Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

Before buying from stockx, watch lacedheat's video, he talks about duties and his experience with the site.
This is actually a little bit outdated now.

Recently made a purchase from Stockx and found that they switched their shipping partner (for Canadian orders) to USPS. When I asked them about it, the rationale was that it provided better duties/customs rates for the buyer. So while you should never fool yourself into thinking that you won't pay fees, they look to be actively exploring solutions to minimizing the fee burden on us.

Recently made a purchase from Stockx and found that they switched their shipping partner (for Canadian orders) to USPS. When I asked them about it, the rationale was that it provided better duties/customs rates for the buyer. So while you should never fool yourself into thinking that you won't pay fees, they look to be actively exploring solutions to minimizing the fee burden on us.
That's actually really good to know. Honestly speaking, I've personally found that most of the times, I can find prices on StockX/Goat for the same or lower than local resell prices. As my schedule becomes more and more busy, I find myself valuing what little spare time I have, and if the price ends up being the same as a local meet, you can be damn sure I'll be ordering online and having it shipped to my door!

That's actually really good to know. Honestly speaking, I've personally found that most of the times, I can find prices on StockX/Goat for the same or lower than local resell prices. As my schedule becomes more and more busy, I find myself valuing what little spare time I have, and if the price ends up being the same as a local meet, you can be damn sure I'll be ordering online and having it shipped to my door!
Yea - I can better report on how much savings there are when I receive it.

I'm expecting to pay around $70 (if it was UPS) so if it comes to under $50, I'll be happy

To add on to that, it's summer as well and school is over. I would assume way more students will show up in store for this round (and the rumoured green v2s when high school is done next month).
It's definitely going to be a crap show on Monday. I took another vacation day for this and plan on heading downtown to raffle. I'll be lucky to be able to complete 3 raffles @ EC.

I'm already anticipating a minimum of an hour wait at each store. Hypebeasts and resellers are like splinter cells...friggen multiply exponentially every release!!!

Adidas Performance Store should be the easiest raffle on Tues/Wed for those not interested in lining up but want to enter a raffle considering they had 4 ipads for the Cream Whites. Plus I'm assuming they'll have the 2nd largest stock next to Foot Action.

Looking forward to reporting back to you all with all my findings again 
happy.gif

theyve been on a downward spiral since 2012. when coolest clothing they have is air monarchs then they got issues
I think the average age of their customers is 65  
laugh.gif

It's definitely going to be a crap show on Monday. I took another vacation day for this and plan on heading downtown to raffle. I'll be lucky to be able to complete 3 raffles @ EC.

I'm already anticipating a minimum of an hour wait at each store. Hypebeasts and resellers are like splinter cells...friggen multiply exponentially every release!!!

Adidas Performance Store should be the easiest raffle on Tues/Wed for those not interested in lining up but want to enter a raffle considering they had 4 ipads for the Cream Whites. Plus I'm assuming they'll have the 2nd largest stock next to Foot Action.

Looking forward to reporting back to you all with all my findings again 
happy.gif

I think the average age of their customers is 65  
laugh.gif

Any reason you think Footaction will have more stock than adidas? I always assumed adidas would have the most

Any reason you think Footaction will have more stock than adidas? I always assumed adidas would have the most
Because Foot Action has an "Adidas Store" within their store per se.... and foot print? I know Foot Action had the same amount/if not more of the Cream Whites than the Adidas Performance Store but I need others to confirm... I'm not stating it as a fact though, just a strong speculation. Inventory could be the same.

I work in Sales Distribution so I'm applying the same type of logic here (but like I said, I could be completely wrong haha). 

Typically allocation of inventory is based on the following:

- Sales History/Forecast (Turn and earn)

- Size of Store (Foot Print)

- Location/Traffic

Adidas Queen isn't getting them or are they still in renovation? 

Because Foot Action has an "Adidas Store" within their store per se.... and foot print? I know Foot Action had the same amount/if not more of the Cream Whites than the Adidas Performance Store but I need others to confirm... I'm not stating it as a fact though, just a strong speculation. Inventory could be the same.

I work in Sales Distribution so I'm applying the same type of logic here (but like I said, I could be completely wrong haha). 

Typically allocation of inventory is based on the following:

- Sales History/Forecast (Turn and earn)

- Size of Store (Foot Print)

- Location/Traffic
Interesting. Makes sense. I was thinking adidas would want their flagship to have the most pairs but I guess FL/FA/Champs is all one company and would get the most pairs total. Which they can allocate to any of the stores as they want.

Adidas Queen isn't getting them or are they still in renovation? 
I believe they are still closed.

Interesting. Makes sense. I was thinking adidas would want their flagship to have the most pairs but I guess FL/FA/Champs is all one company and would get the most pairs total. Which they can allocate to any of the stores as they want.
I believe Adidas Canada tells them how to allocate their stock (for Yeezy's).

I believe they are still closed.

I believe Adidas Canada tells them how to allocate their stock (for Yeezy's).
Confirmed, based on what I've been told in the past FA will have the highest allocation of Yeezys across the FL/FA/Champs family as they are the largest non Adidas run store. 

Like @CT15 stated it's based on highest traffic and factoring in footprint the FA store got the most Cream Yeezys as a result.  I think the next was FTL EC and then Champs EC/YD.  It would be safe to assume the same logic would be applied to this release as well.

Last edited:
Before buying from stockx, watch lacedheat's video, he talks about duties and his experience with the site.

This guy is ridiculous. He made a 12min video because he had to pay duties lol. Stockx doesn't hide that they won't mark the item as gift or change the value to avoid duties. It's not their fault... as a consumer the choice was his and the information readily available.

This guy is ridiculous. He made a 12min video because he had to pay duties lol. Stockx doesn't hide that they won't mark the item as gift or change the value to avoid duties. It's not their fault... as a consumer the choice was his and the information readily available.
It's not even StockX's fault. He should be complaining to his local MP or CBSA lol.

It's not even StockX's fault. He should be complaining to his local MP or CBSA lol.
For real, our duty free limit is preposterous.

Our neighbours down South are stress free about this due to their $800 duty free exemption, meanwhile ours is what, $25? That's ludicrous and the fact that more people aren't speaking up about it shows how blind they are to the situation, especially since the amount of people online shopping is increasing at a fast pace. There was a petition a while ago to propose that our duty free limit should be increased to $300 and it was supposed to be discussed in parliament, but I'm not sure it got enough signatures. It was backed by a MP as well.

Absolutely in agreement with both of you.

The guy is truly delusional to blame Stockx for his duties burden. Blaming ANY store for that matter for duties is delusional.

For real, our duty free limit is preposterous.

Our neighbours down South are stress free about this due to their $800 duty free exemption, meanwhile ours is what, $25? That's ludicrous and the fact that more people aren't speaking up about it shows how blind they are to the situation, especially since the amount of people online shopping is increasing at a fast pace. There was a petition a while ago to propose that our duty free limit should be increased to $300 and it was supposed to be discussed in parliament, but I'm not sure it got enough signatures. It was backed by a MP as well.
Yeah our limits are laughable.

Remember a few years ago when they increased our 7 day duty free limit from $300 to $800 LOL. Please, you're not doing us any favors. You're just bringing the duty free limit to a "reasonable" level.

If duties were lowered or the allowance was increased, expect a shock to Canadian retailers...

Putting the FX aside, it is much cheaper to purchase items in the States as they're able to scale much greater than Canada...

Obviously the FX doesn't help currently. But remember when we were at parity with the US Dollar??? It was like a feeding frenzy!

This is why Target and Express failed miserably here.. they tried to price items equivalently here compared to the States. J.Crew did this when they first came to Canada and remember how that went? They had to adjust their pricing strategy...trust me, there's a method to the madness. You might not see it as an average consumer, but economists know what they're doing....to some extent to keep Canada "thriving" to some degree haha

Lol. The duties are in place for a reason. Everything is cheaper in the States. You raise the limit for goods exempt from duties and the Canadian retailers end up suffering.
You took the words right out of my mouth haha Took me too long to write up my comment. 
laugh.gif

Lol. The duties are in place for a reason. Everything is cheaper in the States. You raise the limit for goods exempt from duties and the Canadian retailers end up suffering.
You took the words right out of my mouth haha Took me too long to write up my comment. 
laugh.gif
You guys are bang on. But there will always be ignorant and naive consumers who simply don't understand the basics of a globalized economy and its affect on local businesses.

Next to the complaints about duties, the most prevalent complaint is probably "WHY DON'T WE GET AS MUCH STOCK AS THE US!?! THERE'S SO MUCH MORE DEMAND HERE!" while conveniently failing to realize that the US has a population 10 times bigger than Canada (hell there are individual states with more people than our entire country).

You gotta wonder where common sense goes sometimes eh?

Back
Top Bottom