Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

“will you size swap my 13 for your 8.5?”
“will you take *insert gr that goes for below retail* plus 25 dollars?”
“how about 50 on top?”

kys

Tbh, I'm generally open to trades, but my list of wants is very specific (there's not much that I don't get on my own). On top of that, I will expect the cash added (on either side) to be a fair amount. Most ppl try to offer $50 in cash when the cash add should really be $100 or more.

those monarchs are definitely less bulky. what's the point of a monarch if you streamline the design LOL
so "elite" fashion heads can rock it?

Was at the ES store 2 days ago

Air Max 270 (black/white) - $137.99 (sizes 8-13) didnt see 12
Vapormax (dusty cactus) - $175 (sizes 8-12)
Jordan 11 'Easter' - 8.5-12 . Not many pairs left.

Some tech fleece items.
Hoody - $98.99 (black)
Pants - $74.99 black/green/sky blue
lots of sizes in each

Got a good one!

My most recent transaction on Kijiji, not shoe related but worth mentioning.
Was selling a Hoodie and matching sweatpants.
What felt like a week of txt msgs back and forth buddy finally agreed on my "last price."
Cool.

Meet up with dude, even went out my way, showed him the goods and curve ball he wants to try both pieces on.
Explained to him that I was not comfortable in doing so and he pleaded nearly begged me to try the stuff on b/c he will buy them!
This whole convo took 40 minutes away from my life.
SMH.

Got frustrated and just agreed.
Awkwardly followed this stranger to the restrooms and stood outside like I was lookout.
I was still SMH.
Dude comes out and said the hoodie was heavily used and stretched out but he'll still take for a cheaper price to what we already agreed on.
"Seriously, Dude!"
The pants were a medium and hoodie a large. Of course it's bigger in size compared to the bottom!

Again, another 40 minutes of this guy pleading his case.
"To hell with it," I said.
Told the man just give me the damn money and let me be!

The End.

apparently Nike Fairview still has some pairs of South Beach 98s for any interested
Fairview actually had em out early. I saw them sitting there on Monday when I went to go return a pair of vapormaxes to sportchek. Didn't really pay attention to the release date so I didn't know they were out early. It's an okay shoe imo. Better stuff dropping this month imo compared to those.

Got a good one!

What felt like a week of txt msgs back and forth buddy finally agreed on my "last price."
Cool.

Meet up with dude, even went out my way, showed him the goods and curve ball he wants to try both pieces on.
Explained to him that I was not comfortable in doing so and he pleaded nearly begged me to try the stuff on b/c he will buy them!
SMH.

Awkwardly followed this stranger to the restrooms and stood outside like I was lookout.
I was still SMH.
Dude comes out and said the hoodie was heavily used and stretched out but he'll still take for a cheaper price to what we already agreed on.
"Seriously, Dude!"
The pants were a medium and hoodie a large. Of course it's bigger in size compared to the bottom!

The End.
Man y'all got way too much patience. I do not suffer fools, save your time and just walk away.

Some of my Kijiji pet peeves:

- People messaging me with diff names throughout the day, asking for the same price.
- People who agree on a price, meet up time/day, and when the time comes, they ask for a lower price either prior or during the meet up.
- People who ask me for more pictures of the shoes because they're "really interested" but stop responding after (Are they using my pics to scam others? Lol)
- When they ask "Is this still available?" then don't reply after you do
- When they try to tell you that they can get a better price from StockX lol
- When the buyer doesn't want to meet half way, and wants you to meet super close to them
- When the buyer wants you to go to their house so they can plug in your electronics to see if they're working :rofl:

Some dudes overall are mad awkward at the meet up. No social skills
I've had my fair share of good and bad deals on kijiji, whether they be shoe or electronic transactions and I have to agree with most of these things. The one thing I have to say about kijiji is that I generally don't get low balled too hard for hyped releases cuz there's always some people that are willing to pay the price I list. That being said, I've dealt with a lot of the crap around low balls, flops, and just poorly mannered customers in general due to whatever the reason is.

I understand the electronics thing to an extent because my boy got scammed on a ps4 he bought over kijiji (bought the console at a meet-up, brought it home and it didn't work), but for shoes, just know your size already man. If you don't know your size, just try a similar pair in store before coming to us to cop. Don't have the time and energy to deal with the "oh can I try it on" crap, esp if it's a DS shoe. |l

I don't sell often, but going forward, I'll just send everything off to StockX to avoid the hassle.

“will you size swap my 13 for your 8.5?”
“will you take *insert gr that goes for below retail* plus 25 dollars?”
“how about 50 on top?”

kys
Trades are literally my nightmare on kijiji. 99% of the time when I'm selling something, I'm looking for cash either due to downsizing or just want extra cash to save up for something. I'm okay with trades if I'm getting something favourable coming my way, but I really hate those size swap trades. Every shoe I list for sale it's majority of the time in my size. Don't come at me asking for a size swap unless it's the size i specify in the ad...

tbh i don't mind size swapping for the most part to help others out if i don't plan on keeping the pair and it's not too out of my size range. I mean there's no fool proof way to confirm but i try to do my best to assess the person first though so i feel comfortable that the person i'm doing the swap for is actually the person who wants the shoes.

In terms of asking for money on top i only do that if the trade is heavily weighted one way versus the other. I'm not looking to get rich off selling my shoes, 99% of the time i just want my size or a pair i missed out on and don't mind giving up a bit more value on my end to make the deal happen but lotsa new age resellers are too greedy

one guy tried on my used shoes without wearing socks at a meet from kijiji, he ended up buying them tho.
Lol! My last sale I had a guy ask if he could try them on and I said no as he wasn't wearing socks......not that it would have made a difference. He ended up buying them and when I drove off I could see he was trying them on without socks. **** is nasty!

With that said I have a meet up today for a sale and he seems serious but we'll see. I messaged him this morning asking him to text me that we are still good for the meet up but haven't heard back from him yet. If I don't hear from him by the time I get off **** that I'm going home. I've been at work since 6:15am and have zero patience today.

well that's the nature of kijiji there are no consequences for not committing and for acting like the most inconsiderate creature known to man.

I don't sell often, but going forward, I'll just send everything off to StockX to avoid the hassle.

Worked well for you so far? No buyers remorse policies?

In terms of asking for money on top i only do that if the trade is heavily weighted one way versus the other. I'm not looking to get rich off selling my shoes, 99% of the time i just want my size or a pair i missed out on and don't mind giving up a bit more value on my end to make the deal happen but lotsa new age resellers are too greedy
^
this is what happens when a TON of people get into this sneaker thing because there's $ to be made.
I've seen a lot of people in my circle get into "collecting" the past month but for the past 20 years
didn't used to care at all. THAT I think is what's killing the community aspect of this sneaker thing.
People are concerned about the profit margins rather than actually being able to wear the shoes.

Regarding the Kijiji thing, I've mostly had pleasant experiences on there.
I think through messaging alone I'm able to filter through the mess and able
to make the right call when buying or selling.

I help my wife sell her bags and making transactions in the 1000s really up the
risk and tension during meetups so I just try to get everything out of the way during the initial communication stage.

Got a good one!

Cool.

SMH.

I was still SMH.
"Seriously, Dude!"

The End.
I had a similar incident...I bought a women’s tech fleece parka at the outlet for $50 on stacked discount and posted it for $100 ($399 was og retail plus tax) so this girl contacted me pleading that she had to have it and that it was sold. I took down the post. She could only meet downtown at U of T and didn’t drive so I said sure, I’ll drive down and meet you and go shopping while I’m there..I always give the receipt on whatever I sell regardless of the price that I paid so I brought it...it was a medium and she claimed that she wore a medium so it would fit perfect. I get down there and the girl is a xl no questions about it. She looks at it and says I’ll need to try it on so I said sure...it’s a parka so she could put it on right in front of me but she insisted that she had to go to a bathroom and try it on, which I agreed to. She comes out ten mins later asking if I had the receipt so I handed it to her...she looks at it and goes “oh wow! You only paid $50 but want $100 for it? I wish that I hadn’t seen this now because I won’t pay $100 for it since you paid only $50, I’ll give you what you paid for it or else I don’t want it” I looked at her and laughed, said look I drove down all the way after a week of you confirming and bothering me and now you’re not taking it. That’s fine but don’t make some **** about the price that I paid when clearly it’s four sizes two small for your big ***...she threw it on the ground and walked away just like nothing and called me a scammer who’s trying to make profit lol I haven’t dealt with a single female since this incident.

I had a similar incident...I bought a women’s tech fleece parka at the outlet for $50 on stacked discount and posted it for $100 ($399 was og retail plus tax) so this girl contacted me pleading that she had to have it and that it was sold. I took down the post. She could only meet downtown at U of T and didn’t drive so I said sure, I’ll drive down and meet you and go shopping while I’m there..I always give the receipt on whatever I sell regardless of the price that I paid so I brought it...it was a medium and she claimed that she wore a medium so it would fit perfect. I get down there and the girl is a xl no questions about it. She looks at it and says I’ll need to try it on so I said sure...it’s a parka so she could put it on right in front of me but she insisted that she had to go to a bathroom and try it on, which I agreed to. She comes out ten mins later asking if I had the receipt so I handed it to her...she looks at it and goes “oh wow! You only paid $50 but want $100 for it? I wish that I hadn’t seen this now because I won’t pay $100 for it since you paid only $50, I’ll give you what you paid for it or else I don’t want it” I looked at her and laughed, said look I drove down all the way after a week of you confirming and bothering me and now you’re not taking it. That’s fine but don’t make some **** about the price that I paid when clearly it’s four sizes two small for your big ***...she threw it on the ground and walked away just like nothing and called me a scammer who’s trying to make profit lol I haven’t dealt with a single female since this incident.

I'm sorry but that's just plain stupid of you. I'm not saying to swindle people or try to make huge profits off of people but to include the receipt with every sale and ask like double the price you paid and expect people to be receptive to that and be willing to make the purchase. That's just not sound business or selling smarts... If they already know they're paying re sell prices then sure, but in that case, you killed the sale by including that receipt.

woah that's nasty. Just don't bring receipts for outlet pick ups (but this clearly wasn't the issue. CLEARLY).
I'm surprised you let her take it to the washroom. that's super nasty.

I'm sorry but that's just plain stupid of you. I'm not saying to swindle people or try to make huge profits off of people but to include the receipt with every sale and ask like double the price you paid and expect people to be receptive to that and be willing to make the purchase. That's just not sound business or selling smarts...
Ah...it doesn’t matter what you pay for something that you’re selling, especially if it’s still wayyyyy under retail. With this logic, if I got something for free then I shouldn’t ask any money for it if I want to sell it. I include the receipts for everything that I sell because I undercut retail and outlet prices and people often wonder why “so cheap”. This is actually called being up front and honest without any shady **** being kept from the buyer. Do you go to footlocker and say, hey you guys paid less on a bulk sale, I won’t pay what you’re asking but I’ll only pay what you paid for it. Or all the resellers who give out receipts but ask triple the og prices on what they paid originally?...I’m still handing out a serious steal deal because even if they went to that same outlet and found it, it wouldn’t be $50 for them..factor in them driving all the way and spending time and gas plus paying $150 for it...I’d pay the $100 any day for it.

Last edited:
If I agree to pay $100 for a $300 jacket, I don’t care if the seller paid $25 or $400 as long as it’s legit and as described in the ad.

I think to sum up the past two pages: kijiji users suck

I’ve met some good people along with the bad though

That's a totally unrelated argument though. I was simply saying that people always want to feel like their getting the best deal. It has nothing to do with undercutting retail price or "going into a retail store and asking them for a huge discount just because they pay stock price". The fact is that it's not "being shady" to not reveal the true price you paid. In terms of business...maximizing your profits is all that matters. What showing people the receipt is doing is giving them the impression that they're being duped still, regardless of what you say or try to defend it. No matter what bro...the majority of people would low ball you or ask to give them a lower price if you outwright show you paid half of what you're asking.

I also specified in my post that I'm aware of the case of when people agree and fully know they are paying re sell prices. In that case it was clear that the girl was an idiot for sure, but she also was more stupid and gave you a hard time because she saw you paid half of what you were asking. It's just general business practice. There will always be people willing to pay whatever you're asking even if you paid a dollar because they know it's cheaper than retail, but I would bet that a majority would low ball you or ask you to adjust your price lower once they see that receipt. That's all I was saying.

I wanna be on your side, but you kinda took an L on your stance. The receipt thing is really only for sneakers and hyped clothing imo. For the average person, they could care less about the receipts since they really look at how the clothes/shoes look rather than the authenticity. A majority of the time, especially for outlet pickups, there's no need to bring a receipt as average people don't really understand the purpose of bringing a receipt to a transaction other than the fact that they're getting a deal compared to how much they would regularly pay, especially since you're dealing with a student that's not within the culture. Keep in mind that a lot of students generally look for steals within the school buy/sell groups (U of T free and for sale), so they don't ever want to overpay for anything

That being said, she is a little bit scum for not agreeing to the original price and she should've just paid the price, but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom