to a raffle
- If you're in a good position to get a pair, you won't care to speak out on line cutters and ghost chairs

All valid points. It's also the bystander affect.. if no one says anything or stands up to the guys. Everyone will just let it slide. It takes atleast 2 people to make complaints before any action takes place.

It's also not worth getting a beatdown, or even killed over a pair of shoes.

All valid points. It's also the bystander affect.. if no one says anything or stands up to the guys. Everyone will just let it slide. It takes atleast 2 people to make complaints before any action takes place.

It's also not worth getting a beatdown, or even killed over a pair of shoes.
not to mention if you get into a fight and the cops roll by they do have the right to charge you for fighting/assault.  I mean it's BS but at the same time there isn't a pair of kicks in the world worth catching a charge for

Last edited:
I mean, those dudes leading the youngins were pretty huge and intimidating. The only way to stop this is exactly what happened in that video, and the co-owner of Haven stepping up and telling those guys off. Glad they did that, and it shows exactly why FCFS is not the best way to release launches like these anymore unless everyone becomes Japanese apparently lol Anyone seen that bape line up in Japan? It's like the most organized thing I've ever seen.

Last edited:

I mean, those dudes leading the youngins were pretty huge and intimidating. The only way to stop this is exactly what happened in that video, and the co-owner of Haven stepping up and telling those guys off. Glad they did that, and it shows exactly why FCFS is not the best way to release launches like these anymore unless everyone becomes Japanese apparently lol Anyone seen that bape line up in Japan? It's like the most organized thing I've ever seen.
Their line ups are like that almost every single week (or whenever there's a big launch). Super civil, no fuss.

Gotcha. So this is the extended version of that Twitter video someone linked me on here. Actually don't mind this one, the guy speaking is cool and not annoying.

I don't agree with him saying its unfair if a group of friends have chairs lined up and they choose to stay warm inside their car during a lineup. So people with cars should still lineup? especially at a place like Haven where you can park right there? that's plain foolish. I call that smart camping...its not their fault you don't have a car.

So much props and salute to Haven for both moves they made last weekend, hopefully more places follow this. I think I remember hearing LS stopped doing FCFS on popular drops for the same reason, apparently the people who cut that line at Haven are notorious across the city for doing the same everywhere else.
the guy in red's name is Drilla, and the guy in the yellow toque name is Tash. They are well known kijiji re sellers that always camp at Haven and other spots, obviously cut lines with lil girls and kids and ask ppl if they want to jump the line and pay them for that. Heard people say they don't really get physical with you but they might look intimidating to some. At the end of the day, just speak up if you see line cutters. These guys wanna make profit, not to be in jail. If they don't care abt jail time, they would be selling drugs instead of copping shoes. Just my 2cent.

I believe that's what Haven did first. They sent out a tweet on Friday morning saying they're kicking out all ghost chairs. Not sure if they ended up doing that on Saturday morning. That last recap video didn't follow up on that.

Also, the guy that kicked the cutters out is the co-owner (Arthur) not the manager.
Various reasons people don't speak up.

- A lot of folks lining up are kids and they're scared
- A lot of folks are grown and also scared
- People fear if they speak up a fight will break out and the FCFS is cancelled and switched to a raffle
- If you're in a good position to get a pair, you won't care to speak out on line cutters and ghost chairs

The soccer mom line is so true though
laugh.gif

Actually this reminds me....an update on that situation at TEC for Royals over the weekend. So there were 5 people at the front of the line, 15 ghost chairs, then my friends, then another 60 or so people. I mentioned before that the guy at the front of the line started making cut out tickets and handing them to everyone lined up, he also included the 15 ghost chairs in the count.

Turns out like an hour before open the 15 ghost chair guys show up (they never occupied their chairs at any time after leaving them there Friday morning) and they happen to be friends and family of the first guy in line
laugh.gif
mean.gif
. So pretty much the first guy orchestrated everything and pretended not to know who those 15 chairs belonged to.
Agree 100%. Back when the Nike store on Bloor was still open I called out guys who were cutting into the line on two separate releases. The first time the guy didn't even bother denying it but got all aggressive, saying "What are you gonna do about it? You better shut your mouth." The second time the group played it off like they didn't hear anything. 

I was heated both times but I also knew I wasn't going to start anything, because if fights did break out they would've shut the release down, kicked everyone out and then folks would've been in line for nothing, which would've been the biggest L of all.

Last edited:
The only time I ever lined up for shoes was for 2 hours in NYC for the Pine foams for the midnight release. One dude was walking up and down the line saying "I know everybody got $200 cash in their pocket right now!" And kept making comments about if this was the 90s we would all be robbed. After that I said no thanks to lining up for shoes :rofl:

I was heated both times but I also knew I wasn't going to start anything, because if fights did break out they would've shut the release down, kicked everyone out and then folks would've been in line for nothing, which would've been the biggest L of all.
mean.gif

This is what it really comes down to. The line cutters know it and it's that people won't likely start anything because the whole thing will get shut down if they did so they're taking advantage. 

I guess footlocker.ca really is as bad as everyone says

On Saturday at 10 am I ordered a GS Royal on FTL.ca. Paid via paypal, got order conf email from FTL and receipt from Paypal.

Today I log on to FTL.ca and there is nothing in my order history and i can't look up the order manually either.  

Any of you guys experienced this in the past?  What was the outcome?
UPDATE:  FL Actually shipped!  I now have an extra GS 7.  Still no 12 for myself though.  It's a hard life when you're #TeamRetailOrBust, Sadderday continues.

Last edited:
the guy in red's name is Drilla, and the guy in the yellow toque name is Tash. They are well known kijiji re sellers that always camp at Haven and other spots...

I've seen these guys in raffle lines before doing the same thing. Super annoying. Taking videos and showing the store employees/owners seems to be the solution...

How many pairs did Haven get? I actually considered lining up at 6 AM with a friend but didn't bother thinking that we would've been too late.

Last edited:
Agree 100%. Back when the Nike store on Bloor was still open I called out guys who were cutting into the line on two separate releases. The first time the guy didn't even bother denying it but got all aggressive, saying "What are you gonna do about it? You better shut your mouth." The second time the group played it off like they didn't hear anything. 

One time I lined up there for Galaxy Foams, like an hour before opening 3 or so guys popped up and stood near the front of the line. Luckily the first 4-5 people in line were Nike Bloor employees, when the store manager pulled up one of the employees told him and those attempted cutters weren't allowed in. I'm pretty sure one of the guys from the Haven video was the same person back then (dude with the beard and mustard hat).

I see KDC removed his Royals will be restocking tweet. Telling ppl individually in his mentions that they won't be rereleasing. :lol:

One time I lined up there for Galaxy Foams, like an hour before opening 3 or so guys popped up and stood near the front of the line. Luckily the first 4-5 people in line were Nike Bloor employees, when the store manager pulled up one of the employees told him and those attempted cutters weren't allowed in. I'm pretty sure one of the guys from the Haven video was the same person back then (dude with the beard and mustard hat).
Damn, Galaxy Foams. How long did you have to wait in line? I remember I used to work in the area around the Air Yeezy 2 drop, and people were camped a week prior to release lol.

wow galaxy foams... i've still never seen them in real life... not even at flight club =.=

Damn, Galaxy Foams. How long did you have to wait in line? I remember I used to work in the area around the Air Yeezy 2 drop, and people were camped a week prior to release lol.
The Yeezy 2 drop was all sorts of insanity. I remember talking to a few of the people who were at the front of the line - this was Thursday, just after lunch - and they said they basically made up some excuse at their place of work so they could make the trip to Toronto from Vancouver.

That was before they changed the process from FCFS to Twitter-based RSVP, too. So those people may very well have come all the way for nothing.

Last edited:
Just saw my first pair of SBB people go so hard for these 'rare' shoes and don't even wear them what's the point
depends, if i can get my hands on the galaxy foams i'm not sure what i'll do with them lol

they are not like yeezys or anything... they belong to a different class XD

A big man with his teenaged son tried cutting in line at a foot locker for the black grape 5 a few years ago. He cut in from the back, and crept up by two or three people every few minutes. He got called out as he got closer to the front, and the manager told him to get out. He would've gotten a pair at his original spot in line had he stayed in the back.

I see KDC removed his Royals will be restocking tweet. Telling ppl individually in his mentions that they won't be rereleasing.
laugh.gif
Lol the guys a joke. I was wondering why there was so much hate for KDC in here originally but I get it now, had to unfollow yesterday. I realize he had to go off the information he had available to him from Nike but I hate the way he was hyping the whole release and making it sound like it was so going to be so easy, then during the release just kind of casually tells people, "sold out, we're ******". Makes jokes about leaving the country, puts out an announcement making it seem like he has some sort of pull with Nike and that he was going to fight for the re-release, clearly stating that the release was much bigger than the OVO's so they would NOT be able to just sweep it under the rug. Then when Nike does sweep it all under the rug, he deletes his prior posts, and just doesn't even mention the Royals on his Twitter and pretends it doesn't even happen. He just handled the whole situation poorly in my opinion.

Then when Nike does sweep it all under the rug, he deletes his prior posts, and just doesn't even mention the Royals on his Twitter and pretends it doesn't even happen. He just handled the whole situation poorly in my opinion.
Can't sweep it under the rug cuz a simple Google search yields this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom