Official Toronto Raptors 2009-2010 Season Thread. The Raptors are garbage. That is all.

^ or he's playing exactly how we need him to play so we can advance past the first round this year. Every player has contributed well this game and we're killing Philly right now.

raps have been finding ways to win

as frsutrating as it is to blow a double digit lead, a mark of a good team is to find a way to win and the raps have definitle been a good team latley

Good game Raptors, Evan's with the AYO move and I swear to God I can't stand Calderon.

Ever since he was claiming Spain was the best, Bosh was unstoppable though

Lamarcus Aldridge. "Numbers speak for them selves."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by wttm

lol carlos your pessimism on this team is getting old.
i don't like mediocrity but honestly, it's not like BC haven't been pulling moves to try to tweak the team.
you make it sound soo easy to build a contender in a couple years or so. how many legit contenders are out there really? Cavs, Lakers, Boston, Magic? Spurs, and Denver maybe? Also, it helps getting players for chump change (Gasol, KG). While I'm not thrilled with the Hedo signing, I'm happy at what we got. How many guys would've wanted to come to Canada?
Think abotu the years it took for the Hawks and Blazers to rebuild even with the luck of some ping pong balls.
Although, I'm with you on that fact this team will not be contending in the near future but i'm optimistic with the job BC is doing.
My point though is, this is BC's 4th year in charge and overall the team has not improved much.

1st season: #1 overall pick falls in his lap, makes some good moves in acquiring players like Parker, Garbo, Rasho, Ford, etc. Raps surprisingly make the playoffs, lose in the 1st round, but it was ultimately a successful season considering that the team won less than 30-games the season before

2nd season: Despite seeing how poorly the team played on the defensive end, Colangelo does little to fix the problem...team finishes around .500, Magic easily beat them in the 1st round. Not a successful season at all since no progress was made.

3rd season: BC brings in JO, Calderon becomes the #1 PG, little is done to address the holes at the 2 and 3 spots. Mitchell is fired after a .500 start, Triano fares much much worse. JO is then traded for Marion. Team finishes with a little more than 30-wins, very unsuccessful and disappointing season

4th season: BC completely overhauls the bench, drafts DeRozan and signs Hedo to a big-contract. Extends Triano's contract even though he finished with a winning % much worse than Mitchell's win% when Mitchell got fired. The team is comfortably above the .500 mark and will easily finish over .500 this season but appear to be stuck in the East's #5 seed where they will face ORL/BOS/ATL, 3 teams that have defeated the Raptors comfortably in recent years.

So lets say the Raptors finish the season with another 1st round exit. There will have been no progress since season 1.

Lets say the Raptors win a playoff series. We can say that this team has progressed and there is reason for optimism.

Realistically speaking though, this team will be huge underdogs against any of their first round opponents and are unlikely to win a playoff series.

If you were to tell Raptor fans before Colangelo was hired that this team would have a .500 record and no playoff series wins after 4 seasons of him in charge, how do you think the fans would respond? Assuming that the Raptors fail to make it out of the first round, you can not say that much progress has been made with Colangelo in charge.

go turn on the YES network you chump..... Raptors are playing unbelievable right now, and BC is one of the best GM in the leauge... notice how MLS is raking it in off the raptors as well.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

1. the raps are making the playoffs.
2. no they are not advancing past the first round.
3. regardless of great gm  or not this franchise needs everything to fall into place perfectly to ever be truly successful because as much as anyone would ever deny it, being located in canada puts the team at a distinct disadvantage for countless reasons.
4. it will be a travesty if chris bosh is not First Team All NBA this season.
Agreed and on that 4th point Bosh better get it, I don't see anyone else beating CB4 for that spot. For 1st Team NBA All-Def though I see Kendrick Perkins taking that PF part.

Reading this kind of caught me off guard today...

http://www.thestar.com/sp...colangelo-to-n-j-rumours

I'm guessing MLSE will wait to see how the Raptors perform in the playoffs before considering give Colangelo an extension. Or maybe Colangelo is not interested in an extension and will be on his way out after next season.

"We like Bryan. I still believe we have two of the best generalmanagers in hockey and basketball (in Leafs GM Brian Burke andColangelo). I wouldn't trade either of them for anyone, and I know myway around the leagues," said Peddie, CEO of MLSE, which also owns theMaple Leafs.
Peddie is a pompous douche bag
laugh.gif

Maybe its me, but i honestly dont think its hard to build a contender.

THese GMs are just horrendous, uneducated, and just plain suck. fans are better GMs then them sometimes.

I can see Bosh not making the first team, but he'll def. make into the 2nd team for sure.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

Originally Posted by wttm

lol carlos your pessimism on this team is getting old.
i don't like mediocrity but honestly, it's not like BC haven't been pulling moves to try to tweak the team.
you make it sound soo easy to build a contender in a couple years or so. how many legit contenders are out there really? Cavs, Lakers, Boston, Magic? Spurs, and Denver maybe? Also, it helps getting players for chump change (Gasol, KG). While I'm not thrilled with the Hedo signing, I'm happy at what we got. How many guys would've wanted to come to Canada?
Think abotu the years it took for the Hawks and Blazers to rebuild even with the luck of some ping pong balls.
Although, I'm with you on that fact this team will not be contending in the near future but i'm optimistic with the job BC is doing.
My point though is, this is BC's 4th year in charge and overall the team has not improved much.

1st season: #1 overall pick falls in his lap, makes some good moves in acquiring players like Parker, Garbo, Rasho, Ford, etc. Raps surprisingly make the playoffs, lose in the 1st round, but it was ultimately a successful season considering that the team won less than 30-games the season before

2nd season: Despite seeing how poorly the team played on the defensive end, Colangelo does little to fix the problem...team finishes around .500, Magic easily beat them in the 1st round. Not a successful season at all since no progress was made.

3rd season: BC brings in JO, Calderon becomes the #1 PG, little is done to address the holes at the 2 and 3 spots. Mitchell is fired after a .500 start, Triano fares much much worse. JO is then traded for Marion. Team finishes with a little more than 30-wins, very unsuccessful and disappointing season

4th season: BC completely overhauls the bench, drafts DeRozan and signs Hedo to a big-contract. Extends Triano's contract even though he finished with a winning % much worse than Mitchell's win% when Mitchell got fired. The team is comfortably above the .500 mark and will easily finish over .500 this season but appear to be stuck in the East's #5 seed where they will face ORL/BOS/ATL, 3 teams that have defeated the Raptors comfortably in recent years.

So lets say the Raptors finish the season with another 1st round exit. There will have been no progress since season 1.

Lets say the Raptors win a playoff series. We can say that this team has progressed and there is reason for optimism.

Realistically speaking though, this team will be huge underdogs against any of their first round opponents and are unlikely to win a playoff series.

If you were to tell Raptor fans before Colangelo was hired that this team would have a .500 record and no playoff series wins after 4 seasons of him in charge, how do you think the fans would respond? Assuming that the Raptors fail to make it out of the first round, you can not say that much progress has been made with Colangelo in charge.

go turn on the YES network you chump..... Raptors are playing unbelievable right now, and BC is one of the best GM in the leauge... notice how MLS is raking it in off the raptors as well.
"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser."
-Socrates

The 76ers are a terrible team. You gonna use a Raps win over a terrible team as your counter-argument? You've gotta try harder than that my friend.

Whats next? You're gonna use the Raps next win over the Nets to prove that this team has turned the corner?

The Raps have had little trouble beating weak teams in the Bryan Colangelo era but they've generally fared poorly against teams above them in the standings.

The Raptors will have to win a playoff series to really show that they have turned the corner. I'm sure most of the rational members here will agree with me on this.

Lamarcus Aldridge. "Numbers speak for them selves."
laugh.gif

Is that the best you could come up with? Aldridge has had a better career up to this point. It's not even debatable. You're the guy that said Aldridge was not a good rebounder even though he was averaging 4 more RPG than Bargnani back when we had this discussion back in 2008. He's still averaging more rebounds than Bargnani this season even with Bargnani finally getting starter's minutes. This is no longer an issue of Aldridge vs. Bargnani because both sides should be happy with the players they got. But dont be pompous and think that the Raptors got the better player in the end. It's pretty equal at this point (as indicated by their 2010 season performances) but Aldridge has undoubtedly had a better start to his career than Bargnani.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Maybe its me, but i honestly dont think its hard to build a contender.

THese GMs are just horrendous, uneducated, and just plain suck. fans are better GMs then them sometimes.

I can see Bosh not making the first team, but he'll def. make into the 2nd team for sure.

maybe you're being sarcastic since your a Knick fan making that comment 
happy.gif
but yeah lol it's easy for you to say when everyone wants to play for you guys. Not the case for the great white north. 

"Lamarcus Aldridge. "Numbers speak for them selves."
Is that the best you could come up with? Aldridge has had a better career up to this point. It's not even debatable. You're the guy that said Aldridge was not a good rebounder even though he was averaging 4 more RPG than Bargnani back when we had this discussion back in 2008. He's still averaging more rebounds than Bargnani this season even with Bargnani finally getting starter's minutes. This is no longer an issue of Aldridge vs. Bargnani because both sides should be happy with the players they got. But dont be pompous and think that the Raptors got the better player in the end. It's pretty equal at this point (as indicated by their 2010 season performances) but Aldridge has undoubtedly had a better start to his career than Bargnani."

man get out of here bargs is light years better than aldriidge. Bargs can do a million things that LA cant

Is that the best you could come up with? Aldridge has had a better career up to this point. It's not even debatable. You're the guy that said Aldridge was not a good rebounder even though he was averaging 4 more RPG than Bargnani back when we had this discussion back in 2008. He's still averaging more rebounds than Bargnani this season even with Bargnani finally getting starter's minutes. This is no longer an issue of Aldridge vs. Bargnani because both sides should be happy with the players they got. But dont be pompous and think that the Raptors got the better player in the end. It's pretty equal at this point (as indicated by their 2010 season performances) but Aldridge has undoubtedly had a better start to his career than Bargnani."

man get out of here bargs is light years better than aldriidge. Bargs can do a million things that LA cant
Thank you for your insightful post.

I feel a million times smarter now.

Andrea got some of the nicest hands in the L for a big man, as well as being one of the best 3 point shooters in the game, plus he can defend. He is a PF forced to play C as well cause bosh is so soft.

Andrea got some of the nicest hands in the L for a big man, as well as being one of the best 3 point shooters in the game, plus he can defend. He is a PF forced to play C as well cause bosh is so soft.
I agree with most of what you said but the point I was making to OKB is that Aldridge has had a better start to his career than Bargnani.

I'm not asking you who has had a better career, that's not what this is about, the question who at this point, at this very second, not a year ago not two years ago, not when there were rookies, who is a better fit for the Raptors. The answer is unquestionably Bargnani, and the rebounding crack, nobody has ever said that Bargnani is a better rebounder than Lamarcus, nobody, my point is that anybody making the case that we need lamarcus because we need somebody who can control the boards is invalid because Lamarcus is a bad rebounder AS WELL.  Lamarcus Aldridges rebound rate is only 3% higher than Bargnani's.

The question isn't who is better becuase there really is a small difference between the two the question is who is a better fit for the Raptors, Lamacrus (and his 70million dollar contract) or Bargnani.

Even though were tied, I like what I see.  Calderon's getting the majority of the minutes at point, even though he
came off the bench.

I like our bigs, Bosh, Bargs and Johnson(who is playing great tonigth) are all good, and once they work Evans in it'll only get better. (Nesto is getting the short end here but that's a testament to our depth.)

I think all of Wrights minutes should go towards Derozan and Weems.  He's garbage.

I feel like we havent seen much of Hedo and Jack tonight.
Wee need to stop havigng our bad games thhat kill momentum

Hedo < *
He's so garbage! You can't walk to the spots on offense.  I honestly think he feels jst signing with us is enough and he doesnt have to play hard. %%!$.  Derozan at least tries, play bosh at the three with johnson for all I care, get Hedo out

Originally Posted by trich20

Even though were tied, I like what I see.  Calderon's getting the majority of the minutes at point, even though he
came off the bench.

I like our bigs, Bosh, Bargs and Johnson(who is playing great tonigth) are all good, and once they work Evans in it'll only get better. (Nesto is getting the short end here but that's a testament to our depth.)

I think all of Wrights minutes should go towards Derozan and Weems.  He's garbage.

I feel like we havent seen much of Hedo and Jack tonight.
Wee need to stop havigng our bad games thhat kill momentum

We dont ever need to see much of Hedo, dude is $**+#$+ trash

28 mins 0/5FG 0/3 3PT 3FOULS 1TO 1PT

And dude should get more mins? Really?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom